Comrades All: The Flowerdene Insurgency War-Room

“He’ll never stop coming. Of course not.” Eli slides the envelope across the table to Eglantine. “He should’ve stuck to flower arrangement, the dramatic fop. I need someone to find out where Passionario is.”

&quotCan I kill him after I find him? FINDING wouldn’t be THAT hard… returning to tell you about it is the harder part, I am afraid… anyways, if you need something to be stolen or a stupid idea or someone killed, call me. I am best stuck following orders, I am afraid… how to stop them… we need guards. And a Maxim gun… maybe pulled by horses… fast and devastating… again, might hit innocents. We need medics… we are at war… spies… people who recruit…&quot

Does offering my allegiance to the highest bidder count as making a move? 'Cause I’m still looking for a highest bidder.
“I’m loyal, don’t wory about that. Way I see it, both sides are equally horrible, but there’s always a chance one of them’ll make the world a better place. ‘Highest bidder’ is just my way of making a coin throw.”

Eli regards the man. “I have no use for mercenaries. Not this close to the heart of our operations. Go speak to one of the barkers if you want work.”

Flesh-Stick: HOW CAN YOU BE LOYAL IF YOU WORK FOR MONEY? ALL ANYONE WOULD HAVE TO DO IS OFFER YOU MORE MONEY TO BETRAY US AND THEN BAM! THERE GOES YOUR LOYALTY!

&quotThat’s not- I’m not working for the money, exactly.
I’ll put it like this: I hate the Masters, but I hate the premise of a London without them equally. I’ve seen what they do to cities once they grow tired of them, but I’ve also seen those cities rise to a certain kind of glory under their rule. Whichever side I join, I’ll both agree and disagree with their goals. As you understand, this has left me split on the issue. I’m not exactly mercenary, I just want a side to reach out to me, secure my loyalty. As I’ve come to understand it, the best way to do that is by being a mercenary.&quot

&quotOh, and besides-&quot he adds, &quotWhat good would it do my mercenary reputation if I behaved like a turncoat? That’s not long-term thinking.&quot

Flesh-Stick: WELL, MAYBE YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT YOUR OWN OPINION BEFORE YOU GO RISKING YOUR LIFE FOR IT. WHERE ARE YOUR PRINCIPLES? YOUR MORALS? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS RIGHT? FIGHT FOR THAT.
edited by Kukapetal on 8/17/2016

“What’s your price? Or you a straight echoes man or do you have different appetites?”

Eglantine regards the envelope impassively. &quotYou want me to do it his way? Or the other way?&quot It’d certainly be faster, despite the risks, to follow the instructions.

“Unfortunately, I doubt you’ll have a choice but to do it his way.” Eli shakes his head and takes a seat in a wooden, three-legged stool.

I’m both and neither, I’ll take any offer. First faction to buy me has me.

“How’d you even get in here? You’ve made it very clear that you aren’t to be trusted. None shall profit off our suffering, get lost.”

Eli seems more irate dealing with the newcomer than normal. It’s very clear that he hates mercenaries.

Flesh-Stick giggles and sticks his tongue out, forgetting he’s wearing a mask and no one can see it

“Alright, I suppose I’ll have to resort on my other option, then, oppose BOTH sides. You haven’t seen the last of me.” Walks away while wringing his hands

Maria comes in and leaves a sack on the table, putting a note on which ‘funds’ is written on top of it.

Eli briefly fights the urge to shoot him in the back, but realizes he doesn’t even have his slinger on him. He grunts.

Eli stands and bows before examining the contents of the sack. “Where’d you get this, Maria?”

&quotDon’t worry about such things… a war needs money… so I robbed a jeweller in Veilgarden…&quot

“Alright, I can’t exactly call you out for thieving, but we should at least attempt to get money honestly first.” Eli looks over the contents and nods, satisfied if a little concerned. “Well, he shouldn’t go out of business at least. Let’s try to keep it legitimate from now on, if at all possible.”

Eli enters the room with a mass of papers, permits, maps and assorted official-looking documents. He looks as if he hasn’t slept in days.

“I think it’s about time we did something, other than twiddling our thumbs and worrying if the Cons are going to smash out doors in tomorrow. As of now, Spite is on of the biggest hubs of the Gossip Econony, but most of it goes out and almost none comes back in.”

"This will be a two-pronged attack. I’ll need one strike team to lead a delegation to the Iron Yards in Wolfstack Docks, there they will need to steal a dirigible and bring it to Watchmaker Hill, in the marshes.

The other team is going to need to handle something far more delicate. A cell of revolutionaries is carrying out copycat attacks in the name of The FDI and making us out to be nothing more than bloodthirsty terrorists. Someone needs to locate their hideout in Ladybones and stop them from carrying out any more attacks, but chances are, there will be Special Agents trying to cover this up."

Eli clasps his hands together. “Questions?”

*Flesh-Stick looks up from a copy of “War and Peace” he’s reading. Upside-down.

“OH BOY, I FINALLY GET TO SMASH SOMETHING! MAYBE EVEN A DIRIGIBLE! SIGN ME UP!”