Burrow-Infra-Mump

Yeah, there’s really no rush. I usually wait for the station to be released, then plan out how much Stuff I need, and then go and grind it. I didn’t finish all the Station VIII things until after I was done with Hallowmas.

I suspect we’ll get one station between Hallowmas end and the start of Neathmas, maybe two, and there’s really no rush to get everything the day it’s released.

No reason for that, of course. You could wait weeks, months, or years before you even build the next station, and it will only be better because FBG will have likely added more content. The only reason to put energy into grinding skeletons is because it brings you joy. (And I thought Helicon House was better for scrip anyway? Maybe not if you’re converting echoes to scrip via Brass Skulls.)

“Hill-under-Hill” is the last of the stations announced in the opening storylet. FBG also said about that interval without new content in the end of the year, when they’ll try to do balance.
So, I think it’ll be the last stop for a while, possibly the next story arc will be about revisiting each station.

Just how much more is there to go before we reach the outskirts of Hell, I wonder? The &quotHalfway to Hell&quot card already unlocks at Jericho, the second stop along the line. We’ve had three more stations since then, with a fourth about to drop. How many stops left before the terminus?

We also have &quotScafell Pike&quot (Pike = hilltop; Scafell = treeless hill) and of course &quotLake Windermere&quot (either &quotlake Wind’s lake&quot or &quotlake lake lake&quot, depending on who you believe). Not to mention a certain country that has &quotthe City of Washington&quot as its capital (Washington means &quotthe town called Washing&quot, where &quotWashing&quot translates as &quotthe village by the river&quot. So &quotthe city of the town called the village by the river&quot).

To come back to the GHR, I can’t help thinking that &quotBurrow&quot has other meanings in English, to say nothing of its connections to &quotBarrow&quot with all the complicated freight that carries. Digging into ancient burial mounds in the Neathiverse? What could possibly go right?[/quote]

Of course there’s also just the basic &quotburrow&quot as in animal’s lair. We’ve already seen giant worms that eat rock-- they gotta live somewhere, right? And surely there are other creatures out there.

To nitpick slightly: it is the last one whose name was given in the storylet, although it’s clear there are more stations after that. I agree that Mound-under-Viewpoint is likely the last or penultimate stop this year. (Also apparently in addition to Burrow Mump, England has three places named Barrow Hill?)

Several notable storylets lock out when &quotInvolved in a Railway Venture&quot is above 120. Most prominently &quotThe Next Stretch of Track,&quot but also asking the Hell-Scarred Gondolier about what’s further West. The inference is that 130 is All The Way West, and we’re not laying track past that. This would imply three more stations past Dirtpile-under-Construction.

Because it opens new possibilities. Even for Poet-Laureate. Chosen few (with false-star ending of certain ambition) could grind Helicon for respectable amount of epa / spa AND side-grind inspired for works at Court.
Or me. I was lucky enough to choose FFG in Elections, so now i can make my Poet-Laureate grind little bit less miserable (g-d i hate this grind!) by converting hedonism into orapples.
Thats why its advisable to participate in everything and open every possibily as fast as possible. Who knows which opportunities lie in terra incognita.
edited by Waterpls on 11/8/2020

How are orange apples involved in the Poet Laureate grind? I’ve just been converting Church favors to Inspired at court.

[quote=PJ]How are orange apples involved in the Poet Laureate grind? I’ve just been converting Church favors to Inspired at court.[/quote]The lead is the best option and it also gives hedonism up to 5.

There are a lot of doubled-up names, as successive invaders stuck their own word for ‘hill’, ‘river’ etc onto the existing name. I live not too far from Bredon Hill, which is Hill Hill Hill in Celtic, Old English and Modern English.
edited by Grouchybeast on 11/8/2020

I’m in a rush because I’m paranoid about successive stations-especially the very last one having higher and higher scrip costs to buy everything on day 1 even though so far the trend hasn’t been so, as well as fretting over rail construction costs. That and forgetting about the grind if I don’t bust out enough skellies until then because of real life commitments. And because I’m a huge lore addict with a raccoon-like compulsion to dig away at anything halfway interesting.
edited by Hattington on 11/9/2020

Hmm, I understand earlier on the dividend rewards weren’t great, but didn’t they adjust that? Currently, with the number of stations so far released, on a per-action basis I have found that the dividend rewards are very profitable–definitely quite a lot more than just riding the train back and forth. Which is as it should be, to make sense. Granted, I have Train Luxuries 6 and a Board that is mostly pretty easy to bamboozle into following my whims (my whims being to wring out ever scrap of profit I can)… and a cat who thankfully seems to have the same whims as me, most of the time.

Hmm, I understand earlier on the dividend rewards weren’t great, but didn’t they adjust that? Currently, with the number of stations so far released, on a per-action basis I have found that the dividend rewards are very profitable–definitely quite a lot more than just riding the train back and forth. Which is as it should be, to make sense. Granted, I have Train Luxuries 6 and a Board that is mostly pretty easy to bamboozle into following my whims (my whims being to wring out ever scrap of profit I can)… and a cat who thankfully seems to have the same whims as me, most of the time.[/quote]

Haven’t checked recently, to be honest. I also had everything maxed out the last time I tried to reap a divided and wasn’t particularly impressed considering I’d effectively need to restock the board with Rumors for when I next need a board meeting-and that was with the minimum number of board members. Seemed like an action sink for really long term grinds.

Currently its 65.5 echo per vote. 2 votes per week = 131e. You can clear debt by inviting TE into board. But you have to kick him next week. So you have to perform 3 votes (one for kick, 2 for dividends). Depending on how many actions you need for vote, its 4-6 EpA.

It’s much worse if you don’t use the Tentacled Entrepreneur exploit and, therefore, have to actually pay off your debt.

Particularly since Helicon House is 5+ EPA all day, every day.

Yeah, dividends are not super good, but worth doing. New stations would not change that much.
Helicon without fate pendant is only 4.18 EpA. With pendant 5.24. Yet another pay-to-win case.
edited by Waterpls on 11/10/2020

Helicon depends on your grind, and you can get up to [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/fallenlondon/comments/j6km81/optimizing_helicon_echo_grind/]4.89 EPA with a reasonable endgame.

Necroing the thread a bit.
I was not paying much attention, but Mond-under-Hill is apparently a home for the Counter-Church. The easiest conclusion is that we will erect a statue of a saint.
Now, the real question is: what have you do to be considered a False Saint of a hellish church?

Any Nemesis with Cloak or anyone with the Fabulous Assistant and maybe all player marriages top 5 epa. Fascinating is the best side grind for Helicon EPA.

Burrow-Infra-Mump content is available. Meaning the next stretch of track, but naturally the station itself is still a little ways off.

In related news, the dirigible mast at Station VIII has a use now.