Any end-game grinds you're focusing on?

Now that I just today hit 15 Notability, I am getting my last four factions to Renown 40, which will be all but Revolutionaries (who I can’t raise without contributing to the liberation of night AND harming my hedonist) and Hell (which is 0). That will be all others at 40 with Bohemian 50 and Society, Great Game, and Tomb Colonists well above 40. I will raise them more as my stats go up.

Trying to get Hedonist 15, which is depressingly difficult given I hit Hedonists boosts constantly that I can’t benefit from. That my Melancholy is higher than my Hedonist is crazy and a very inaccurate picture of my character.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Sara Hysaro is currently grinding for Hesperidean Cider to add to her Wines collection. I could have afforded it probably close to a year ago if I were inclined to sell the latter, but I am a stubborn individual.

Madison Lavery, on the other hand, is currently grinding for both a Heptagoat and Procurer of Savage Beasts 88. She should be close to the former of these two goals fairly soon - I’m less than an Overgoat away in terms of total worth.

Gloria Marie Valdez is currently going for Paramount Presence, which will be a lengthy enough process that I am content not having a clue what she’ll do after that at this point.[/quote]

You make me feel like I have achieved nothing.

I mean granted you’ve been here like 5 years longer, but still.

[quote=Pumpkinhead][quote=Sara Hysaro]Sara Hysaro is currently grinding for Hesperidean Cider to add to her Wines collection. I could have afforded it probably close to a year ago if I were inclined to sell the latter, but I am a stubborn individual.

Madison Lavery, on the other hand, is currently grinding for both a Heptagoat and Procurer of Savage Beasts 88. She should be close to the former of these two goals fairly soon - I’m less than an Overgoat away in terms of total worth.

Gloria Marie Valdez is currently going for Paramount Presence, which will be a lengthy enough process that I am content not having a clue what she’ll do after that at this point.[/quote]

You make me feel like I have achieved nothing.

I mean granted you’ve been here like 5 years longer, but still.[/quote]

Fear not! I’ve been here…since shortly after Fallen London went live, and there’s an amazing amount of stuff I haven’t managed to achieve just yet.

Would the Noman Tattoo qualify as a late-game grind? Because if so, I’m working on that, one Airag at a time.

I was GOING to go for some ridiculous quantity of Connoisseur of Neathy Delights, but opportunites to increase that beyond 10 are few and far between. I could go to Scandalous Exile a bunch of times in a row, perhaps, but for now I’ll delay that.
edited by ReusedNPC on 10/8/2017

I thought I had maxed Church at 55. Even with a purely Watchful Destiny, I’d fall 3 Watchful short of being able to go up one more level. What maxed Watchful item am I missing? I have everything in the Bazaar and all of the faction items.

At any rate, I’m happy with my current Destiny, so I won’t be able to get there. I’m currently working on Hesperidean Cider and Paramount Presence, and should have those wrapped up in December and January, respectively (unless the new Court and Dilmun content absorbs a lot of my time). I’m also working on raising every faction to the highest possible level (without Destiny changes), which will probably take another year’s worth of drawing Mood cards. (I miss my weekly visits to the Cave of the Nadir so much…). And I’ll finally address Enigma.

But what I’ll do for my day-to-day grind after January, I don’t know. I’m not very interested in Scarlet Saint or the Noman Tattoo, but I might attempt them, lacking other things to do. I badly want a Blemmigan Secretary and a Crimson Book, but there’s not much I can do about that but be patient and hope. I’ve obtained every item and quality I’m able to obtain (or my character is willing to obtain). There’s always the Heptagoat, of course, but I’m not a goat fanatic. I may have to dedicate myself to pursuing an absurdly high amount of a particular quality. And creating an Alt.

I thought I had maxed Church at 55. Even with a purely Watchful Destiny, I’d fall 3 Watchful short of being able to go up one more level. What maxed Watchful item am I missing? I have everything in the Bazaar and all of the faction items.[/quote]

By my count you’d need 330 Watchful and the max possible is 327, yeah. You’d need to be further overcapped through a bug, and to my knowledge the only time that’s ever been possible was in The Twelve-Fifteen From Moloch Street, and was promptly fixed.

Beyond the usuals (Goats, Scrap Items, Paramount, One of Every Item From Store, etc) there is one thematic grind that I’m going for.

I’ve got my Blooming Spider-Council, 777 sorrow-spiders big. The next obvious step is 7000 more spiders to make a Fecund Spider-Council/Fledgling Spider-Senate.

