Christmas Wishes in Fallen London

[li]
Same here in Safari.

Definitely try refreshing - it’s working for me now and wasn’t this morning.

Refreshed, restarted the browser, no joy.

[quote=Sam][color=#993300]Hello all - Developer Sam here. I made the advent calendar! I’ve also just made a few changes that means it’ll work on Chrome, Firefox and Safari for iPhones, iPads, Android phones and PC’s. Enjoy the glowing lights and let us know on support@failbettergames.com if you spot anything awry, in calendar or out.[/color]
edited by Sam on 12/1/2015[/quote]

I love that &quotMr. Sacks, take my heart&quot comment!

The &quotfeeling stupid sigh&quot…
Sigh. OK, what Easter egg?

EDIT: OK, Very uncharacteristically of me - I’ve found it. Very surprised that I did. Not my area of expertise.
PM if you felt frustrated like me and want to find out.
edited by Gonen on 12/1/2015

I’ve noticed that Time the Healer didn’t bring the SNOWBOUND! storylet today when it came by. Has it been removed from the game or is it being saved up to give out on specific days so that everyone gets an equal amount of them?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 12/1/2015

It’s working fine on Safari iOS :D

[quote=Sam][color=#993300]Hello all - Developer Sam here. I made the advent calendar! I’ve also just made a few changes that means it’ll work on Chrome, Firefox and Safari for iPhones, iPads, Android phones and PC’s. Enjoy the glowing lights and let us know on support@failbettergames.com if you spot anything awry, in calendar or out.[/color]
edited by Sam on 12/1/2015[/quote]
Thanks, Sam! Great work!

I am a little bit fuzzy on what sending the Christmas cards do. Are they just a merry greeting? Or do they affect those I send them to in some fashion?

They reduce menaces (at least some do…?), give Second Chances, increase Making Waves and raise a stat by a small amount.
edited by Kolanowski on 12/2/2015

Thanks!

Oh wow, I love the new advent calendar.

I love the calendar! But one question if I may? Is the clock at 0410 because that’s the time the new doors will open? Or is it for Afternoon Tea? Or ‘Ten Four’ like the radio signal? Or maybe I’ve read it wrong or I’m thinking to hard :)

The next door shall open to you.

If FBG won’t mind. I’m going to use the advent picture as my PC’s Christmas wallpaper.

More accurately, it’s 04:06:40. Dunno if this changes anything.

I confess that I’m getting nervous about how long it’s taking for the &quotSnowbound&quot portion of Sackmas to begin. From looking at the historical info on the wiki, it seems like the evolution of Sackmas over the years has been all to the good. And I’d be the last to suggest that they have an obligation to announce new changes beforehand. I am, however, getting nervous even if I don’t have the right to be.

I’ve built up Scholar of the Correspondence, purchased a Monocle and been heavily stocking up on Last Chance…'s, Threnodies (which have little other purpose) and Scheme (to convert to Favorable Circumstance) since before Hallowmas and from the forum activity I’m not alone. The longer the streets are clear, the fewer opportunities there are to draw Urchins and the more resources will have to be spent to force it. All assuming that Pails can still be bought.

Most of what I’ve done can be used/spent/sold/converted for other things eventually so it’s not a net-loss or anything. It is, all the same, nerve-wracking.
edited by MrBurnside on 12/5/2015
edited by MrBurnside on 12/5/2015

[quote=MrBurnside]I confess that I’m getting nervous about how long it’s taking for the &quotSnowbound&quot portion of Sackmas to begin.[/quote]My unsubstantiated theory is that snow will come on every Monday in December for everyone regardless of their Time, the Healer. That will lead to everyone getting four pails from Snowbound. We’ll just have to wait and see!

My alt just got a visit from time the healer but no snowbound. I am starting to freak out as well.

Don’t freak out! I actually thought it would start Friday, but now, like Travers, I am going with Day 7 as the start of the event too. It is The Number after all, so hope all shall be well. Plus, it coincides with certain advent calendar shenanigans!

By the way, I am really liking the the way the calendar is set up, especially the good night choice! I loved seeing the source stuff too with the easter egg in there. A handy reddit thread will catch anyone up to speed with that too. Even though it’s been only 4 days in, I really like what has been revealed thus far. My first Christmas in the Neath is going swimmingly, looking forward to the day we may get certain meticulous equipment! :) Nice work Failbetter!