Election 1896: A Winner Announced!

Visibly desiring to demolish 1/7th of the city’s residential area also seems to be something of a vote loser.

Visibly desiring to demolish 1/7th of the city’s residential area also seems to be something of a vote loser.[/quote]

I hope the Princess will learn from this and become closer to them(not too much for their safety)

Contrarian eh? How boring. The streak dies this year then.

I’m glad that the only sane choice won, considering the number of people willing to pretend that storylets showing what Slowcake and the Captivating Princess are were merely propaganda.

Incidentally, immediately after Blythenhale was blown up, I was able to go duel before the Feducci in his “thoroughly, possibly illegally” redesigned Blythenhale.

Gives a whole new meaning to “redesign”.

Two weeks ago, when I first read all the comments in favour of the Contrarian, I figured I’d vote for anyone but him, just to be contrarian. But his idea of ‘dismantling the tools’ by attaching them to the Mayor’s Office turned me around (after I’d read the echoes of others). And I didn’t even think he’d win, what with both the Princess and Mr Slowcake being more ‘Fallen London’ than the Contrarian. But here we are, with me on the winning side for a third time, and my pet election theory not holding up.

[quote=Anne Auclair]btw, the last poll has also been posted.

Seriously?[/quote]

Well, they were all my second choice this time, so that makes perfect sense to me.

It was a brilliant success for me, and that’s really what counts. Heaps of delicious favours at the risk of a menace which I usually have trouble building up in a profitable way, getting me stuck in the Counting the Days cycle.

So to speak …

;-P

Ah much as I voted for the Princess, it is probably for the best. Can you imagine what the mayoral story would have been if you already had The Marriage of Fedduchi and had either married or divorced them?

Wait, Feducci blew up WHAT now?
SOMEbody’s a sore loser. Well, not loser so much as… no-longer-winner?
Honestly, he could at least have helped inaugurate the Contrarian… Speaking of which, I wonder if the various interactions with the Contrarian will be different now. Will he still attend parties on a regular basis? And go for the Whiskered Admiral’s throat? Seems an unwise thing to do as Mayor, but it can’t be worse than blowing up your own manor.

I was despairing of this election from the beginning. I thought for sure London wouldn’t be able to resist electing the Captivating Princess. But, as a supporter of the Contrarian in the prior election, and a supporter of him in this one too, I am glad to see such a promising result.

One can only hope he proves more effective than his previous office-holders. There is much more at stake this year.

So to speak …

;-P[/quote]

I’m quite convinced watching the puppet dance would have been fairly amusing, and peeking into some Hellish intrigue would have been neat. We pretty much know what we’re getting with the Jovial Contrarian here, so while I’m sure the story will still be good I’m not quite as invested in it as I was for the other two. Hopefully we’ll see Mr Pages get involved? That’d be fun.

While I would have very much liked to see Mr Slowcake become mayor, we all know he’s the real winner here anyway.

An excellent result! I shall support him to the end in tearing the Ministry down brick by brick!

The Jovial Contrarian won. What a delightful scene his inauguration was. There was even some fireworks at the end courtesy of the previous mayor. It certainly is fun being on the winning side. Especially when you take into consideration who lost in his place. May London survive til next year.

Though I am curious. Does this mean the candidates’ cards no longer show up?

The Work continues.

It’s a pity the Captivating Princess didn’t win, but after hearing her reaction I think it might be ‘better’ for the Contrarian to run as Mayor than imagining what she had in store for London.

That b____y Amanuensis popped for the 4th time in less than 24 hours and I didn’t even flip cards like crazy.
You should come when people need you, not when you need the people! Hell with these Devils!

Yesterday I managed to get the cards of all candidates, the Amanuensis, and Feducci at the same time. It looked so nice that I decided to stop drawing card for a day. I can now confirm that the cards of all the candidates are gone.

But I am not sure that all that should be changed is changed. The election 1896 storylet with all its branches is left unchanged, which means that I can still perform Flash Lays for Reputation, and still use Reputation to switch or advance my career, or switch the candidate that I support. (I hope FBG saved the results at one moment otherwise this is going to mess with their numbers.)

I also find it a bit peculiar that the Feducci card is still around: I can be invited to Blythenhales possibly illegal gambling hall after it has exploded.

Yesterday I managed to get the cards of all candidates, the Amanuensis, and Feducci at the same time. It looked so nice that I decided to stop drawing card for a day. I can now confirm that the cards of all the candidates are gone.

But I am not sure that all that should be changed is changed. The election 1896 storylet with all its branches is left unchanged, which means that I can still perform Flash Lays for Reputation, and still use Reputation to switch or advance my career, or switch the candidate that I support. (I hope FBG saved the results at one moment otherwise this is going to mess with their numbers.)

I also find it a bit peculiar that the Feducci card is still around: I can be invited to Blythenhales possibly illegal gambling hall after it has exploded.[/quote]

I just checked, and the &quotElection 1896&quot storylet with all its branches is now gone. The &quotElectoral Opportunism&quot storylet and branches are still there, probably to allow people to turn in whatever Reputation they still have.

It is so nice to finally support a winner for once.

I hope I chose correctly though, let’s see what the Contrarian has in store.