Aren’t those qualities (thief and duelist) capped at 50?

As for me, working to get 11+2 Master connections (3 more special books and 1 extra cp from Dream card or 400E of books), increasing the number of Tears as a backup using cards only, Fidgeting for Whispers (almost 300 Threnodies) and gaining one level/week of a certain quality until the Feast. After it, I’ll hope to get a certain Vial before a certain gentleman may appear (Crimson book).

EDIT: you can check my signature for extra ideas.
edited by Skinnyman on 10/9/2017

I’m pretty sure they’re uncapped, but if I do run into one I’ll update the wiki to reflect that.

I just finished my Renown grinding to 40 (although I still need to pick up the last Revolutionaries item). I want to get Urchins and Constables to 50, but that will have to wait for overcapping.

Paramount Presence is on the list, but it will have to wait until I get my Fluke Core (still need 4 more Fecund Amber). I’m close to having all the scrap items in preparation for that.

I’m 3 out of 5 Tears to Master’s Blood. I may aim for a Noman Tattoo in 2019.

Then it’s Heptagoat and Experienced Zailor 20 (almost to 15 right now).

Is that still possible? I was under the impression that was retired completely.

Unless you’re not talking about De Gustibus?

Skinnyman is referring to grinding a Vial of Master’s Blood just in case De Gustibus reappears sometime. After all, think of how irritating it would be if it got un-retired and you weren’t ready.

When she’s done pushing Bag a Legend as far as currently possible, Lady Orosenn will return to stubbornly zailing the Unterzee until she has capped A Zee-Voyager of Note (20, currently at 13), and further add to her already impressive collection of Live Specimens (currently: 176) and Carved Ivory (currently: 159).

Apart from that, I already have one character who’s a Scarlet Saint, and one with Changed by the Iron Republic 100. I need nothing else. :P
edited by phryne on 10/9/2017

Right now, getting Renown 40 with my last four factions is my “foreground” grind, aka my action dump (via Jenny’s school). The ones remaining are all in the 28-30 range, so probably not too much longer.

My main “background” grinds are the Noman tatoo and Paramount Presence. They are goals, but I advance them mostly by Opportunity Cards. Mostly it means I spend my Favors towards particular goals rather than strictly prioritizing EPA. I started working on the Noman around February, and I currently have 37 Night-Whispers and 13 Tears. I got my first London’s Organism quality yesterday, after acquiring the last Scrap item.

Come next year, I think that Paramount Presence will become my dedicated “foreground” grind, especially Sanguine Ribbons. I’m thinking that a Heptagoat will be my next goal–Cider seems too long, and going for the Heptagoat gives several intermediate achievements.

I used to have Prophet of the Gutter (newspaper title) as a background goal as well, but I could only advance it via the Nadir (converting Dramatic Tension to Whirring Contraptions). Now that I’m overcapped, I will probably be avoiding the Nadir for a while, so there goes that. My other soft goal is Terms as Governor, but that one keeps you out of London for stretches of time, and may be affected by Returning to Court, when that launches.

The Heptagoat is more expensive than Cider, my dude.

My current foreground grind is for PP and I’m hoping to get that soonish since I’m almost at my third quality. In the background I’m grinding for my second set of top tier scrap items. Perhaps one day there will be something worth trading in a whole set for? Might also get a second Impossible Theirem. Contemplating whether it’ll be worthwhile to go back to the nadir after hitting PP, for rewards and a second fluke core. Also in the background is grinding echoes for cider. Though it’s a vague goal more than anything.

I’ve saved lots of ESes in favour of grinding more aggressively and there’s the Light Fingers update to go for once I’ve hit PP. I’m sure there’ll be something else to do once I’ve cleared all that.

[quote=Optimatum]
The Heptagoat is more expensive than Cider, my dude.[/quote]
The Treachery of Arithmetic

The Heptagoat is more expensive than Cider, my dude.[/quote]

By less than 10%, by my count. And it has those nice intermediate goals, so it does not seem longer.

Going for Paramount Presence right now (just about halfway there). I want to get the Shadowy quality by way of the 4 top-tier scrap items, and I’m 700 scraps shy of my final one.

Other goals: all renown 40 items, Noman tattoo, and the Cider (about 40% of the way there)

Reading these makes my Notability grind (I’m only at 2) seem like a walk in the park