Commiseration: Our most painful failures

60 Progress. Ray-Drenched Cinder in hand and time to hand it over. And then I lost my head, clicked the wrong thing, and LEFT my expedition. Square one.

And I don’t even know if I can do it again after finding another skull and replenishing my supplies, because the expedition is locked out (I have Route: Cave of the Nadir 2, and it’s only open to me with Route: CotN 1 and no more than 1).

Probably no one else has been thickheaded enough to also find themselves in this position, but if you have any hope you can offer me via PM, I’d gladly accept it.

Once you reach the Gate it stays as a Storylet until you’re ready to play it.

[li]
I think I didn’t explain myself properly. Here’s a screencap.

This is all that’s available to me.

Is there no Expedition-related option on the left side of your Messages tab?

[li]
There isn’t.

It shouldn’t be in Expeditions, it should be a storylet all on its own. I clicked away when I reached the Gate to do some other stuff, and it was waiting for me when I was done.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/12/2013

Last question: is there a storylet available in the Forgotten Quarter that mentions the Cave of the Nadir in its title? If not, it’s a bug. If you report it, I’m sure they’ll put things right.

What did you click on to bring this about?

I logged out and logged back in, and it’s there now. Thank you, everyone.

Flyte, I’m not quite sure. I was bouncing between a couple of browser tabs and when I returned, I thought I clicked on my Gate choice. My pointer suddenly wasn’t where I thought it was and I got a white screen, the kind that sometimes happens when the game is slow. But then, I’ve had trouble with FL today in general and my action clock was wonky most of the afternoon so I didn’t think much of it. Then, poof there were no useful options when I came back into the Forgotten Quarter short of starting a new expedition.

Excellent. Enjoy the Cave of the Nadir!

Spending a Dusty Bookshop to pump up my Watchful and then playing Virginia a game for the correspondence stones – and still managing to lose. So embarrassing!

With on fell misclick, I accidentally sold my plant which I had been growing for two years an was just starting to climb in the tournament. I actually ragequit FL entirely for about a month after that, before returning to find that in my absence fellow Tournament of Lilies competiters who I had told about my plight had showered me with gifts. Typical of the online games I’ve played, even when the game makes you want to quit, the community will bring you back again and again.
edited by KatarinaNavane on 11/7/2013

BELOW was not funded, and that precious cask of Hesperidean Cider -that sweet appline juice that would grant me life eternal, a state which I prize beyond all other things- slipped from my grasp.

My greatest regret. All other things are shadow.

Deciding to seek the name sorta feels like one hell of a failure. But there’s a faint glimmer of hope and accomplishment behind the waves of blood,corpses and insanity. On a meta level: Wasting a BUNCH of fate because of a bug that delayed my purchases. Turns out a few days later i ended up with a whopping 362 fate that i had no idea what to do with. Then the nadir sorta came along so i decided to spend all my fate on CENSORED
Also, Siding with the revolutinaries with one of my alts and now discoverign the haunting future that is the liberation of eternal night.[li]
edited by Blackleaf on 11/12/2013

I have dealt in the soul trade. I have condemned those in the orphanage to a final death. I have seen the horrors of Flute Street, and I play many a dangerous game against the Masters, from the hallowed halls of learning to the thrumming presses of Doubt Street. Now my greatest joy, the one thing I have kept true to myself for, my quests for knowledge, have slowly taken a turn into the nightmarish.

And it’d all be tolerable if it weren’t for that d*mnable art critic I seduced! THAT is my true shame!

[quote=OWD]I have dealt in the soul trade. I have condemned those in the orphanage to a final death. I have seen the horrors of Flute Street, and I play many a dangerous game against the Masters, from the hallowed halls of learning to the thrumming presses of Doubt Street. Now my greatest joy, the one thing I have kept true to myself for, my quests for knowledge, have slowly taken a turn into the nightmarish.

And it’d all be tolerable if it weren’t for that d*mnable art critic I seduced! THAT is my true shame![/quote]
Apologies for asking but how does one condemn the orphans to death? Ive got a salon and not an orphanage so id like to know.[li]
And ive seen plenty of people accidently seduce a person, Just pass it off as a drunken evening or something.

That is a different Orphanage. The one you investigate when you are following the Light Fingers Ambition.

And the seduction of that artist means that he comes back to haunt you - frequently.

GAAAHHH I just misclicked and LOST SEEKING MR EATEN’S NAME. Granted I only had two candles, but still, those were two hard-(bleeping)-won candles, and there looked like a possibility of a line on a fourth with the Feast of Masks, and even if I can get SMEN back (I don’t seem to be “Free of the Name”), doing all that over again . . . !

GAAAAHHHHH.

And that’s why I keep my connected: Urchins low, just in case. Just in case…

Still, though, that sucks :{ On the slightly bright side, you’ll be able to skip over the Scar/Stain/Chain bit and go right to SMEN 8 because the scars and such persist.

What about the other opportunity card–oh, you have to have 0 Peckish, right? So that would be a safe way to avoid that one.

Well, that’s something at least, I just hope I can get SMEN at all before the Feast is over . . .