Been Here Long?

I’ve been here about a year and a half now and obviously haven’t made much progress for the amount of time spent in the Neath. Though I seem to be incompetent below the Surface I wouldn’t go back for all the riches of the Bazaar.

October 18, 1892, i.e. A little over a year. I remember Hallowmas and being rather grateful for the menace reductions! But I wish I hadn’t picked my destiny then - I think I would choose differently now.[li]

And, for my own curiosity, I made POSI on January 2, 1893.
edited by Parelle on 12/8/2015

I’ve been in the Neath more than 5 years. Not quite in at the beginning, so to speak, but close to it.

For exactly one month and one week, today.

You should be in the Young Turks, Morcant. It pays to be social!

– Mal

Same here, and I avoided browser games in general because I didn’t like the way they forced me to log in often to avoid losing my progress. What drew me into Fallen London, apart from its wonderful story, was that I could put it aside for however long I wanted and I’d find my character in pretty much the same place upon my return (no Notability to worry about then). Of course I never did put it aside, though it’s still too early to say. I’ve been here just over five months, since 3 July, and I consider myself lucky for my timing: I had time to familiarise myself with the game without being affected by any great upheavals (and I could enjoy the Fruits of the Zee festival as a relative newcomer). I became a PoSI shortly before Hallowmas, at which point everything became frantic because of how the Festival of Masks works (which is when I started posting here), in addition to the flood of new options.

I was worried that I’d have no time to breathe afterwards, amid the preparations for Sacksmas and then the Exceptional Rose, though it turns out things are a little calmer than I had expected. Is there anyone else who resents a little how closely spaced the three festivals are? Or is it just for new players? I haven’t had the chance to go to Zee yet, and I haven’t started the Flint story either. I suppose this means I’ll have material to go through for quite a while yet, but that thing about being able to look away for a while? I hate losing actions, but I also miss that a bit. I actually enjoy a little grinding when it gives me the opportunity to read something else. (A bit of a short attention span, I suppose; I enjoy variety in my activities.)

Having started a couple of weeks before Hallowmas and making PoSI just last week, I have never really been in a situation where things were not frantic (and plotting social schemes to exploit the holidays hasn’t made it any easier!). On the one hand, it has allowed me to make a lot of progress quickly (I could never have picked up 4 Notability so quickly without the Sacksmas cards, for example), on the other, the social entanglements may have slowed my progress somewhat (especially taking off most of Hallowmas to send menaces to other people). On the gripping hand, there is a huge amount to do already, and I haven’t even opened up Mahogany Hall or the Labyrinth. It can be a bit overwhelming at times, what? One does need to stay focussed.

– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]You should be in the Young Turks, Morcant. It pays to be social!

– Mal[/quote]

I shall make my way there a propos. In fact I have considered it earlier, but, alas, forgot to actually make the post.