Celebrating good fortune.

Cathyr - I think MaskedGentleman was making a joke.

Pleased to say I FINALLY managed to get to the end of the Fidgeting Writer storyline successfully. I found it very expensive and frustrating to play, and now I’ve got the final item and read all the story text I won’t be playing it again.

The actual description is Connected: the Masters of the Bazaar 10 - There May be Indiscretions

Of course, while that is what they say we all know what it means. ; )

[color=#ffffff]Seriously though, it was a joke.[/color]
Perhaps we can convince them to change the text. : D

[quote=Lady Red]Cathyr - I think MaskedGentleman was making a joke.

Pleased to say I FINALLY managed to get to the end of the Fidgeting Writer storyline successfully. I found it very expensive and frustrating to play, and now I’ve got the final item and read all the story text I won’t be playing it again.[/quote]

Ah, that explains it. I’m somewhat humor-challenged. :-)

Congratulations on completing the Fidgeting Writer line. I have gotten almost there, only to lose at the very end!

I almost got there back when it was first released; it’s so irritating to get so far, lose so many echoes, and then still fail! So I waited for the irritation to fade before trying again, and thank heavens this time I succeeded. Now I need to do some grinding to replenish my supplies!

[quote=cathyr19355][quote=Lady Red]Cathyr - I think MaskedGentleman was making a joke.

Pleased to say I FINALLY managed to get to the end of the Fidgeting Writer storyline successfully. I found it very expensive and frustrating to play, and now I’ve got the final item and read all the story text I won’t be playing it again.[/quote]

Ah, that explains it. I’m somewhat humor-challenged. :-)

Congratulations on completing the Fidgeting Writer line. I have gotten almost there, only to lose at the very end![/quote]

A small tip for those who are finding failures during this storyline to be frustrating, as I did:

The items generated along the way (Sense of Deja Vu, Glimpse of Something Larger etc.) are not unique. If you make several of them they will stack in your inventory. I liked to create lots of the item for a particular step in the chain, then use all of them to create a (somewhat smaller) stack of items for the next level, and so on. Although this is no more rewarding or efficient in the long run, I found that it gives more of a feeling of progress over time.

[quote=FogChicken1]
The items generated along the way (Sense of Deja Vu, Glimpse of Something Larger etc.) are not unique. If you make several of them they will stack in your inventory. I liked to create lots of the item for a particular step in the chain, then use all of them to create a (somewhat smaller) stack of items for the next level, and so on. Although this is no more rewarding or efficient in the long run, I found that it gives more of a feeling of progress over time.[/quote]

I’m well aware of that. I’ve lost lots of resources because of my efforts to “stack” items in that chain and subsequent luck-roll failures. :-(

Back from an extended voyage beyond the Sea of Voices - don’t mind the mumbling overcoat. Needed a short vacation after six months lurking about looking for a Salt Weasel.

Now, if only I could manage to arrange the Return of the Disgraced Rattus Faber Chief - I miss my poor little fellow.

I finally managed to get a friend for my starveling cat. Huzzah! (If I get another by some chance, I will pass it on - there is a limit to how many starvelings one needs…)

I just finished my Zubmarine, just hit What the Thunder Said 18, and am a paltry handful of Antique Mysteries away from securing a room at the Royal Bethlehem, the only four-card residence I currently lack.

I feel like I need a nap.

I just bought an Overgoat. \o/

You’ve been added to the list of your fellow Super Capra herders, fellow Overgoated
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 10/1/2015

Finally got a criminal gang. I got a club, all three affiliations, the transports (except Landau which I lack some Books of Hidden Nobodies), most theological pets (except the owl which I don’t particularly care for), all home comforts, a swift zee-clipper, a friend from the foreign office, but lack most of the high-end equipment from the bazaar.

…I guess I will just casually grind for the Overgoat and worry about the equipments later.

