De Gustibus?

I wish to make a certain trade with The Apicius Club’s Prucurer General. I have something they may hold interest in and I expect a decent price. Problem is I have no idea when or where to meet.

[color=#0066ff]I would advise that this opportunity doesn’t appear on a regular schedule![/color]

Hi, Hannah. I am not sure if this is intentional but of the reasons for the timing confusion is because the storylet text suggest the &quotsecond monday of the month&quot. I realise that this doesn’t have to match the real world calendar but perhaps some slight massaging of the text might clear any possible confusion?

I’m excited to start selling off my 30 tiny cave fish from Hallowmas.

De Gustibus traditionally happens before lacre buckets melt, which is a useful sideline for the Apicius members.

[color=#ff9900]To reiterate what Hannah said: we don’t treat De Gustibus as a regular event. Please don’t count on it appearing during a particular month! [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]We treat it as a flexible bit of content we can release as a surprise at some point in the year.[/color]

Point taken.

I think much of the expectation comes from De Gustibus buying (at least last year) Pails of So-Called Snow just before they melted. This is an option which is only relevant during a very particular timing window.

Well in that case, may I suggest it appearing for a bit on, well, the Second Monday of the month like the text exclaims, maybe a bit before or after? it would clarify the text, give people something to look forwards to once a month, and probably is not too hard to do.
edited by Kylestien on 1/28/2016

[quote=Chris Gardiner][color=#ff9900]To reiterate what Hannah said: we don’t treat De Gustibus as a regular event. Please don’t count on it appearing during a particular month! [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]We treat it as a flexible bit of content we can release as a surprise at some point in the year.[/color][/quote]
If it’s too far out though the snow will melt. Lot of folks are depending on it showing up so the can sell that snow they invested in. So it sure would be qa shame if it came too late. There’s only like one maybe two weeks left before that happens. Like, if it’s not going to happen in that time frame, it would be nice to know so we can convert pails to long boxes or something.

[color=#0066ff]Everyone, it’s worth remembering that we do change events from year to year. Sometimes we change the details, sometimes we restructure them radically, occasionally we retire them altogether. Don’t build complex optimisation plans based on what’s happened on previous years: it’s a house of cards, and you might be disappointed.[/color]

Hope and lacre don’t mix well.

[color=#0066ff]Everyone, it’s worth remembering that we do change events from year to year. Sometimes we change the details, sometimes we restructure them radically, occasionally we retire them altogether. Don’t build complex optimisation plans based on what’s happened on previous years: it’s a house of cards, and you might be disappointed.[/color][/quote]

Sure, it’s a dynamic game, past returns are never a guarantee of future performance. But the in game message is only &quotAny Pails of So-Called Snow you possess will melt next week.&quot. Not that and &quotUse them quickly!&quot or something else to warn that things may change from last year.

So I’m probably going to white-knuckle (ba-dum-bump) my buckets until a tiny bit closer to my TtH tomorrow before using them instead of them melting as it sure seems like I won’t be able to sell this year. Which I personally dislike because I didn’t see anything new in the WIcket to buy and already just saved my naturally generated pails. But it’s not the end of the neath either.

Well at the very least I should say thanks for the heads up. You didn’t have to warn us that our optimization plans were for not, but you did and that counts for something. It makes me miss the monthly change logs Adam/Flyte used to write for the FBG blog. Those were quite useful. Optimization planning is something that will always happen; it’s part of our nature as engaged and highly invested/caring players. But little heads up like these do make a difference. So thank you Hannah and Chris :-)

Well, a Direful Reflection or two is still a good prize for something I got for just an action. I admit that I was looking forward to getting 50 echoes each for them, but if that’s not meant to be then that’s alright.

Guess I’ll be making one last visit to the wicket in a few hours.

Anyone with spare buckets and no particular use could try dumping them in the river for potential PtPT: The Drownies gain. Which would be especially good for anyone at level three to do as we don’t know if it caps there.

Seven buckets later and I can tell you &quotPutting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre hasn’t changed, because it’s higher than 4&quot wait, what? Taste of Lacre hasn’t changed? There’s another alt success on dumping buckets?

EDIT: wait, nevermind
I accidentally did one wrong option once, damn. Well. I dumped eight buckets into the river and I didn’t get the rare/alt succes once. Ouch.
edited by Cecil on 1/29/2016

For anyone upset by this, I’d like to point out that The Catafalquerie in the Nadir is a good use of spare buckets, provided you have the ability to get Taste to 7 beforehand.

Edit: Feex, according to the correction below. I’ll point out that it’s good to have a spare point of Taste anyway, as you’ll need one if you have a reason to huff Tears.
edited by Cocytus on 1/29/2016

That’s Taste 7, needed not 8

So how often does this event happen approximately? Because I have been playing for about 20 months or so and I don’t remember ever seeing it. Though there was a four month period I was completely offline.

I just realized this is probably related to all the new cool Sustenance items. They may be revamping to take into account the large number of otherwise useless “food” items that have been introduced. Which would be awesome.