Anything after "A serious offer"?

If I get my &quotAn Intimate of Devils&quot quality to 18 will that open up new cards?

A serious offer is the end of it.

It’s also the only way to be forever rid of them. The quality goes to 20 after selling your soul successfully, and they’ll never bother you again (even if you regain your soul).

Not so. My main has actually sold her soul at least twice, regained it, and gotten the cards that start the Intimate of Devils business all over again after she had her soul back. Probably the only way to be rid of the cards is to sell your soul and NOT get it back. Make sure you get a good price. I did, both times; that’s some consolation, at least , for the whole sorry affair.
edited by cathyr19355 on 12/17/2016

Did you sell your soul to someone else? To my knowledge it’ll only set the quality to 20 if you sell to the Affectionate Devil or Quiet Deviless.

This, if you sell your soul to them you will never see them again, but if you sell it to someone else, they will appear again when you have it back.

Also, this is not the only way to get rid of them, a mention of a stained soul will instantly make them ignore you forever.

This, if you sell your soul to them you will never see them again, but if you sell it to someone else, they will appear again when you have it back.

Also, this is not the only way to get rid of them, a mention of a stained soul will instantly make them ignore you forever.[/quote]

I have heard that if you clean your stains by Flint, they will return?

Also, this is not the only way to get rid of them, a mention of a stained soul will instantly make them ignore you forever.[/quote]

I have heard that if you clean your stains by Flint, they will return?[/quote]

Since the card to begin the story is only locked by the stains, yes, they will return if you do that.

Is there a way to get the devils to bugger off, permanently? I dove into the Neath quite some time ago, and while I will dabble in the pleasures afforded to me, my soul is strictly off limits. I’m tired of these cut-rate telemarketers constantly knocking at my door…
Also, for the same reason that I will not be selling my soul, I am not entertaining staining my soul either.
edited by arvex88 on 12/17/2016

[quote=arvex88]Is there a way to get the devils to bugger off, permanently? I dove into the Neath quite some time ago, and while I will dabble in the pleasures afforded to me, my soul is strictly off limits. I’m tired of these cut-rate telemarketers constantly knocking at my door…
Also, for the same reason that I will not be selling my soul, I am not entertaining staining my soul either.
edited by arvex88 on 12/17/2016[/quote]

Sadly, if you don’t want to sell your soul to them or stain it there is no way to get rid of them, you can show them how much you hate them as much as you want but they will keep coming back.

The Master wrote: [quote]Sadly, if you don’t want to sell your soul to them or stain it there is no way to get rid of them, you can show them how much you hate them as much as you want but they will keep coming back.[/quote]
Ah, devils. As pesky as roaches they are. No wonder the Bishop gets you to thump them all in the Labyrinth.

[quote=Insatiably Yours]Also, for the same reason that I will not be selling my soul, I am not entertaining staining my soul either.
edited by arvex88 on 12/17/2016[/quote]
But it’s such a rewarding enterprise!

… but the author does believe you can get rid of their attentions one other way: tank the ‘Intimate’ quality (just snub them, that should come easy) down to zero, and then avoid getting Connected:Hell to higher than 2. Which of course might mean you’d have to tank that also, first. And might be unfavourable regarding a couple options somewhere. And after all, will ultimately just serve to remove one more single card (‘A Devil has taken a shine to you’) from your deck.

But if it’s a matter of principles… well, it should work. :)

Well, two cards, the other one being “A Consideration for Services Rendered”.

Which is also a rubbish card, so, plus!

So let me change that to: avoid Connected:Hell completely. Better safe than sorry. :D

Hopefully it will be a bit more valuable once it’s a favor trade in.

… but the author does believe you can get rid of their attentions one other way: tank the ‘Intimate’ quality (just snub them, that should come easy) down to zero, and then avoid getting Connected:Hell to higher than 2. Which of course might mean you’d have to tank that also, first. And might be unfavourable regarding a couple options somewhere. And after all, will ultimately just serve to remove one more single card (‘A Devil has taken a shine to you’) from your deck.

But if it’s a matter of principles… well, it should work. :)[/quote]

If you are a mad man who would keep a connection at 0 after Failbetter said that the faction will be moved to the favours and renown system after the urchins, then you can do this, but note that once the favours and renown system gets added for Hell the card will either require renown or nothing, so if you aren’t careful and it requires renown you may still be locked out of getting rid of the card there.

I actually tried this on my alt, and it turns out that at Intimate of Devils 2 you get only cards that increase the quality–even the &quotreject&quot option causes them to be more interested in you, because you’re &quotplaying hard to get&quot.

I actually tried this on my alt, and it turns out that at Intimate of Devils 2 you get only cards that increase the quality–even the &quotreject&quot option causes them to be more interested in you, because you’re &quotplaying hard to get&quot.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure only one card has that, and only that, so you just need to avoid that specific card.

I actually tried this on my alt, and it turns out that at Intimate of Devils 2 you get only cards that increase the quality–even the &quotreject&quot option causes them to be more interested in you, because you’re &quotplaying hard to get&quot.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure only one card has that, and only that, so you just need to avoid that specific card.[/quote]

Nope, there’s another card at that level, which has only one option, and that option also raises the quality.