De Gustibus?

I can only speak to the past version of this event, but historically for the last two years in a row it showed up as an access code from the FBG twitter/facebook on the last couple days of January. It also only lasted like two days before vanishing for the rest of the year.

[quote=NiteBrite]I can only speak to the past version of this event, but historically for the last two years in a row it showed up as an access code from the FBG twitter/facebook on the last couple days of January.[/quote]I thought that was only last year. I thought the year before it was in late spring along with the rest of the weekly promo codes they were doing for a while.
Or am I getting my years mixed up?

Hannah and Chris, if De Gustibus won’t be showing up at the time we expected, will it at least appear sometime in the relatively near future? I and many others have been planning on exchanging certain Vials for Books.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet][quote=NiteBrite]I can only speak to the past version of this event, but historically for the last two years in a row it showed up as an access code from the FBG twitter/facebook on the last couple days of January.[/quote]I thought that was only last year. I thought the year before it was in late spring along with the rest of the weekly promo codes they were doing for a while.
Or am I getting my years mixed up?[/quote]That’s how I remember it also.

EDIT: Ah, found one reference to the original (February 24th, 2014):
https://twitter.com/EchoBazaar/status/437963103289241600

edited by dov on 1/29/2016

Ah I see where the confusion lies: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Snickerer?fromEchoId=3211617

As you can see from the link above, yes De Gustibus did show up on the 24th of February 2014. But that’s the text for selling a pail. This means that pails were still around in February of 2014. Pails melted for the first time ever in February 2015.

So I was right that De Gustibus purchased pails two years in a row, but I was wrong in thinking that the dates were consistent. Considering the 2015 De Gustibus date move coincided with the mechanics change to make pails melt, it wasn’t too much of a logical leap to assume that the De Gustibus date was moved -because- pails were going to melt. Ah well.

I don’t remember having to use an access code last year to take part in the event.

I missed participating last year, although I was playing every day. But I was off of both the forums and social media, so I would have missed any access code announcements.

I might also miss it this year because I won’t be able to check Fallen London and the forum too often in the coming weeks.

So… Maybe everybody who wants to see De Gustibus this year but might miss it could leave their e-mail adress here, so that a kind soul informs everybody when De Gustibus is live ? Does that seem good ?

TtH just melted my buckets. Don’t bother saving for De Gustibus.

Well I was more interested in trading a certain vial for a certain book.

Appreciate the tip, as Time is due for me this evening. Just fed my last three buckets to a Boar. What’s the cap on that option incidentally? I went from PtPT 10 to 13 with no problems.

The highest you can reach via that option is 16.

So… just wondering. It’s almost Sacksmas. Is De Gustibus going to show up at all this year? I was really hoping to meet them…

I second this.

If anything, I’d expect De Gustibus would appear after Sacksmas finished, to let people sell spare pails of snow.

whips open his trenchcoat in a shady alley Pssst! I have this here vial of M_____'s B___d (Mister’s Build, obviously) that I can’t wait to trade for a certain shade of book…

But that’s exactly what people expected. For De Gustibus to appear after Sacksmas finished, to let people sell spare pails of snow.

To quote Shatner: &quotIt hasn’t happened yet.&quot

I don’t particularly care when it appears, I would just like for it to appear. I joined FL in the fall of 2015 and I haven’t experienced it yet and I would really like to ^_^

But that’s exactly what people expected. For De Gustibus to appear after Sacksmas finished, to let people sell spare pails of snow.

To quote Shatner: &quotIt hasn’t happened yet.&quot[/quote]
My point isn’t that it will appear then; rather that it would be the most logical time if it were to return. Both previous times of De Gustibus were after Sacksmas and let players sell spare snow, though the first came in March as snow melting wasn’t implemented that year.

Indeed it is logical, and thus why we expected it last year. But FBG have been rather explicit in saying this event, if it ever does return (it may not), holds to no rules, may change completely, and is released on a as they feel like it surprise schedule. I’d suggest considering this event to be retired content until further notice. It was part of the A Particular Day in the Neath series of content on the past, but none of that occurred this year at all. So it’s a sort of I wouldn’t hold your breath, and if it does come it probably won’t be what you expect type situation.