Celebrating good fortune.

I have completed my ambition. For good this time. I’m still processing the ending.

I don’t know if I should put this here or in the Failure thread, but here goes: My alt has gone North. She answered What is Due. Limos is finally in the hell she always thought she deserved.

P.S.: It took me a year to accomplish this, and I’m disappointed that no once caught the greek mythology reference in the meantime. Oh well, I should be more explicit in the future.

I finally have my very own Shrivelled Ball!
Though on second thought I might be more enthusiastic about this than it is reasonable.

[quote=NNNnobody]I finally have my very own Shrivelled Ball!
Though on second thought I might be more enthusiastic about this than it is reasonable.[/quote]

This is something you’re HAPPY about?

Lady Byron has reached Fascinating 100. Proof is in her Scrapbook.

Congratulations! I can think of no worthier recipient.

I just went on a trip to a Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven and drew the ‘A sign?’ card no less than three times in a row.

Can’t tell if the RNG was in an especially cheery Christmas mood and decided to hand me some recompense for my Rat failures or if the draw rates have been tweaked, either way I’m glad for saving a few Docks favours.

After three years I finally might be done grinding Certifiable Scraps for good. I got the four highest-tier items. I got the the four second-highest-tier items. I got a second Reported Location to upgrade a four cards-lodging. I got a second Velvet Scrap for the day I’ll play Bag A Legend. I got another 3200 Scraps just in case. Let that be enough.

Thanks to the new Correspondence option on the letter-writing storylet, Myrto finally attained SoTC 21. Annoyingly, due to a miscalculation on my last mood card, I ran out of resources just a few change points away from 21.

After WAY too long as a Correspondent, Myrto can finally switch occupations.

Might seem trivial to most but I’m proud: after (pretty much) a week of grinding, the Dreadful Intriguer has 50 Antique Mysteries for the hotel lodgings.

Now I just need the Merry Gentleman to b____y show up… (I have enough Nightmares.)
edited by The Dreadful Intriguer on 2/13/2021

It’s been a while since I posted here. I have mostly been active on the Discord, but I think I appreciate the slower pace of the forum.

I recently gained London’s Marrow by picking the Treasure option. The Breath of the Void, Rumourmonger’s Network and the Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell had new sources in the Hinterland, and getting them required me to dive in the deepest part of the Magistracy, to construct many Skeleton of dubious origin, to uncover the source of many writer’s nightmare and to embark on daring heists.

The last item, the Veils-Velvet Scrap, was only available with 3200 scrap. I had about 100. I bought every 3 cards lodging, and spend three weeks collecting Favours: Urchins to exchange in the Flint.

If the Veils-Velvet Scrap becomes available in Hurler, I will scream.

Finally have 20 Masters Connected!

Didn’t have a Hastily Scrawled Warning Note. Only brought one set of kifers. Forgot to change into the Shadowy outfit. Made the 12% check to rob the Calculating Lapidary’s vault in one go. And, I only gained 2cp of wounds when it set me to level 8.

[quote=Robin Alexander]Finally have 20 Masters Connected![/quote]Uhu, neat!
But how did you reach it now, outside any seasonal event?

A little bit of always siding with the Masters, earning CP in the few stories that allow it, and mostly fate spent on &quotOne Last Voyage&quot on the &quotDecommissioned Steamer&quot card. It was the latter that got me to the &quot20&quot mark yesterday.

[quote=Robin Alexander]A little bit of always siding with the Masters, earning CP in the few stories that allow it, and mostly fate spent on &quotOne Last Voyage&quot on the &quotDecommissioned Steamer&quot card. It was the latter that got me to the &quot20&quot mark yesterday.[/quote]I see, so the Decommissioned Steamer was it. :)
Damn, but level 20 is impressive! Just checked mine and it’s only 13+13.

Let me revive the thread for those who don’t know about or about Acknowledgeable Achievements and Accoutrements or Commiseration: Our most painful failures.
I just got A lunchbox? card 5 consecutive times in the Nadir!

2 Likes

If you having Master problems, I feel bad for you son.

I got 77 Alterations but a bat ain’t one.

1 Like

I haven’t done a single expedition in Moulin, but they seem way different than the ones in FQ. Damn achievement there!

1 Like

Well, those boxes are now worth 1562.8 E! :smiley: Let’s hope I have time to sell all 42!

1 Like