Are you unable to login to the game?

These days, every time around 3 am GMT, I cannot access the game.

I made some interesting speculations:

<The new mayor deliberately sabotaged the server, causing all Londoners to disappear>

<The latest discovery is that FF’s electric powered car caused the server to be electrocuted and short-circuited!>

Whose idea was it to trust a cat with a server, anyway?

Did you ‘strategically’ equip the correct outfit at 2:59?

Me neither.

Still, can’t deny this is a good error message:

“Something terrible has happened. Perhaps a server has shattered in a spray of sparks, or a database flared and guttered like a dying star. More likely the Bazaar has hiccupped, or twitched in its sleep, and you are the victim of inexplicable but transient circumstances.”

[quote=yetanotherone]Did you ‘strategically’ equip the correct outfit at 2:59?

Me neither.

Still, can’t deny this is a good error message:

&quotSomething terrible has happened. Perhaps a server has shattered in a spray of sparks, or a database flared and guttered like a dying star. More likely the Bazaar has hiccupped, or twitched in its sleep, and you are the victim of inexplicable but transient circumstances.&quot[/quote]

It may be my favorite error message. “… flared and guttered like a dying star.”

Just want everyone to know that if you are so nude you don’t even have a destiny anymore, you are not alone. That’s kinda happening with this whole server deal!

I blame the Visountess. She pushed a cup of coffee into the server or has fallen asleep on it and caused it to overheat. This is what happens when you let cats run things!

#NotMyMayor

I can’t get back into the game right now (12:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, i.e., New York time). So it’s 5:30 a.m. GMT. Clearly the Viscountess needs to get better servers! :-)

Haven’t been able to do anything for awhile now. Fallen London has truly fallen.

This happens pretty regularly and happens in the middle of the day in Australia. Very annoying.

I’ve gotten multiple servers shattering in sprays of sparks, randomly getting logged out and loading screens that stay loading forever, etc.

Don’t know how much I can blame the game though, my home internet has been unreliable all week, so it might partly be that.

[quote=NotaWalrus]I’ve gotten multiple servers shattering in sprays of sparks, randomly getting logged out and loading screens that stay loading forever, etc.

Don’t know how much I can blame the game though, my home internet has been unreliable all week, so it might partly be that.[/quote]
It’s really the servers exploding this time - been down for hours now.

Especially annoying since I’d just gotten to Jericho Locks and spent some of my remaining fate on actions so I could wander around and do stuff. Oh well, at least I got some housework done today.

It got back up at 8.00 am GMT and now it’s on the fritz again.

Servers haven’t had coffee yet.

Hello, I’m here to join the Exiles of Fallen London Club and if it’s as bad as it was yesterday support should probably fix it around 5:20ish pm in my timezone.

And to everyone blaming the Viscountess: SHAME on you all, for confusing the symptom with the cure. Didn’t she warn you about the Fingerkings being particularly active in recent times? Didn’t she specifically reach out to Londoners in a call to arms against their depradations! Now I put it to you: The Fingerkings are said to rule the lands behind glass, and the most well known portals to those lands are of course mirrors. But. What material are the screens of your computers, phones and other electronic devices made of?

The Viscountess TRIED TO WARN US.

[quote=Hattington]
And to everyone blaming the Viscountess: SHAME on you all, for confusing the symptom with the cure. Didn’t she warn you about the Fingerkings being particularly active in recent times? Didn’t she specifically reach out to Londoners in a call to arms against their depradations! Now I put it to you: The Fingerkings are said to rule the lands behind glass, and the most well known portals to those lands are of course mirrors. But. What material are the screens of your computers, phones and other electronic devices made of?

The Viscountess TRIED TO WARN US.[/quote]
Well before the Viscountess started a war we had working servers, now we have war and I can’t login anymore. Coincide? I think not.

[quote=Asarta][quote=Hattington]

The Viscountess TRIED TO WARN US.[/quote]
Well before the Viscountess started a war we had working servers, now we have war and I can’t login anymore. Coincide? I think not.[/quote]

And I’m sure the recent trend for Londoners offering goldfish, lizards, weasels and seven-headed birds who can spit lumps of insincerity explosive enough to move a hill which happened not long before the current issues had absolutely nothing to do with our present situation.

Also in all seriousness, the private browsing thing worked briefly for me when I first tried it but not long after it converting resources got slower and slower, and while moving to the Flit to try and burn my precious actions on heist preparations so at least they were used for SOMETHING the game once again crashed with Our Apologies.

It’s worse than yesterday. At the moment, the game doesn’t recognise my sign-in at all. Switching browser helped for a bit, but then I got stuck in a card. Giving up for now.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 8/2/2020

[quote=Hattington]
Also in all seriousness, the private browsing thing worked briefly for me when I first tried it but not long after it converting resources got slower and slower, and while moving to the Flit to try and burn my precious actions on heist preparations so at least they were used for SOMETHING the game once again crashed with Our Apologies.[/quote]
Same, I either endlessly get the Our Apologies screen or it just keeps on loading

Mine’s just hanging on the loading wheel.

Also if you reload to the page and the lore anecdotes aren’t on the right…you’re in the cached local instance and not connected to the Servers.
edited by Deathjack999 on 8/2/2020

I mean… I’m doing it myself as well, but we’re probably not helping server load by refreshing all the time.