Election 1895: Feducci

I’m too scared of Feducci to vote for him. And ‘fair play’ is right out - I don’t want to become his ‘fair game’.

But would he promise us favours with Tomb Colonists? I like those. Maybe I could be too scared to not vote for him?

I’ve rather liked Feducci, ever since my failed attempt to kill him in a Black Ribbon duel. However, the fact that he’s a likeable guy doesn’t mean that he should be entrusted with the welfare of London. Both of my characters think that they need to know what other candidates are available before they make any commitments.

Well, it’s not as if the mayor actually does anything is it? Does it really matter who wins? I’m all for Sinning Jenny, but during her term in office what has she actually done? Sweet Fanny Adams is what. It’s clearly just a ceremonial position, like the real-life Lord Mayor.

Let’s not kid ourselves. We all know who is really in charge of London.

I will be very surprised if Feducci actually ends up winning these. He will be very interesting candidate, nonetheless

Called it! I so called it! ^^

[quote=Plynkes]Well, it’s not as if the mayor actually does anything is it? Does it really matter who wins? I’m all for Sinning Jenny, but during her term in office what has she actually done? Sweet Fanny Adams is what. It’s clearly just a ceremonial position, like the real-life Lord Mayor.

Let’s not kid ourselves. We all know who is really in charge of London.[/quote]
And the Mayor is reasonably influential. Sinning Jenny provided beds and soup for the downtrodden, created jobs for her Bohemian friends through the Ministry of Public Works, and founded that odd little Finishing School which ended up having such influence upon the fate of Europe (among other things). She’s also clearly facilitated some of the schemes of Mr Stones and Mr Wines, though we don’t know the exact content of said schemes as its been very hush hush, lots of diamonds handed out as bribes. And she had a long running war with Mr Huffman’s Unexpurgated London Gazette, with Mr Huffman generally taking whatever opportunity he could to be really snarky with her.

So it’s more than a ceremonial position, though there’s lots of ceremony too.

I don’t intend to vote for Feducci. I don’t trust him, and I think he has too much power that giving him access to the mayorship would be dangerous.

However, I think I shall enjoy his running for office. His campaign slogan is a bit… odd, but I think we’ll be getting a platform speech that will provide a bit more justification. And I absolutely salivate at the thought of investigating him. The guy has some secrets. Quality, vintage secrets.

I was not there for the last election, but whoever gives me the watchful boots will be voted.

And also whoever gives me something but Docks favours. Seriously, i appreciate the easy way of getting what i need to go to expeditions, but i’d rather get the renown of someone else.

In fact, one wonders if there will be a candidate for the urchins…

Edit: however Feducci has a pretty snazzy portait. I might be tempted to vote for him only for that…

edited by Giygas on 6/20/2017

[quote=Giygas]I was not there for the last election, but whoever gives me the watchful boots will be voted.

And also whoever gives me something but Docks favours. Seriously, i appreciate the easy way of getting what i need to go to expeditions, but i’d rather get the renown of someone else.

In fact, one wonders if there will be a candidate for the urchins…

Edit: however Feducci has a pretty snazzy portait. I might be tempted to vote for him only for that…

edited by Giygas on 6/20/2017[/quote]

I think the boots are from an election profession, not a candidate.

I do like his ideas. I definitely cannot trust the person. Still, looking forward to seeing what we learn about him over the election. If there’s any new lore on the Brass Triremes and the Elder Continent, I will be a happy citizen.

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]I wonder which factions will throw their lot in with Feducci. The Tomb-Colonists, the Docks and the Great Game seem obvious - too obvious?[/quote]Perhaps he could have the support of Hell. We know he already has ties with the devils that run far deeper than we can see, and his campaign is for &quotthe bold, the daring, and the brazen.&quot

[quote=suinicide][quote=Giygas]I was not there for the last election, but whoever gives me the watchful boots will be voted.
[snip][/quote]I think the boots are from an election profession, not a candidate.[/quote]Yes, they come from being a Campaigner.

If we pick a different profession this time, do you think we’ll still get to keep the item from the previous one? I got one without even knowing, I was completely new to Fallen London at the time. Didn’t really take any active part in the election (I was very, very confused, as I had only been playing a couple of days), but I did get a really, really, really cool pen.

Those boots sound great, but I don’t want to lose my really, really, really cool pen.

Seems like a great candidate! He’s extraordinarily charismatic, has lots of experience with the behind-the-scenes parts of politics, and is immune to assassination. Plus, he’ll bring the sophistication and civilization of a glorious immortal empire to our little backwater. While the Presbyterate isn’t a utopia by any means, from what we’ve seen of it in FL and SS it seems far superior to London in terms of governance and ethos, not to mention culture and technology. If Antonio is interested in replicating the Presbyterate’s success here in London, Gul’s behind him all the way. (We haven’t seen much of his platform yet, but the blurbs seem to suggest an emphasis on social mobility and individual strength and aspiration, which Gul will probably find attractive).[li]

And I’m sure he won’t put their needs and desires ahead of the Londoners at all! :P

Those item were bought with Fate (you could pick one for free, and pay Fate for everything else your qualities allowed). It’s not as if you get this item specifically by choosing the profession.

I’ll have to see more of his platform, but emphasizing overcoming adversity with personal strength strikes me as a bit unfortunate coming from someone with the privilege of immortality. We only got like 3 sentences so that may be misrepresenting him, though.

Has Feducci always walked with a cane? Or is it some sort of arbitrary requirement that at least one mayoral candidate must be physically handicapped in some way.

Perhaps the cane is for persuasive purposes?

[quote=Kaijyuu]I’ll have to see more of his platform, but emphasizing overcoming adversity with personal strength strikes me as a bit unfortunate coming from someone with the privilege of immortality. We only got like 3 sentences so that may be misrepresenting him, though.[/quote]Right? As I was just saying to a friend over dinner: I’m not sure I trust a slogan like &quotFair Play, Fair Game&quot coming from a man who participates in duels to the death while being virtually immortal.

It’s probably a sword cane. What duelist would be without?

Well, you probably shouldn’t trust him regardless :P The fact that he’s a foreign spy pretty much undermines anything he might say during his campaign :P

Not that he won’t still be a fun candidate, but you should probably take it as a given that he’s not being genuine.

Doesn’t Feducci pretend to have a limp as part of his Tomb Colonist persona?