To-do-Goal List:
Transport: Landau
Weapons: Ratwatch Work (460 Echoes) , Ratwork Derringer (400 Echoes) , Poison-tipped Umbrella (450 Echoes) = 1310 Echoes
Gloves: Insatiable Glove (180 Echoes) , Master Thief’s Hand (320 Echoes) , Diamond Ring (450 Echoes) = 950 Echoes
Hat: Semiotic Monocle (450 Echoes), Beguiling Mask (115 Echoes, 20 pence) = 565 Echoes, 20 pence
Clothing: Exquisite Ivory Gown (460 Echoes, 80 pence) = 460 Echoes, 80 pence
Pet: Overgoat (11712 Echoes, 80 pence), Alluring Accomplice (115 Echoes, 20 pence) = 11828 Echoes
Shoes: Hushed Spidersilk Slippers (320 Echoes), Vakeskin Boots (320 Echoes) = 640 Echoes

Total Needed = 15754 Echoes

Nightmare is increasing…
Melancholy is increasing…
Forceful is increasing…

I quite frankly find your accomplishments astonishing. Not because they are exceptionally incredible, though they are, but because it’s quite apparent that your priorities are my priorities rotated one hundred and eighty degrees.

I have A Clay Sedan, A Gang of Hoodlums, a Voluminous Library, and every high-end piece of equipment you can obtain from the bazaar save for the Overgoat. I do not have a ship, the foreign office has never heard of me, and I do not yet have an invitation to a place where I can drink brandy and smoke cigars with my peers.

I also do not have any of the top three lodgings, though you did not mention them.
edited by Abraham Bounty on 4/23/2012

[quote=Abraham Bounty]
I quite frankly find your accomplishments astonishing. Not because they are exceptionally incredible, though they are, but because it’s quite apparent that your priorities are my priorities rotated one hundred and eighty degrees.

I have A Clay Sedan, A Gang of Hoodlums, a Voluminous Library, and every high-end piece of equipment you can obtain from the bazaar save for the Overgoat. I do not have a ship, the foreign office has never heard of me, and I do not yet have an invitation to a place where I can drink brandy and smoke cigars with my peers.

I also do not have any of the top three lodgings, though you did not mention them.
edited by Abraham Bounty on 4/23/2012[/quote]

…Yes, I did got the all three top lodgings around last month.
edited by Byron Man on 4/23/2012

[quote=Byron Man][quote=Abraham Bounty]

edited by Abraham Bounty on 4/23/2012[/quote]

…Yes, I did got the all three top lodgings around last month.
edited by Byron Man on 4/23/2012[/quote]

snrk That’s kind of funny actually. I suspect I won’t see either of you two gentlemen in the same place.

Dear friends! I have dreamt of acquiring a Salt Weasel in my dreams! Alas, my weasel did not stay with me when i woke up this morning, alas it seems my time in Fallen London is crossing over to my time on the surface.

To make up for it though, I went ahead and acquired my very own Consonant Violin. Huzzah!

I have managed to raise my “Defender of Truth” quality to 10, and am now “The Only Source of Truth.”

Ah! That’s good to know. I have been diligently raising my “Cardinal of Conspiracy”, and have reached 7 - but had despaired for a lack of a change in flavor text. It has been “But that means… oh no!” for at least three grinding levels. I had just given up and started to chase the Fidgeting Writer again as a change of pace. I can see I will have to re-apply myself to the printworks, and return to my original goal of 10.

Yes, join in me in my publishing frenzy! I’m curious to see what title you’ll get at Cardinal of Conspiracy 10.

That last batch of 18 Whirring Contraptions I collected was a tedious grind to be sure, but by the time I acquired them suddenly Polythreme was accessible, so they sat on the shelf for a while. Polythreme was fun, but once I saw that the number for Defender of Truth now also had flavor text (or at least I hadn’t noticed it before) I was enticed back to the world of publishing. It’s frightening to think that it took 55 Whirring Contraptions to get to Defender of Truth 10…nearly as many as you need for a Zubmarine.

I have taken a week out of my busy schedule to direct my gang… accountants (and they are most certainly accountants and I will see anyone who says otherwise in court) handling the paperwork to be assigned a room at The Bazaar itself.

I am please to say that today, the Bazaar has accepted my application and I am now seated at the heart of all commerce in London.

Now I must decide where next to direct my efforts. The Royal Beth and The Brass Embassy are tempting, but I do not currently have a contact willing to deal for those apartments. Instead I shall most likely continue my endeavors to solicit an invitation to a popular gentleman’s club.

Finally the card that lets you choose a faction has decided to turn up for me. I’ve been waiting the better part of two weeks for the damn thing!