Been Here Long?

I’ve joined up for almost a year now! I found Fallen London on a games site I used to visit, but I didn’t start playing in earnest until I got my hands on Sunless Sea. I’ve never looked back since.

3 january 2011 at 16:23 says Twitter :) I subscribe to the forum in december of the same year.

I’m new myself. Only been playing this marvelous title since March, I believe.

This is, roughly, my 1 year aniversary. I’ve already visited just about all the standard game areas, and i’ve gotten my own little grinding obsessions (who has the most tears of the bazaar at the moment, btw?) for lack of anything better to do.

My first echo is from 01 April, 1891 though I believe I started playing several months before that as I believe I was there (and somewhat established) for Feast of the Exceptional Rose

So somewhere just under three years

Almost exactly a year ago. I remember showing up at the end of Hallowmas, randomly picking a lame destiny and telling Huffam to bugger off. Ah, those were the days.
I’ve come a long way since then, but the people who’s been playing for 3+ years fascinate me. I wonder, does it get boring? Do you still play 24/7, trying not to lose a single action?

I believe the answer is March of this year, just a tad too late to enjoy the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

[quote=Danko] the people who’s been playing for 3+ years fascinate me. I wonder, does it get boring?[/quote]Sometimes, but never for long.

[quote=Danko]Do you still play 24/7, trying not to lose a single action?[/quote]Whenever possible.

Boring might be the wrong the word, but before we had Exceptional Stories, you just ran out of useful things to do at some point. Just before Hallowmas, I’ve come back from a four month break. That was my longest break ever, though I had a few shorter ones over the years. But the world itself - no, that never gets boring!

I never did that in the first place.

I joined during the last Feast of the Exceptional Rose, in February, so it’s been, what, nine, ten months? Nine, ten very thrilling months. Fallen London is the very first browser game to actually convince me to spend money on it.

I have played nearly every day since I found Fallen London. Unless I haven’t had access to a computer or the internet and then I want to be back in the Neath as soon as possible. There is just something about FL that holds my attention and I love being here.

A handful of months. Some full days of research to sate a curiosity the pace of the story would not allow of me. Some more full days of getting friends into it and surreptitiously marrying one for the pretty stat bonuses.

Like Ciel, I’m on almost every day at least once, and even then I feel bad about not using up my actions as soon as they’re filled up again. The Neath is a fascinating place both as a game and as a setting, and every little piece I collect about it makes me delight in it all the more.
edited by Amyntas on 11/10/2015

[quote=Danko]Almost exactly a year ago. I remember showing up at the end of Hallowmas, randomly picking a lame destiny and telling Huffam to bugger off. Ah, those were the days.
I’ve come a long way since then, but the people who’s been playing for 3+ years fascinate me. I wonder, does it get boring? Do you still play 24/7, trying not to lose a single action?[/quote]

I’ll take a stab at answering that.

I don’t play as religiously as I used to–except when new content becomes available! :-) Nowadays, I’m content to play just a few candles worth of actions a day–it feels like hanging out at a friend’s house; odd, untidy perhaps, but familiar and fun.

March 1889 / 2011.

I haven’t played religiously, and yes, it gets boring at times. I’ll sometimes lose interest and wander away, but it always seems to pull me back. Especially the Festivals.

You can tell I’m invested, though - the most notable time I stopped playing was when the first Destinies came out. I was decidedly not happy with the Destiny I got - the Liberation of Night was so depressing, I stopped playing for a few months.

More tellingly, being the sort of person I am, I keep wanting to try my hand at writing a Fallen London story - I just really don’t have the time.

This thread piqued my interest. I knew I had been playing for a few years off and on (I went on hiatus several times due to Life Stuff), but I wasn’t sure exactly how long. So, I did a little poking around in my old Twitter account.

Turns out the earliest tweet I have that mentions Fallen London dates to November 4th, 2010. Five years and a week, exactly.

About 2 weeks.
Noob alert turns on

August, 2015.

Time flies by? I thought I was here for years.

I started playing in August 2012. I’ve had my ups and downs, but I’ve largely played every action everyday. You couldn’t tell this from looking at my account though. It’s as if I’ve hardly progressed at all.

This is because I play this game as if I was Penelope, Odysseus’s wife, weaving the burial shroud of his father to delay pushy suitors. By day I make progress, but by night I unravel my work piece by piece. They say my faith is misplaced, that the man is drowned. They say the traveller will not return. But for three years now I have kept faithful, weaving away eternity as for a reckoning that cannot be postponed. Not indefinitely. Not for long.

Just over three years, it seems - or alternatively, a couple of months shorter than NiteBrite, but never as devotedly :). Much less intense about using actions than I used to be - and my alts are on long-term hiatus; just too much of a time sink :).

I believe I made my account in late 2012 and played sporadically for about a year, and then didn’t play at all for six months or so. For the last year and a half I’ve been playing steadily enough to max out my stats, have a really cool wedding, and accomplish a number of other achievements, but I’ve never been anywhere near as intense as many other players.