Buckets of Neathy Snow lead to Destinies!

A few days ago I managed to acquire a second bucket of Neathy snow. I can’t remember now how I got it - perhaps from the new honey dens in Veilgarden? In any case when I went to investigate what I could do with my second bucket it gave me the option to discover my destiny. The options are delicious shivers.

Has anyone else discovered this option? What destiny did you choose? I am torn between a destiny between stars and a destiny in an imagined wilderness.

Ive… Never seen this. This is interesting. Give me a moment to check it out on an alt.

Yup, a pail of snow and 25 Fate/Nex. It is stated that there are no noew Destinies, so it only allows to choose another from the known ones. Interesting, but for now I’m content with what I have (Parabola Gleam), though I haven’t understood it fully myself.

Alright same futures. Interesting.

Interesting. I did not have to spend any Fate for this. Perhaps because I did not have a destiny? It did have another requirement though which I sadly did not pay enough attention to in my desire to see the options.

The formerly SMEN destiny now requires you to own a ship.

Interesting. I did not have to spend any Fate for this. Perhaps because I did not have a destiny? It did have another requirement though which I sadly did not pay enough attention to in my desire to see the options.[/quote]

It’s possible! I already had a destiny and the storylet included the &quotThis storylet costs 25 Fate to play&quot warning. Also I have it locked, and I don’t really know why - I have both the requisites, or so it seems, but the button is locked for me. Can’t inquire more, I like my destiny and for now I plan to keep it.
edited by streetfelineblue on 12/17/2013

Iiiiiinteresting - this gives us another chance to try to find the Passion destiny. Did we ever determine whether or not Alight With Passion plays into it? Because Esther has both A Little Omen and A Dusty Bookshop in her hand, and I’m willing to have a go at it, but it’d take a lot of Fate to go through all the storylines… and she doesn’t even have any lacre yet!

You can “Gift” lacre to someone by doing the social action thing to clear their doorstep. The code for lacre is still open. What do we know of the passion destiny so far? I dont quite remember hearing about it.

It was the only undiscovered destiny after Hallowmas - you can see it on Alexis’s profile. It was hinted that it tied into the deepest themes of FL’s story, or something like that - being tied to the Alight With Passion mood doesn’t seem a thematic enough connection, but it was a not uncommon piece of speculation.

Interesting! Well we got almost a month to experiment with it.

Is it possible to change the Torment destiny without losing Destin’s?

I find myself wanting to see the final implementation of the destiny mechanic, mostly because presumably there’ll be one. The destinies I received were not at all what I had in mind for my characters, especially given one was intended to Seek and was a little slow.

Presumably not. It did say that if you changed Destin’s, you’d lose the candle.

Hmmm. I want to change my destiny, but my Fate is oh-so limited at the moment… what do…
[li]

starts looking furiously for lacre I came back right after Hallowmas, and I must know my Destiny!

Just a casual reminder not to stress out about the Gleam destiny too much, as Paul and Alexis have admitted that they just like to **** with us occasionally, like with the Enigma ambition[li]

Woops! Passion*
edited by Zephyr15 on 12/17/2013

You mean the Passion destiny, I suppose?

This is an entirely reasonable point, but let me go on record again as saying the Passion Destiny is not a joke and is achievable (with considerable difficulty).

Alexis! You forgot to green!

Anyway - oh boy, I guess this is about to turn into another episode of tail-chasing? Or are we still too tired out from last time?
[li]
edited by Laluzi on 12/17/2013

Could someone remind me what the Passion destiny is?