Celebrating good fortune.

Well, this one deserves a mention: I hit content boundary in Ambition: Heart’s Desire yesterday. Today, this!

Just maxed out my Watchful (first stat to max) through a lot of coffee and an interest in Flute Street’s mysteries.

[quote=Aryenke]Yes, I too was slightly miffed to find that my hoard (I have much in common with the L.B.'s it seems) of 7 means comparatively I LOST 7 darkdrop coffees. Ah, well. Hoarding isn’t always healthy, now is it?

On the Celebrating topic - I have a Haunted Looking Dog Now!!! (O.K., it’s nothing like an Overgoat, but for someone who is a minimum of a month away from being anyone of importance, it is sweet!)[/quote]

I’d gladly trade my goat for your dog. I prefer luck over providence.

I found a most cute and unaware Salt Weasel in Ladybones Road! It’s so adowable!

I too came across such a lovely lonely dog. I was quite pleased, Overgoats are so expensive. He does make me seem a bit more fierce.

After pawning off nearly all of my goods, I have finally obtained an Immaculate Frock Coat, and I am now moving on up!

So close to becoming a PoSI…

EDIT: Er. This is unfortunate. The amount of selling I did to obtain that coat has left me quite broke. I have none of the things I need for the Velocipede, and only 93 pence. Oh dear.
edited by Twoflower on 5/9/2012

After a frustrating setback with the Fidgeting Writer, I do have a small victory to report: I have reached 150 connection with the Rubbery Men. I am now “Amberine!” and pleased to see a description that sounds a little less like choking to death on calamari.

[quote=Twoflower]After pawning off nearly all of my goods, I have finally obtained an Immaculate Frock Coat, and I am now moving on up!

So close to becoming a PoSI…

EDIT: Er. This is unfortunate. The amount of selling I did to obtain that coat has left me quite broke. I have none of the things I need for the Velocipede, and only 93 pence. Oh dear.
edited by Twoflower on 5/9/2012[/quote]

On the other hand, this is a very good chance to grind some Quality point together with Echos: to become a PoSI a total value of 100 is enough, but for most actions afterwards usually the threshold is 125 total for a Straightforward test. Better start early ^^

0-for-3 on Last Hopes of a Fidgeting Writer today (same with my last three-pack of Last Hopes), but I found a Haunted-Looking Dog!

I had a good week - finally met the Regretful Soldier, joined the Dilmun Club, and just acquired my Iron Republic Safe-Conduct. I just have a few loose ends to tie up before I go.

I to just joined the Dilmum Club, mostly because I was there and thought about it while using the Velocipede Squad to catch up my still somewhat lacking Dangerousness.

I have now reached “Cardinal of Conspiracy” 10. The text is the beautifully double-meaning “How high does this go?!”

I’m tempted to find out; but named levels only appeared at levels 1, 3, 5, and 10. Given that progression I fear it would be a very long grind until I saw a new name, if I ever did.

Many months of hard work and one Rubbery Euphonium later, I am the proud owner of a Zubmarine! To sea!

[quote=Dave ]I have now reached “Cardinal of Conspiracy” 10. The text is the beautifully double-meaning “How high does this go?!”

I’m tempted to find out; but named levels only appeared at levels 1, 3, 5, and 10. Given that progression I fear it would be a very long grind until I saw a new name, if I ever did.[/quote]
Hah! Glad to hear you finally made it, and that it was something amusing.

A relatively minor accomplishment compared to sundry zubmarines, wines, and euphonia, but I’ve finished grinding rats for entry into the Labyrinth of Tigers. Which I mostly mention because as soon as I’d mentally phrased it that way, I realized it sounded like I went to the trouble of making rat burgers.

I’ll have my Zub once I get my next action ^_^

And today I got my first two Coruscating Souls. Just 3,000 Echoes to go to get the best non-Overgoat purchasable equipment…

My eyes are now Stormy.

I’ve been saving for an Overgoat for some time now. Ten days ago I just happened to have a coincidence of opportunities: a salt weasel and information about overgoats turning up at the same time. My agent is now sick of me pestering her about my royalties, but I am now the proud custodian of an overgoat. It is currently delicately poised on my mantlepiece (didn’t think it would be that graceful, but goats are good climbers) but I’ll probably put the fish back on there soon.
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Martin~Hopfield

Just got myself a “Guest Room at the Brass Embassy” thanks to my Devil “friends” if one could call anyone that these days.

Onwards to a “Room at the Royal Bethlehem Hotel” to complete my Lodgings quest! Then I will be able to dine at the Bazaar, head to the Smokey Flophouse for some gambling, and then rest at my Handsome Townhouse, after I count my winnings of course.