Are you unable to login to the game?

Agggh, how am I going to spend my day without staring at my actions candle? All is not well.

Exactly what am I supposed to do now?

Play some other game for your weekend.

Play some other game for your weekend.[/quote]
Oh there is always wiki editing to be done

Exactly what am I supposed to do now?[/quote]

I would say play Rat Sending Simulator 2kXX, bit it’s just not the same. I would also try hijack this thread and divert it towards what other games everyone enjoys when they’re not playing Fallen London, but I’d get hit hard enough with the Banhammer (+5 Dreaded) to send me to the boatman. And I’m not curious enough to create a new one.

Long story short, do what you want everybody! RoyalRaven is free! Free! He can enjoys the outside world now OH WAIT.

I can access… my 40 actions are here waiting to be spent, but I have 0 storylets and 0 cards, can’t access item storylets ._.

Just refreshed, I now have 0 action (on just the one candle XD what happened to the second candle Ö), 0 cards and 0 storylets xD

I was looking forward to playing FL but it has been terribly sluggish the last few days. Then yesterday and today the servers have completely crashed.

I know it is Sunday morning in the UK but I do hope that someone at Failbetter can fix the problem soon.

Yep, can confirm. I’ve reported it, got a “It should be fixed now!” reply…nope. Figured it was a gamewide issue, would be weird if it didn’t work on my tablet, phone, or desktop, and it was just me. Here’s hoping we can get back in soon, I’ve got birds to study!

[quote=MourseNourse]I can access… my 40 actions are here waiting to be spent, but I have 0 storylets and 0 cards, can’t access item storylets ._.

Just refreshed, I now have 0 action (on just the one candle XD what happened to the second candle Ö), 0 cards and 0 storylets xD[/quote]

I briefly got access with no cards or storylet, refreshed and it’s back to the error screen.

Still down? Huh. Who knew Fingerkings could also possess a server?

I’m reassured it’s not just me. So… what’s everyone’s favourite item to collect? I have 77’777 rats. Smiles disconcertingly

[quote=Shalinoth]I’m reassured it’s not just me. So… what’s everyone’s favourite item to collect? I have 77’777 rats. Smiles disconcertingly[/quote] Without being able to check my inventory, I’m forced to conclude items never really existed and are, in fact, well disguised dream snakes who are currently partying it up in our many residences.

It’s back up!

I’ve been able to connect and play flawlessly just now.

Mine’s working fine at the moment too!

…show of hands, who’s sinking all their actions on their favourite grind right now so they’ll have done something useful with them if the worst happens again? I vaguely remember the lag started about 30 minutes from now for me in the past 2 days, so I just burned everything on Flit prep.

[quote=Hattington]Mine’s working fine at the moment too!

…show of hands, who’s sinking all their actions on their favourite grind right now so they’ll have done something useful with them if the worst happens again? I vaguely remember the lag started about 30 minutes from now for me in the past 2 days, so I just burned everything on Flit prep.[/quote]
Yep, I’m trying to make sure that I burn all my actions down at lunchtime (~2:30 UTC) in case the servers go NORTH.

[quote=Failbetter Games]Coffee for your troubles
03 August 2020
We apologise for the downtime over the weekend. We had intermittent database issues and are working to prevent it happening again. To help you make up for lost time, have two cups of coffee on us. The code will be valid until Monday 17th August. [/quote]

It’s happening again. Again, it began to happen from 5.00 am GMT.

I has the same problem for a few minutes but its working again for me

[quote=Ulysses Kingfisher][quote=Failbetter Games]Coffee for your troubles
03 August 2020
We apologise for the downtime over the weekend. We had intermittent database issues and are working to prevent it happening again. To help you make up for lost time, have two cups of coffee on us. The code will be valid until Monday 17th August. [/quote][/quote]

I’d just like to give some massive kudos to the support team for the excellent service they’ve been providing, especially relative to certain other online games. I really appreciate the consideration and dilligence being shown, considering I suspect I live in a very different time to post here and I’ve been receiving updates from them on the situation punctually. Hats off to them for helping me get back in the game!