Bugs and things that bug me

Did you get the yacht deed, then? (thanks to your intrepid investigations I’m finally going to get that frost moth and have it for my hat :) )[li]

Nah. I took the money, so that I could finish out the Horizon Codex. I realized after the fact that the yacht -also- would have gotten me enough cargo space to do the Codex.

And then realized after the fact that I didn’t have a Searing Enigma, and had to flail about a bit to get that and actually finish.

But hey, shiny new Codex. Plus I know more of the possible paths through the Father’s Bones stuff now.

I’m still missing Cosmogone and Gant - I went to hand in my blue scintillack and was surprised to see I had a source of Viric as well (which, if I recall correct, was from Varchas). I’ve propogated five blemmigans so far so I guess Cosmogone will be my next one.

Still missing Viric, suspect my current captain has already completed whatever the new method for getting it is…

Jack - I mentioned the new method upthread a short ways.

So, not sure if it’s a bug or not: but it bothers me that Maybe’s Rival has no dialogue, even as much as “spend secrets to increase Veils”

Never encountered a mirror charm in Varchas, and I know the other way, but it’s getting the recurring event in venderbight that’s doing my head in.

Dumont, the other promoted officers were the same way for quite a while. I’m sure they’ll be adding it in a future update.

Jack, it’s not particularly hidden or anything. The story kind of gently pushes you toward getting one, but if you have reached a point of no return then of course there’s nothing you can do anymore.

[quote=Fretling]
Jack, it’s not particularly hidden or anything. The story kind of gently pushes you toward getting one, but if you have reached a point of no return then of course there’s nothing you can do anymore.[/quote]

Fair enough then, just irritating when the captain in question has done everything else, but is now camping outside venderbight to get the random event which is needed to then fulfill the fathomkings request, which will then complete the ambition :(

Such being life, the sea isn’t fair but it was never supposed to be.

Cheers

The Canimus Yards Avid Suppressor from today’s update (1/17, v 6.4.1810) does not seem to be equippable to a slot. It also does not say which slot it would equip to, but I’m assuming the answer should be “Auxiliary”

Okay, that’s really weird – I seem to have gotten at least SOME of the update content earlier today without actually having updated. Huh??

Maybe it snuck onto your computer a la U2. :)

Saturday update and Sunday hotfix (it appears that the Suppressor is an aft piece) – I hope the Failbetter folks are getting enough rest and nourishment and such.