De-Papering the Mind: Watchful Healing for Seekers

Please flood me with chess! I can’t believe I did that :|

Do I want to build my watchful back up to begin seeking again at a reasonable rate?

I chess so!

My alt Ezira would be happy to play an infinite amount of chess.

My alt, Rudolph of Taured, would be interested in playing some games.

Add me to the list of fools.

Edit: My mind is no longer blackened.
edited by Cimanyd on 8/2/2016

I’d be happy to accept chess games sent my way.

I’ll gladly accept (and send) invitations for chess.

Abdul is always one that would love a game of chess.
edited by Zdzisław Beksiński on 6/30/2016

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Askebaske

Chess me up. Chess me up as much as you can!

I’m down. I didn’t even burn my mind I just want more watchful to help with seeking, mwahaha.
edited by sagalink on 6/24/2016

I would like to very rapidly play 1372 games of chess, and I would like to do them tonight if possible. Anyone want to help? I want to get back to the seeking road as fast as possible, and need 100 levels of watchful. Send me the chess, not the other way around. I have roughly 2000 contacts, it would take a really long time.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/25/2016

[quote=NiteBrite]I would like to very rapidly play 1372 games of chess, and I would like to do them tonight if possible. Anyone want to help? I want to get back to the seeking road as fast as possible, and need 100 levels of watchful. Send me the chess, not the other way around. I have roughly 2000 contacts, it would take a really long time.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/25/2016[/quote]

Nuts. My main is in a Heist but my alt also wants chess. I’ll send you what games I can.

Thanks. 280 games of chess down, 1092 to go. I don’t think its going to be tonight though, as most people seem to be asleep at the moment. So I’m going to crash too. Hopefully I’ll wake up to a bunch of chess in my inbox though haha. Ty all.

yawns wakes looks in

Oh, just sent you a bunch. Had no idea you were back around, I’d thought you nearly down a well by now. looks a bit awkward

Good luck back on Seeking after you get back the mind you lost.

[quote=absimiliard]yawns wakes looks in

Oh, just sent you a bunch. Had no idea you were back around, I’d thought you nearly down a well by now. looks a bit awkward

Good luck back on Seeking after you get back the mind you lost.[/quote]
Nah, I’ve got a few items of unfinished business to attend to before I go north. Like getting a second heptagoat, grinding out 7 of all lodgings and throwing them down the well, and making as many 7s in my inventory as possible before disposing of it all. But it won’t take too long.

In any case, I need watchful 200 to complete SMEN eventually, and I have done many games of chess since last night. I need about 420 more (half that if I can reliably lose the chess) to hit cap. and then Im going expeditioning for cash echos. Also to make a 7th masters blood, because why not right? I’ve got 6 so whats one more hahaha

Apologies for the double post, but I have enough chess now. I got to 190 watchful from 100 yesterday. That’s fantastic. I can take it the rest of the way to 200 with my alt now. Thank you all for the help. Kisses, NiteBrite.

Sorry, NiteBrite, saw it now.
You can cancel those last batch.

Oops. I just sent a batch. Feel free to cancel them (though my alt can still use chess games).

My alt, Catherine Raymond, is looking for chess partners also.

EDIT (9/15/2016) My alt’s Watchful is back to 200, and the means I plan to use in future to advance my SMEN quality should not damage my Watchful, at least. So I don’t need chess any longer. I’m willing to continue to send chess invites to people who need it, and I’ll do any chess invites sent, though I’d prefer not to be spammed with them any more. Thanks to everybody who helped me with chess!
edited by cathyr19355 on 9/16/2016

[quote=Catherine Raymond]
Oops. I just sent a batch. Feel free to cancel them (though my alt can still use chess games).[/quote]

As someone who has offered to do chess, and is currently using quite a few Sudden Insights in the Forgotten Quarter, my problem is that I can’t tell when it would be helpful to offer a bunch of consecutive chess games to a particular Seeker, and when it would be an annoyance – and they can’t read my mind either. Someone arranged to send me an 8-game batch once a week.

I think I will add a message to any Seeker chess invitations, saying that they can send me a batch at their convenience - and if they don’t currently need Chess, they can signal this by declining the invitation, which will only waste one turn from me, and act as a visible signal. And also that they can use the same system to contact me when they need chess themselves (ie, I’ll politely decline if I’m really in the thick of something else, but will otherwise send a batch back at 'em).

On acceptance, 8-game batches seem a sensible size, so I guess I’ll stick with that.