Election 1895: Feducci

[color=#cc0099]Sinning Jenny’s time is up, a new Mayor will be chosen! This week, we announce the three candidates who think they can do a better job. Who will you support?

Below is news on our first candidate. Others will follow in the coming days on their own threads.

The master of the Black Ribbon dueling society was first to declare himself. His zeal for the fight blazes behind his bandages. He bears the slogan: &quotFair Play, Fair Game&quot

Promises of a chain that can be climbed has sparked hope in London’s poor. Jet and crimson banners herald Feducci’s arrival. “Away with the restrictions—,” He waves his cane for emphasis, “And in with the bold, the daring, and the brazen!”

The week will end with an announcement regarding the full details of the festival, which will begin Monday the 26th of June and run for two weeks. (And please keep any Election discussions to Election specific threads - thanks!)[/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 6/21/2017

You know, if Feducci wasn’t who we know he is, this would easily be my candidate. Alas, I am very doubtful of such inflamatory ideas after last year’s experience with Contrarian. London is not a good place for such an idealistic platform.

Where does everybody go to pick up on all this secret lore? I don’t know he is anything at all, other than some bloke I duelled with ages ago. If this chap wants my vote I’d like to know what his dirty secret is, first. If you can’t tell me in an open thread, I’d appreciate a few pointers to help me go and find out for myself.

Sinning Jenny will be missed but never forgotten. If Feducci came with a Tomb Colonist companion he would be my candidate. Unless other candidates had Devils or Claymen companions.

We already had Tomb Colonist companion last year, though. I hope for the Devil one, personally. That would be dope.

I think that the general consensus is that Feducci is a spy from the Presbyterate.

I can’t find a direct quote to that at the moment. But he’s definitely a spy, definitely from the Presbyterate, and definitely familiar with the inner court of the Presbyter, and the Presbyter themselves.

He also has a few covert deals with the devils.

I remember that, but I couldn’t resist the nun companion and I missed him. Maybe there can be a female one this year. Or if not a tomb colonist maybe a Boisterous Deviless.

I wonder which factions will throw their lot in with Feducci. The Tomb-Colonists, the Docks and the Great Game seem obvious - too obvious?

I’m voting for whoever’s card will give me docks favors. So probably this bandaged gentleperson.

[quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]
Promises of a chain that can be climbed has sparked hope in London’s poor. [/color][/quote]

Now, isn’t that interesting…

Thanks, Dov.

It’s easy to miss stuff like this, especially as my encounters with him were ages ago, when I was relatively new and hadn’t even heard of the Presbyterate. So stuff like that flew over my head and went unremembered.

Ah, thank you for that quote. It’s been many years since I’ve played that part of Ambition: Nemesis. I distinctly remembered that Feducci is the Presbyter’s agent, but couldn’t confirm which content mentioned it explicitly.

Poor ones. for sure. Maybe Revolutionaries, as well?

Ah, thank you for that quote. It’s been many years since I’ve played that part of Ambition: Nemesis. I distinctly remembered that Feducci is the Presbyter’s agent, but couldn’t confirm which content mentioned it explicitly.[/quote]

Likewise. I had forgotten that quote myself.
Note, though, that it’s far from clear that 33856 ended up in the Sanatorium because of Feducci. All we know for certain is that she worked under Feducci as a spy for the Presbyterate.

That art is gorgeous. The two others need to be very convincing to stop me from just falling in love here and now and jumping on Feducci’s boat, whatever his actual policies.

And don’t we all think our schools need to include fencing in the curriculum? How woefully unprepared they will otherwise be for the dangers of the world! Let’s make this the year dueling becomes legal both in Canada and the Neath!

(I retain the right to change my mind when I see the other two, but boy oh boy would that man make for a striking figure on an opportunity card)

Well hello there, Feducci. Looks like the Once-Dashing Smuggler might have a little competition, as far as sexy tomb-colonists go :D

Such a shame that Fleshy hates you… :P

That link doesn’t work for me so it’s probs one of the things I’m mentioning buuuut:
Hallowmass had a confession about his past in the Presbyterate, something of an old sin but not presently damning. There’s a scene iirc where you see him on a Trimere of Hell or something like that (can’t remember from what, either was a seasonal conclusion to ES’s or similarly fatelocked I think) and you learned he’s not a corpse under those bandages (and maybe a little more?), his ability to Not Stay Dead is a blatant nod towards his life around the Mountain of Light and it’s giving of vitality, and lastly there was some quote directly calling him &quotthe Presbyter’s dog&quot

EDIT: got the quote to work, I definitely haven’t seen it before so that was some cool stuff
edited by Cthonius on 6/20/2017

We know he’s a spy for the presbyter, and possibly working to undermine London in general. But until we know more about the Presbyter in general, I can’t be sure that wouldn’t be a good thing. shot

Honestly, I am personally torn. I would /love/ a story revolving around Feducci. But as a foreign agent, my heart and my characters (those loyal to London, at least) cannot approve him as mayor. =/ This is after my disappointment at being unable to approve the Contrarian last year, as nobody really knows where he stands, and too many would think he’s playing devil’s advocate (not literally!) These two are huge favorites of mine. …Can I cheer for Feducci while campaigning against him?

I’m probably not going to vote for him (depends on who the other two are), but he’ll definitely make for an interesting candidate this election.

If nothing else, it’s nice to see Feducci getting a unique portrait like Jenny and the Contrarian.