Election Candidate: The Bishop of Southwark

I hope this is a story… mostly because I want to properly vote for the bishop now.

Which faction cards?[/quote]
It’s part of the list of potential cases you can pick up and investigate. There just happens to be an option to advance those on faction cards.[/quote]
Pick up where? I’m not seeing them…[/quote]
It’s only part of the list. The quality has changed to add a new level. They haven’t added in the actual investigation yet. There’s several on the quality that we can’t do yet, actually.[/quote]
Again, how are you seeing this?

[quote=Anne Auclair]
Again, how are you seeing this?[/quote]
If I’m understanding this right:

There is an option on faction cards to pursue cases, (Called &quotSolving a Case: [faction specific action]&quot) back from really early game, when you played detective for multiple cases, like comtessa’s and the devil who tried to run away with the singer. One way to advance was to question members of various factions on their cards to discover information.

These options are locked for nearly all players, [since they’ve gone through all availible cases, or at least all excluding ambition exclusives, and don’t have anything useful they could do with the remaining ones], but the option is still visible. When you hover over it, you get a list of cases you could progress on with that option. A new one has been added, though you can’t actually do anything with it yet. It’s name is investigating a campaign, and it seems likely to be associated with the mayors.
edited by Grenem on 6/16/2016

Here is a screencap from the Bohemian card, although it appears on all faction cards.

[li]
edited by th8827 on 6/16/2016

Church and State are best off separated, methinks.

This is just the sort of radical poppycock that is sending our fair nation right down the tubes to hell! They ought to inspect your quarters for nevercold brass and souls!

With Cleansing Blade, you ride the road to Hell. But, what awaits you there?

On the other hand, there is something to say for striking while the bomb blasts are still fresh.

Indeed. What’s the worst that can happen? Death? I’ve been been dead fully four times and I’m fine!

Indeed. What’s the worst that can happen? Death? I’ve been been dead fully four times and I’m fine![/quote]

Being chained by your ankle to an oar on a brass trireme. A devil with a whip in one hand and a salt-shaker in the other walks over to you to wonder aloud whether anyone’s ever going to ransom you.

Meh, worth it. FOR GOD’S SAKE!

And what reward is not fighting Hell getting us? They are already doing something a dozen times more vile and violent to the innocent and naive among us—they only make it look gentle and suave so we don’t notice. No more lies—only honest rage! For God’s Sake! For our own souls’ sake! Vote the Lord Bishop of Southwark!

The following is wicked blasphemy plied from a heretic’s lips with a burning iron, and most certainly not anything I myself have ever thought or said. For God’s sake!

I wonder if the Brass Embassy might be one of the behind-the-scenes backers of the Bishop’s campaign. I could see Hell having a vested interest in a plan that’s likely to fill its triremes with thousands of would-be conquerors. From how the previous records stand, they’d be justified in not seeing the attack succeeding as a realistic outcome, and besides, devils strike me as the kind to do high-stakes gambling.

A good politician will show their superiority by driving their party’s platform against their opponents’. The good Bishop cuts the middleman by piledriving the opponent unto the platform.

Don’t you mean with the platform?

This is just the sort of radical poppycock that is sending our fair nation right down the tubes to hell! They ought to inspect your quarters for nevercold brass and souls![/quote]
You mean exotic light sources and brass coal? You do realize both are completely legal to own. I am of the opinion souls should be banned for anyone without a permit, though. I mean, what could go wrong with that kind of law?

Ah, but what is a soul, and what does it mean to lose it? This is the crux of the matter. Furthermore, it’s worthy to note that there are Sprifers, humans, who choose to illegally sell souls. From my awareness, some of the more…disturbing, instances of soullessness have resulted from them. Oh so much to think about.

Ah, but what is a soul, and what does it mean to lose it? This is the crux of the matter. Furthermore, it’s worthy to note that there are Sprifers, humans, who choose to illegally sell souls. From my awareness, some of the more…disturbing, instances of soullessness have resulted from them. Oh so much to think about.[/quote]
The Brass Embassy happily buys those souls, provided their provenance is well concealed. Also, the Embassy itself steals souls. Remember how during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose the Devils would throw parties at their Embassy, drug people into unconsciousness, and then extract their souls?

Ah, but what is a soul, and what does it mean to lose it? This is the crux of the matter. Furthermore, it’s worthy to note that there are Sprifers, humans, who choose to illegally sell souls. From my awareness, some of the more…disturbing, instances of soullessness have resulted from them. Oh so much to think about.[/quote]
The Brass Embassy happily buys those souls, provided their provenance is well concealed. Also, the Embassy itself steals souls. Remember how during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose the Devils would throw parties at their Embassy, drug people into unconsciousness, and then extract their souls?[/quote]
I remember no such thing. I remember them using the chance to get a foot in a hundred different doors, convincing loads of people that they always wanted to hang out with devils- but no drugging people and stealing souls. Besides, the embassy’s policy on stolen souls is more generous than most policies on stolen goods- you need go to no effort to sell a handful of moon pearls you stole this very morning, or jewels stolen from the queen herself, but a soul needs actual plausible deniability. Besides, even if we could drive out the devils- we tried, we can’t, we lost more souls for our trouble- souls are still useful. I know I’m interested in making soul-lamps, if i can find a way to make them burn brighter. I remember souls devoured, souls absorbed, souls fed to monkeys.

Besides, souls are mere celestial parasites. Their removal is an undeniably good thing for everyone except the soul- which probably will live longer for its removal.

Do Devils even pretend they are not liars? Devils will tell you your soul is cheap or free, but behold their efforts to possess them and their petulance when they are denied the thing they so long for. The Bishop will root out these sleazy flim-flam artists from our midst! He’ll put a Hound-of-Heaven on every street corner! He’ll cut taxes! Free ale for the virtuous! Vote the Bishop, for God’s sake!

The Brass Embassy happily buys those souls, provided their provenance is well concealed. Also, the Embassy itself steals souls. Remember how during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose the Devils would throw parties at their Embassy, drug people into unconsciousness, and then extract their souls?[/quote]
I remember no such thing. I remember them using the chance to get a foot in a hundred different doors, convincing loads of people that they always wanted to hang out with devils- but no drugging people and stealing souls.[/quote]
Perhaps this will jog your memory. There’s another scene where you see many people being led into the back rooms.
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/18/2016