Coming soon: a return to the Forgotten Quarter

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]We have stealth-released another Expedition with greater possible rewards… and a couple of additional challenges. As those of you in this thread have noticed, the other FQ content is also evolving. We’ve also remixed the early stages of the Correspondence Stones storyline, for those still at that stage…[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]More to come.[/color]
[li][/quote]
I do still HAVE my Correspondence Stones, though the content is long-since completed. Is there a chance the future might bring more use for them?[/li][li]

So far I haven’t had him interfere, though I have seen places where he would have gained progress if he had had some to start with.

[li]

The Quarter’s being helpful to me and dishing out lots of Signs to help me progress, so Orthos is subsequently making almost none. Get stuffed, Orthos!
Also for some reason occasionally progressing gives the message “You have lost 0x Rival’s Progress” instead of giving me a point. i think it might be something to do with sudden insights but i haven’t confirmed the exact cause yet

[quote=Spacemarine9]The Quarter’s being helpful to me and dishing out lots of Signs to help me progress, so Orthos is subsequently making almost none. Get stuffed, Orthos!
Also for some reason occasionally progressing gives the message &quotYou have lost 0x Rival’s Progress&quot instead of giving me a point. i think it might be something to do with sudden insights but i haven’t confirmed the exact cause yet[/quote]
I’ve noticed that; it would drop your Rival’s Progress quality, but it can’t drop below 1, so…[li]

I think it might have to do with the Airs of the Forgotten Quarter.

Nah it says “You have lost 0x” even if you have it at 2. And it’s almost definitely something to do with using a Sudden Insight but not needing it, because it’s showed up all 3 times I’ve used one but succeeded first try, but not when I used the second chance.

Maybe. I continue to suspect that it’s simply the Airs of the Forgotten Quarter quality; have you noted if that’s changed betwixt your progresses?[li]

Because that may be an illusory connection.

(BTW, rather interesting lore there on the shrine.)

“You’ve lost 0x Rival’s Progress” is still a really buggy looking message either way. Could just be coincidence that it showed up every time I burned a Sudden Insight uselessly, I haven’t really had a massive sample size to check because actions are limited and all that.

I found an Eyeless Skull at the end of Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven (as well as 1-2 cp of Archaeologist) - do you always get that, or was I just insanely lucky?

It’s not sellable as far as I can tell, but it is usable, and in the Luminosity category- five can be exchanged for a Ray-Drenched Cinder, and one can be exchanged for something.[li]
edited by Aspeon on 6/21/2013

You need at least one Eyeless Skull to enter the Cave of the Nadir, at least, so it’s probably worth hanging onto. I didn’t get a skull at the end of either of my expeditions so I guess you were just lucky! Maybe later expeditions will have a higher chance of giving them or something.

I tried using a Sudden Insight on one of the straightforward progress options and still got Rivals Progress, but using one up on A Bucaneering Approach still gives 0x Progress every time I’ve tried it. I have absolutely no idea.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 6/21/2013

I received absolutely nothing at the end of the Shrine of Deep Blue Heaven (other than the Unpredictable Treasure). I don’t know whether that was a bug or if the reward is deliberately just a chance at a rare success.

I’ll check out the conversion options if I get six before anyone else does. For now, it’s mantlepieced and I echoed the text where you get it: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Aspeon

Edit: People got Ray-Drenched Cinders from one of the Fate-locked Mr Sacks branches. It’s 312.50, making the Skull the 62.50 Luminosity. (And the conversion’s a matter of luck, so the success/rare success rewards there might be very good.)
[li]
edited by Aspeon on 6/21/2013

The end result titled &quotMemories of Light&quot (Which I got both times) /seems/ like it’d give Visions of the Surface or, well, Memories of Light, but it gives nothin’. The Eyeless Skull comes from the one entitled &quotAfter the Fall&quot so I guess that’s the one to hope for.

e: make that 3 times

[li]If you would like to test that theory further, I’m more than happy to burn through some actions helping you (and others!) gain additional Sudden Insights for testing–I’m far too unprepared to attempt an Expedition at this juncture, perhaps later, once I’ve gained access to the Brass Embassy (only 110 bottles of Muscaria Brandy and a Brass Ring to go!).

I don’t really know /whats/ happening with it, to be honest: it only seemed to happen on A Buccaneering Approach and not the other ones, but then when I hit 4 Rivals Progress it started working properly on the Buccaneering Approach as well. Maybe it is something to do with the Airs of the Quarter or something, but across 3 Expeditions it’s only performed as expected once. pf course it happened literally right after i submitted a caveat to my bug report so i think it’s literally just the RNG angling to make me look like a dork

not that that’s a difficult endeavor

Is the shrine of the deep blue heaven the new expedition?

[quote=Spacemarine9]pf course it happened literally right after i submitted a caveat to my bug report so i think it’s literally just the RNG angling to make me look like a dork

not that that’s a difficult endeavor
edited by Spacemarine9 on 6/21/2013[/quote]

[li]I think the rats may have something to do with that as well. :P (To be fair, that seems to happen with ALL my bug reports, so… :P )

Ow ow ow. Can’t discard -and- minus 50 CP of shadowy? DANG. These eyeless skulls are so brutally metal. If only it was watchful damage instead of shadowy… maybe then I could finally go back and finder that heiress :V

Edit: Dude. Its a frequent card that you can draw multiple times too.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/22/2013

Hmm the card to raise archaeologist is gone…

[quote=NiteBrite]Edit: Dude. Its a frequent card that you can draw multiple times too.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/22/2013[/quote]

[li]I’ve seen a different card, Forgotten Strengths, that would presumably have the same effect on Dangerous. (Didn’t actually play it; went to Zee instead to collect some more Notes.)

From the other thread it sounds like you can raise it by finding Thieves’ Caches.

Oh man, I didn’t notice they are different cards, Forgotten wisdoms and forgotten sleights. I guess this means there are at least three things you can forget.
[/li]