Comrades All: The Flowerdene Insurgency War-Room

The room is cast in stone, cold as a wine cellar with none of the drink. Nearly every inch of the place save for the floor and most of the ceiling is covered in reports, dossiers, maps, anything that might lend an advantage. In the center, a round wooden table that looks as if it had been carted off from a political office or some such, except that it’s surface is marred with cuts and scratches.

Elias Lowe II stands in the middle of it all, eyes shifting from each soul present to the next. &quotI think we all know what’s about to happen. The lines of communication are abuzz, Amelia and Strix have already begun maneuvering to keep the bloodshed down to a minimum, angels that they are… And one of my more reliable officers was killed yesterday. The war has started, gentlefolk.&quot

Ezekiel churns irately. &quotSend not to know for whom the bell tolls…&quot

The war has started, but instead of one or two high actions stories, this will occur over a large number of fronts.

When an operative of a faction makes a move, they may write what there character is doing. This can technically happen in any thread, but refrain from bringing this on to the front door of people who are indifferent or opposed, if you’d please. :)

After the narrative, the person will make an OOC comment describing what they have done. An agent of the opposing faction (or someone neutrally oriented) can declare they wish to block this action. If they do, that will be an &quotengagement&quot and become it’s own separate story to be told by the people involved, with the general outcome worked out beforehand by the player characters involved.

You can take any action you want, but things that might be considered effective and interesting would be turning Groups against a certain faction, setting up spies, planning assassinations, shutting down economic assets and so on.

Again, the rules are that no act physical violence against another character will be taken without first obtaining the permission of the creator of that character. It’s not only intensely obnoxious and rude, it could cause a lot of problems for the entire story-line.

&quotIt tolls for thee…&quot

Maria, who was there just because she heard Eli had a problem, was clueless &quotIf I might ask, ehat are we fighting for? Against whom? I just got a lettrr about you having problems from the Professor…&quot[li]

&quotIf you have to ask, perhaps you’d be better off not getting involved.&quot Eli crosses his arms. &quotThis has been in the pipeline for ages, Agents of the Masters have begun to position themselves a little too closely to our greatest friends and allies. If we do not prepare soon, all that we have worked for might soon be destroyed, including our lives and loved ones.&quot

“So, what intel do we have? I assume you haven’t walked into this blindly.”

Flesh-Stick: WELL, YOU KNOW I’LL HELP, BUT I’M NOT GOOD AT PLANNING SNEAKY STUFF OR OUTMANEUVERING BRILLIANT CHESSMASTERS. BUT WHATEVER YOU NEED ME TO DO, ELI, I’LL DO IT. I’M TOO DUMB TO BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A PAWN, BUT I’M YOUR PAWN.

&quotSo our old friends again… and I will get myself involved. I won’t let you die Eli. I love you to much for that. You are like my family. And I support mine. So, what do we need… there will be wounded. We need weapons… and the Agents will be clueless without a leader. If he got wounded and a ‘doctor’ came and accidentaly injected radium into his veins…&quot[li]

“Radium isn’t the answer to everything, Maria. Nor is an outright assassination of their hierarch feasible if we don’t even know who that is.”

Eli embraces Flesh-Stick. “You’ve placed your trust well, love. You have.”

To Dirae, he shakes his head and pulls a dossier from the wall. “We have all the intel in the word, we need only to direct it. We know that one of their primary targets is the Brass Embassy and eroding our alliance with Hell, we already have Barker Fox figuring out who’s manuervering against us there. My guess is Gazter, but I cannot be certain.”

“Our spies have been busier this week than they have last year. What has everyone discovered?”

&quotHm… Then we need to take prisoners, get their base and blow it up… Problem solved… but many causalities… smarter methods?&quot[li]

“Sound like plan, will prepare…” Ezekiel begins to trundle off.

“NO explosives. I’ve seen what the Revs can do with those things. We need to be surgical to avoid any unneeded bloodshed.”

Flesh-Stick giggles

MARIA, I THINK YOU MIGHT BE BEST JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS LIKE ME.

“We can strike at their Great Game connections. Many in the Game have no love for the Masters. Many more have no love of the Neddy men. We would need to alleviate their fears about our corruption to outside forces like Fingerkings or other such powers.”

“We don’t want to fight two wars for the price of one.”

“Even still, might have glassman allies that could help.” Ezekiel chitters vaguely.

“War in the Parabola? I wonder if we could set up mirror traps to disorient our enemies - something like the carnival of mirrors.”

“No need to set countermeasures for problems we don’t already have.” Eli concedes. “At the very least, we should wait to see how this plays out. The Bazaarine Stability Pact is what they call themselves. People like us, trying to bury everything. We’ll see how they play things.”

“No reason not to be proactive in shoring up our defenses at the very least. Or cause another distraction for their forces.”

Flesh-Stick: I DON’T GET IT. WHAT’S SO “STABLE” ABOUT WHAT THEY’RE TRYING TO DO?

&quotPeople want to preserve the status quo and have all their past cruelties forgiven and forgotten.&quot Eli smiles, joylessly. &quotTo some, oppression is the only way. Others know that’s only what the oppressors would want us to believe.&quot

Flesh-Stick tries to puzzle this out

&quotBUT THINGS ARE ALREADY STABLE. I COULD KINDA UNDERSTAND WHEN THEY PUT YOU ON TRIAL CAUSE THAT WAS FOR YOUR PART IN SHAKING THINGS UP. BUT NOW THAT THINGS HAVE SETTLED DOWN, IF THEY MESS WITH EVERYTHING AGAIN, IT’S ONLY GONNA CAUSE ANOTHER UPRISING, RIGHT?&quot

he scuffs at the floor with the tip of his boot self-consciously

&quotSORRY IF THESE ARE DUMB QUESTIONS.&quot
edited by Kukapetal on 8/17/2016

“Which reminds me. . .” Dirae Erinyes pulls out a business card with a spiderweb and a bloody X on the back. “Amelia has formally declared neutrality and a safe spot for the urchins.”

Flesh-Stick giggles again

“WOW, AMELIA HAS A HEART? WHO KNEW?”