Bag a Legend, Part 1

[quote=The Curious Watcher]Does anyone know what Mr Fires is doing with his factory of forged coins? I have the coin on my mantelpiece at the moment, but after biting Mr Fires, I wasn’t able to talk to him afterwards.

Journal entry links about the different outcomes upon visiting the Workshop of the Khan of Silks would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

I chose the talk option…and then got straight to the biting. Dammed if I wasn’t going to abuse that unconventional dentistry, and didn’t want to lose the option.

Maybe I could have actually found out something beforehand? Had like 30 on the veils disguise quality too, possibly should have made use of that.

Oh well, this is what we get for pushing ahead…hopefully someone else will try it and share.

So what do you need to get that, then?

I know there’s an opportunity to ask the Numismatrix about the coin in your lab. I aim to do that when I’m free

Honestly, I didn’t even know that was an option. Apparently the Numismatrix’s last card option (the one that costs two investigation secrets) causes her to leave your service early, so I had pay up another 50 First City Coins from my own pocket to verify your claim. It’s a good thing that I have a lot from converting Cellars of Wine to Airag for the Noman tattoo grind.

It’s pretty cryptic, all things considered. I wonder if this mystery will be resolved in the next Bag a Legend updates.
edited by The Curious Watcher on 3/5/2020

Here’s the start of my entries.

I used April’s device, talked to Mr Fires until he had no more to say, bit him until I failed the check, and then left. Results not seen: talking to him right off the bat, looking around the workshop, any failures for the disguise stat checks.

Here’s the start of my entries.

I used April’s device, talked to Mr Fires until he had no more to say, bit him until I failed the check, and then left. Results not seen: talking to him right off the bat, looking around the workshop, any failures for the disguise stat checks.
[/quote]

Wait, you could bite him more than once?? Biting him once ejected me from the story. Did something go wrong?

Apparently it was supposed to be a way to increase your disguise mid-conversation, not an alternate path through the event.

Edit: Apparently anyone who missed out can contact support to get the full experience!
edited by Optimatum on 3/6/2020

[quote=Optimatum]Apparently it was supposed to be a way to increase your disguise mid-conversation, not an alternate path through the event.

Edit: Apparently anyone who missed out can contact support to get the full experience!
edited by Optimatum on 3/6/2020[/quote]
Does that mean that the other Masters expect him to bite them or something?

I got an Element of Dawn from observing the factory without speaking while at the workshop.

I had been waiting a few days for someone to update the Wiki and … nothing.

I added the most recent pages about this wiki.

Come on, you louts - if you are going to discuss the Ambition update here, do every other player a favour and help contribute to the wiki too.
edited by Rostygold on 3/7/2020

Where do you get explosives (Perfumed Gunpowder and Hillmovers) for your lab? I’ve searched whole London, with no luck.

well I got perfumed gunpowder from a trance dream with the widow as a midnighter but I assume there must be more ways to get it

well I got perfumed gunpowder from a trance dream with the widow as a midnighter but I assume there must be more ways to get it[/quote]

I can only help you with this picture from Discord:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/642350215382433822/684438444717375581/SPOILER_unknown.png?width=779&height=576

Also there’s no way to get Cataleptic Toxicology at the moment, right?

Unless you got one specific Fate companion at the FotER, not yet.

Is it possible to rebuild your disguise in lodgings to finish a conversation in the factory? Or the story is locked on leaving?

For the most part, no. There is only one attempt at a conversation with Mr Fires at the factory, then you leave and get rid of your disguise.

It seems that there was a glitch that prematurely kicked players out of the conversation when they bit Mr Fires, and Failbetter sent access codes to them to repeat the conversation. To my knowledge, that bug has been fixed and players from now on will only have one chance to explore the dialogue with Mr Fires.

Just for future players, failing the Shadowy check at biting Mr Fires will not immediately kick you out and will remove some Impersonating quality, so you are free to try as many times as you like if you have high Shadowy and Second Chances.

Ooh, the lab work part is implemented like the Broad Unterzee - unlimited cards, three-card slots. The player character can just pop in and out with two actions, and return to London proper with a full stack of cards.

Whee.

Also, come on. Am I the only one doing the wiki updates now?
edited by Rostygold on 3/9/2020

I suspect that most players able to play the content hurried through it rather than slow down to document. You won’t have to do it all yourself though! Tuesday I have a whole morning free to record ;)

I can’t navigate wiki editing but if you need information I can PM you my documentation on BaL and lab content. (I also have a document for Nemesis and expect to continue recording for other ambitions.)