Echoing Weirdness?

So my friend and I have been having issues echoing to our journals, with it frequently throwing up errors and all. I found out going back over my successful echoes of this month’s Exceptional Story, that it keeps recording about my protege rather than my aunt. And now I find out that all my echoes for the past hour or so frankly never made it to the journal. It’s a little worrying for someone like me who echoes most everything.

Anyone else having issues??

[quote=acorncap]So my friend and I have been having issues echoing to our journals, with it frequently throwing up errors and all. I found out going back over my successful echoes of this month’s Exceptional Story, that it keeps recording about my protege rather than my aunt. And now I find out that all my echoes for the past hour or so frankly never made it to the journal. It’s a little worrying for someone like me who echoes most everything.

Anyone else having issues??[/quote]

A number of people in The Exceptional Story Thread are experiencing the same issue. I’m sure it’ll be fixed promptly.

Am I right in thinking the journals are limited and only go back about 4 weeks? I was looking for something recently and found the last page rather than the item in question…

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi]Am I right in thinking the journals are limited and only go back about 4 weeks? [/quote]Nope; I have echoes going back years.

Nah, my journal goes back three years (Though I’ve only been actively playing for a little over one)
Maybe there’s some spring cleaning afoot?

[quote=Wiwo][quote=acorncap]So my friend and I have been having issues echoing to our journals, with it frequently throwing up errors and all. I found out going back over my successful echoes of this month’s Exceptional Story, that it keeps recording about my protege rather than my aunt. And now I find out that all my echoes for the past hour or so frankly never made it to the journal. It’s a little worrying for someone like me who echoes most everything.

Anyone else having issues??[/quote]

A number of people in The Exceptional Story Thread are experiencing the same issue. I’m sure it’ll be fixed promptly.[/quote]

Ah good. I mean, not ‘good’ good but at least the fault isn’t in my connection. I was gonna poke around in there but I didn’t want to get indirectly spoiled.

edited by acorncap on 3/31/2016
edited by acorncap on 3/31/2016

Ayup, got this bug as well.
Hope it gets fixed, as I am reluctant to finish the story until then.

I’ve only just begun the story (currently deciding whether to be merciful or stern), and I haven’t experienced issues yet. Though given the circumstances I think I’ll hold off on continuing this story until we know for certain these issues are fixed. :-)

You are not alone. I am currently encountering this issue while trying to Echo the Exceptional Story.

Nah, my journal goes back three years (Though I’ve only been actively playing for a little over one)
Maybe there’s some spring cleaning afoot?[/quote]
I would be very upset if that were the case. What would be the point of having a journal then?

I checked again last night, and was not able to recreate what I’d seen in the morning (no button to go further back before re-entering New Newgate), so all is well. Thank you everyone for disabusing me of my error.

Still having this issue, unfortunately. Is it fixed for any of you folks?

Not yet, though some of my lost echoes re-appeared. If it’s not fixed soon I might just cut my losses and copypaste them into a google doc. :V

What’s the status of the problem? Does anyone know if its fixed yet or if failbetter plans on fixing it before the month ends?

As far as I’m aware they haven’t commented on it, so I’m not sure whether it has showed up on their radar yet.

As far as I’m aware they haven’t commented on it, so I’m not sure whether it has showed up on their radar yet.[/quote]
Has anyone whose experienced the error sent an error report?

[quote=Anne Auclair]
Has anyone whose experienced the error sent an error report?[/quote]

Personally, no. Not until now, at least. Have to admit, the good old ‘someone else will probably do it and I am far too busy to be bothered’ attitude might have gotten the best of me. Sending a message to fallenlondonbugs@failbettergames.com and support@failbettergames.com ASAP.

Oh good. I can’t really send them a message because I haven’t played the story yet and only know about the error second hand.

Got a response from Chris. He says they’ve identified the issue, and that they hope to fix it in the future. In the meantime, they will try to avoid triggering it in content.

Soeh, no idea whether it will still occur if you do the story now, or if there will be a retroactive fix to entries affected by the bug. But, we know they’re aware of it.
edited by Munk on 4/6/2016

Now it’s a waiting game.

Also, thank you. I appreciate you doing that.
edited by Anne Auclair on 4/6/2016

Any word if the story is safe now to play for those of us who want to journal without the risk of our entries being lost? If not, is there any indication when it will be fixed?