Bugs and things that bug me

Well, I mean, the original comment did say “has been… for a while now” – though if you insert “planned” between those two phrases, it totally works, haha.

Your third theory is super out there, full marks :D I guess we’ll just have to wait for the announcement that whatever-it-is has been implemented, then we can be loosed upon the mystery like a pack of baying hounds.

Oh, man, giving the other purchasable engines/weaponry some use would be so cool. (I always feel terrible poking the ferret but I will attach strings and put on a shadow-puppet show with His Floppiness if it get me viric)
Weren’t there only two qualities that you got at the end - If you had to make an easter egg or something shouldn’t there be numbers for that quality or something?
In conclusion, VIIIIIRIIIC!

In all honesty I am like 99% sure the second viric source is going to be in Irem. I mean, how could it not?
edited by NiteBrite on 1/13/2015

Yeah, the serpent image is available now for the Magician in Irem again.[li]

[color=#009900]There’ll be a second source of viric in the next update (with luck, tonight), but some longer term players may already have locked themselves out.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]There’ll be a third, reliably available source in an upcoming update.[/color]

Okay, that totally makes me think my theory was correct, for the one that might become available tonight. A third to come as well?? Choices, choices, mysteries and nonlinearity. Wunderbar!

Really looking forward to what happens in the next update. I am happy that we can get some of the other Neathbow colours by various means but I think all of the colours should have alternate sources. A couple, Viric and Violant, are/were dependent on rare/alternate results; then there is Gant which is possible but I don’t really like my captains becoming cannibals or going mad with nightmares. I also locked one captain out of completing the Curator’s Quest by taking the new option at the Uttershroom so couldn’t get Cosmogone :( So we either need new places to propagate Blemmigans or another source for that colour as well.
edited by reveurciel on 1/14/2015

[quote=lady ciel ]Really looking forward to what happens in the next update. I am happy that we can get some of the other Neathbow colours by various means but I think all of the colours should have alternate sources. A couple, Viric and Violant, are/were dependent on rare/alternate results[/quote] Yes! Violant is the one that I have never found. The one event known to trigger it has never popped up for me. Hopefully an alternative source will show up in an update (whenever such an update becomes feasible).

“According to other traditions, the colour of blood shed in a spired place” – sounds like Gaider’s Mourn might be a good candidate, or perhaps Frostfound if you stretch. But mostly Gaider’s Mourn, I’d think.

Also, wasn’t there another interaction somewhere that involved killing some beasties whose blood, we are informed, makes for a highly sought-after ink or dye of some sort? Did I imagine that?

There’s only one accessible source of Violant. Cosmogone and Gant, likewise. The others all have at least two places you can get an item that fulfils the requirement.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 1/15/2015

Oh, I know, I mean a good candidate for future implementation of alternate sources – sorry, didn’t mean to mislead!

edit: also, was no one else sharply disappointed to discover that there was a Gant Pole which couldn’t do anything for you on that front
edited by Fretling on 1/15/2015

[quote=Fretling]&quotAccording to other traditions, the colour of blood shed in a spired place&quot – sounds like Gaider’s Mourn might be a good candidate, or perhaps Frostfound if you stretch. But mostly Gaider’s Mourn, I’d think.

Also, wasn’t there another interaction somewhere that involved killing some beasties whose blood, we are informed, makes for a highly sought-after ink or dye of some sort? Did I imagine that?[/quote]

If you assault a blemmigan colony in a random exploration SAY, and succeed, you see that text.

With all the things that are needed for quests, there should be no random events required to get what’s needed, all of them should be available, difficult to obtain to be sure, but available.

I wish they had an alternate source for Gant. I’d rather not cultivate a dynasty of cannibals.
edited by Bardigan on 1/15/2015

[quote=Bardigan]I wish they had an alternate source for Gant. I’d rather not cultivate a dynasty of cannibals.
edited by Bardigan on 1/15/2015[/quote]

Good sir! To live is to eat, therefore one that not eat is not alive. As such, devouring the remains of a life is not cannibalism, merely pragmatic.

Hey, I think I’ve found what the new viric object is… no idea where you’re meant to get it, but it suggests that mirrorcatch boxes might be involved.

Found this by accident today:

It seems to be the mirror charm from Varchas, or at least, this is one option for it. I haven’t found the serpent one yet, though that looks like it may also work for Virric.

Also, I discovered a bug in the new help arrangement: clicking the storylet and clicking the &quotsell&quot gives you the 50 echoes, but doesn’t take away the item, making it possible to infinite-loop the 50 echoes currently. Not exactly fast money, but free money. (I actually made the profile to post this)
edited by Dumont on 1/16/2015
edited by Dumont on 1/16/2015

Wait, seriously? But Alexis said only one method was added, and someone else said the box worked for Viric also. Huh! I DO have what you said, so I should hop up Venderbight way and check it out.

I’d send that bug in to the official email, btw! Curious, has anyone with a longterm save actually had that advice book? Because I logged in and already hadn’t had it. Not that I don’t appreciate the help interaction being got out of the way, of course, but I wondered if it was deliberate or a different glitch.
edited by Fretling on 1/16/2015

It worked! :3c That definitely wasn’t present before. [li]
edited by fortluna on 1/16/2015

I’d happened to just restart and notice it. I got my first explorer through the Gate today. Huzzah.