Election 1894: A winner announced!

[color=#cc0099]A Winner is Announced![/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]

[color=#cc0099]Against all odds, and despite the widespread disapproval of Society, Sinning Jenny has triumphed. Sinning Jenny storms to victory 20 points ahead of her nearest rival. When asked for comment, the new mayor merely laughs: &quotI think we’ve all had enough of comment, Mr Huffam. To the people, I say only this. I am here because of you.&quot

There will be a brief period of transition while the new mayor is installed into her office and administrative functions divided from the Ministry, but very soon London will have its first mayor and its first elected female figurehead.

Once fully situated, a mayoral Sinning Jenny card will become available in your opportunity deck. As the official mayor of Fallen London, you may hear news of her work crop up from time to time during her career.

Look for The Victor is Announced! throughout London and speak to your candidate to wrap up any loose ends. You will have till 25th July to use up any leftover election resources, and [/color][color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]the limited edition Election 1894 [/color]campaign posters[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)] will remain available until 22nd July.
[/color][color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]
You will have the opportunity to influence who runs for Mayor of Fallen London next year - look out for news of this here, and on [/color]Facebook[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)], [/color]Twitter [color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]and [/color]Tumblr[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)].[/color]

20 points?! That was one close election!

20 points, or 20 percentage points?

Good point, actually.

I wondered the same, but “storms to victory,” sounds much more like 20 percentage than 20 votepoints™

YES!

Almost 10 years of voting and the first time my candidate has actually won. Magnificent.

A round of first sporing for everyone! And a kiss to all my fellow petals. Well done.

Hooray! Mr. Veils will be so annoyed! Flesh-Stick will be thrilled, even if he no longer remembers why he hates Mr. Veils :P

Still…the poor Bishop. His text is heartbreaking. I want to give him a hug so bad.

Three cheers for Jenny! Fallen London is in capable hands.

… so if Sinning Jenny won by a meer 20 points, how close were the Bishop and the Contrarian behind?

Well, no surprise here. Congratulations to the supporters of Sinning Jenny for their resounding victory, and let us hope we have all won today. To the Bishop’s supporters, take heart - the day will come, the day will come. And to my fellow Contrarians - we may have lost, but we have made our voice heard. No small thing, that. Make no mistake: this is not the end. We have not failed, not truly. We shall overcome. We -
[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)]In the morning your leaflets are crusted with blood. Your posters clogged with skin. There is a taste beneath your tongue. This is how voters, you think, and then the thought is lost in a rush of rats.[/color]

I’d guess it was about 50% Jenny 30% Contrarian 20% Bishop. Anyway nothing changes in London. No revolutions, no invasion of Hell, hurrah for the status quo I guess.

We are defeated, as expected. Hold out hope, all you downcast and defeated, a brighter tomorrow lingers.
The light needn’t not, nor need it ever, go out.

Maybe now that Jenny has been elected, we’ll get some clues as to what her platform was this whole time.
edited by Beau Mercy on 7/18/2016

What platform? It was a popularity contest and she knew it :P

Sincere congratulations to Mayor Jenny, and her sisters at Abbey Rock–although my support was firmly behind the Contrarian, at least I can take comfort in the fact that she has no more love for the Masters than my former candidate. I dearly, dearly hope not, at least.

My loyalty was given to the winner, weeks ago, since my fellows Urchins were on her side. To our advantage! On with the Morelways!

Tis a great day for the politics of Fallen London when we may elect our own figurehead to represent its citizens instead of aligning with a pre-established or more shadowier power. At the very least, when one proclaims support for the new mayor, one can do so without being dragged off by the special constables or being assaulted by enemy factions in the back ally. One can hope at least.

In particular I would like to congratulate all the forum participants who’s debates and words have made being a part of this particular event feel like an actual electoral campaign, albeit one that we may have had more effect on that one in an un-fallen London. Nevertheless, perhaps the Contrarian was onto something when advocating for all the joy of arguing, but we can leave that for another time. Indeed, let’s save all that for next year’s election!

Today is a day of celebration! Congratulations to all who participated. I look forward to the instatement of a nun based security force.

I reach out to the Clematis League and fellow supporters of the Contrarian to say, this wasn’t the last opportunity we’ll get to set a mayor to throne. Next year we’ll have new electorates, next year the competition will be fiercer, I’ll bet.

Does anyone have the ‘celebratory’ text for the Bishop? The Contrarian has confided in me as one of his backers, and I’ve overheard Jenny’s text echoed someplace, but not the Bishop.

Regardless, a good election and an uncertain, although hopefully beneficial future. Hopefully with Jenny in power the Sisterhood and those that work alongside them can advance their monster-hunting plans, and the Bishop will redouble work on fortifying and opening the Fifth Coil. As for the Contrarian…

Well, as he notes: the light has not gone out yet. It may still be snuffed in time.