Election 1895: A Winner Announced!

[color=#cc0099]A Winner is Announced!

Feducci claims victory with nearly half the vote! He steps forward, offering the crowd a regal wave. Thundering roars of approval hail his victory. &quotVictory, then?&quot He nods down to the roaring crowd, &quotIt was never in question, only the margin. London is in for a most exciting year.&quot

There will be a brief period of transition as Sinning Jenny gracefully departs her office, but very soon London will experience life under its new Mayor.

Once fully situated, a mayoral Feducci card will become available in your opportunity deck. As the official mayor of Fallen London, you may hear news of his work crop up from time to time during his year in power.

Look for the 1895: The Victor is Announced! throughout London and speak to your candidate to wrap up any loose ends. You will have till 17th July to use up any leftover election resources, and the limited edition Election 1895 campaign posters will remain available on Gametee until 31st of July!

Statistics on the Election will be released within the next few weeks. Of course, you will have the opportunity to influence who runs for Mayor of Fallen London next year - keep an eye out for the official Proposed Candidates for 1896 forum thread.

We’ll also be looking into the feedback about the social actions within this year’s Election to inform next year’s festival. Thank you for helping us experiment and try new things within Fallen London![/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 7/10/2017
edited by Absintheuse on 7/10/2017
edited by Absintheuse on 7/26/2017

Huzzah!

The good news is, I’ve already started off the year winning my bets.

YEA!!! FEDUCHINI!!!

It ain’t the Stereoscopists, but it is no less wonderful!

I knew it! Fair play, fair game, fair win! ;)

loud appreciative whistle

And that’s a wrap! Let’s hope the card is good.

A black-suited figure is seen comforting a distraught Rubbery near the front of the crowd.

“It’s alright, Squidley. There’s always next year.”

Blech

Well, we have made our beds and that bed is Feducci. Let’s hope his bandages make him comfortable to lie on.

A fair plurality, it seems, though I can’t wait to see the statistics. Regardless, this’ll be a fun year.

shall the volunteers to test that out form a queue? [color=rgb(84, 84, 84)]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/color]

Entirely unrelated to the election, but that splash art gives me the creeps. Something about his eyes is entirely alien.

The Detective is taking all this in her stride.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 7/10/2017

I’m sure any of the candidates would have made fine mayors but I am happy that Feducci won.

Well I will certainly miss seeing Jenny in my deck.

Incidentally as a level 20 DTC canpaigner I got 35 sworn statements, 1 favour in high places and 180 journal of infamy. Note to self: stick to flash lays and investigations next year.

I think the debates were a good idea but were mechanically clunky. Allowing participants to do all their prep at once (rather than back & forth) and to run multiple debates at once would make it much more fun. I deliberately avoided the being mobbed thing as I’m not a fan of being messed with, but each to their own.

I do think the candidate selection was pretty unbalanced this year. Last year’s candidates were all peripheral but familiar faces with a similar level of player interraction. Feducci is a compulsory part of the dangerous storyline, the detective is sort of Jenny level familiarity, and I’ve played for donkey’s years and never heard of the DTC.

Anyway thanks for the event! Hopefully our new Mayor won’t sell us to the devils.

rightfuly so. he has the eyes of a barn owl. edit: makes me wonder if he could spin his head around like one if you walked up to him from behind.

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]aw, god I love her.[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
edited by gronostaj on 7/10/2017

I for one welcome our new Presbyterate Overlords.

(Congrats Feducci Gang! :-) )

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 7/10/2017

Well, there we go! Looking forward to the results breakdown and future mayor content.

Sorry to everyone whose social actions I declined/didn’t answer - there was a lot going on and my contacts list is pretty swollen - I got around to as many as possible.

Thanks FBG for another fun election! The social action element was interesting, and as a trial run makes me hopeful for the future of cooperative/adversarial social content.
edited by Barse on 7/10/2017

The Campaigner’s taking it pretty well, too. She’s determined to keep fighting in her own way.

God bless the woman. If you ask me, she’s the real warrior here.