Election 1896 to Begin 18th June

[color=#cc0099]Citizens of the Neath, Mayor Feducci’s term is almost up! Election 1896 will begin 18th June!

Election is a free festival open to all players. Starting Monday 18th June, players will have two weeks to bolster support for a candidate of their choosing.

The 1896 Election will see some slight structural changes in accordance with Mr Huffam’s Second Revised Rules of Electioneering:

• The candidates running will be announced at the beginning of the festival on the 18th of June[/li][li]The first week of Election will focus on learning about the candidates and leveling up your political career through Reputation[/li][li]Reputation will be gained through the main Election opportunity card. Trade items, Favours, and take part in particular political activities to gain Reputation in your chosen career[/li][li]Certain Favours will correspond to different political careers (these will be announced when Election begins)[/li][li]During week two, you’ll be able to cast your vote (your progress for both weeks will count towards your vote), continue to advance your career to support your candidate, and even change your vote or career if someone else has won you over

We’ll also be polling people throughout Election and releasing the results via the main Election card. Much more information will be revealed once the festival begins. We look forward to seeing who you’ll choose, delicious friends.

If you’re interested to see how things fared in previous Elections, a Historical Account can be found on the Fallen London Wiki.[/color]

Awesome! Can’t wait to see who we’ll be able to back!

To make it explicit, the social actions from last year (Debating, Raising Mobs, Fixing Menances, Donations) will not be returning this year.

I very much like the fact that we will be able to choose our candidate after performing the skulduggery necessary to uncover all of their secrets. That’s pretty much the only mechanical issue I had with the election.

Not sure what I think about progress being mostly based on an opportunity card. I certainly hope it’s “literally every other card” frequency or greater. I’ll be interested to see what the various options are, and I hope some of the activities from years past stay around in some form.

Oh! I am excited to see that it arrives early this year. The elected is by far my favourite festival of the year, and the one thing thing where I am actively engaged with the community of the game.
I’m looking forward to meeting our candidates this year :)

Thanks for the heads-up. Time to avoid the forums for a month or so.

Thank God we’ll be rid of the bandaged blighter soon. The use of favours is concerning, though. If one candidate requires Hell or Docks favours, while another can use Society or Church favours, then I know who I’d bet on to win.

It sounds like the Favors correspond to Careers, not Candidates. So e.g. a Fixer would use Criminal favors, regardless of who they support.

I was not a POSI during last year’s election. To my dismay, the one candidate I did not want as mayor went ahead and won. Good riddance to him. Hopefully this year I can engage a little more with the event.

It has already started! :D
Most of the thread unrelated to the elections will vanish during this time, but I admit I am curious about the mechanics and candidates!

I agree, this is an excellent improvement!

Looking forward to seeing how things play out under the new rules! Should be pretty interesting.

Ah-So the Political Games begin again. Looking forward to seeing the new candidates (and what they have to offer) and hope to see some familiar faces too ;).

Putting in a late but spirited appeal for the 3 candidates to all be the Topsy King wearing different hats!

One of them can be Mr. Slowcake!

Nice to see they’re still experimenting with the rules to make it harder for one candidate to get an overwhelming lead. This will keep people from getting complacent and make things more exciting ^_^
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/6/2018

I certainly won’t miss the debates. I don’t know if I just have horrible luck at the rock/paper/scissors game, or if virtually everyone I was debating cheated.

I’ll miss the occasional debates, though I won’t miss the hundred or so invitations in my inbox :P

I like the idea of choosing a candidate after you have done the work but… I am dreading the card thing. Let us see if it will be as benign as Mr Sacks, or as bad as the Feast of the Rose.

My experience is the exact opposite, haha.