Any end-game grinds you're focusing on?

Hello, all. I’ve recently hit my goal of obtaining Renown 56 with the Church, and now I’m a bit lost on endgame grinds to do. I’m not yet a Paramount Presence, so I still have those Notability grinds to hit up, and I don’t have a Firkin of Hesperidean Cider (That’s a long ways off). Still, are there any specific ludicrous grinds that any of you are doing/interested in doing?

Just heptagoat. And by the time I get it they’ll have probably introduced an even harder to get goat and I’ll put my fist through my screen :P

Trying to get my Renown: Revolutionaries to 50

Some things I’ll work on eventually: every tier 8 item (1.5k echoes), Renown 50 with every faction, SotC 21, all three newspaper qualities to 10, 12 terms as governor, Honoured with a Statue 2, a Noman tattoo, max Advancing the Liberation of Night, many many chess victories and sanguine ribbons.

I’ve always been confused by this. Is this only attainable by resetting the Jack of Smiles case and completing it thrice?

I’m simultaneously working on Cider, pan-Renown 50, scrapgrind, SMEN, and Paramount Presence.

Weep for me.

I’ve always been confused by this. Is this only attainable by resetting the Jack of Smiles case and completing it thrice?[/quote]
Exactly. Completing it gives 1 CP of the quality rather than a level.

I wish all the tier 8 items were available through some sort of upward conversion. The top tiers of Rags, Wild Words, Rumours, and Infernal items are predominantly scrap-only, which is rather disappointing.

Working on: getting Hesperidean Cider; becoming a Paramount Presence; obtaining all of the reward items for Renown in each Faction. When I have all of the Faction items, I may try to max out all the Factions to 50–because of high Connected values I have two at 50 already.

I’ve always been confused by this. Is this only attainable by resetting the Jack of Smiles case and completing it thrice?[/quote]
Exactly. Completing it gives 1 CP of the quality rather than a level.[/quote]
Ah, that is very interesting! Another interesting subtlety I had no idea existed. Well, at least this gives me an excuse to restart the story so I can raise an Annoyance to Jack of Smiles to four. Was always annoyed at myself for forgetting to do that before finally ridding London of the b_____d.

At the moment, a few things. I’m working on getting ALL the Paramount Presence requirements (I should be able to get Paramount Presence actually if I got a shadowy requirement… and all that dang notability), and at the current time I’m mostly focusing on getting scraps for some of my remaining relicker items for one shadowy requirement (and amassing wines to eventually turn into Master’s Blood to save me scraps), maxing out SotC, and playing chess with my friends.

I’m also taking every opportunity to raise my renown, I was taking a break when they were introduced so I’ve got a little catching up to do.

Lastly, I’ve been working on getting my newspaper qualities up. Gotta max those out! …kinda wish you could upgrade your newspaper equip item with those high enough.

Working on: getting 1.000 knobs of scintillack.
About to grind out 400 more.

Eventually I’m going to have 77.000 and then I’ll fuse myself with it and become a giant brain.

[quote=Urthdigger]At the moment, a few things. I’m working on getting ALL the Paramount Presence requirements (I should be able to get Paramount Presence actually if I got a shadowy requirement… and all that dang notability), and at the current time I’m mostly focusing on getting scraps for some of my remaining relicker items for one shadowy requirement (and amassing wines to eventually turn into Master’s Blood to save me scraps), maxing out SotC, and playing chess with my friends.

I’m also taking every opportunity to raise my renown, I was taking a break when they were introduced so I’ve got a little catching up to do.

Lastly, I’ve been working on getting my newspaper qualities up. Gotta max those out! …kinda wish you could upgrade your newspaper equip item with those high enough.[/quote]

Yes, I forgot about the Relicker items! I was working on that but lost progress–using Scraps to get items to use with Lodgings cards to raise Notability, don’t you know.

Things I’m working on:

• Getting those last few factions to 40 renown.
  • Cider.
  • 1 copy of every short story.

Things I plan to do later:

• SotC 21
  • Paramount Presence (when they fix it)
  • Heptagoat
  • At least 1 of every collectible item
  • At least 1 cp of every collectible quality

Having obtained London’s Nerves with SotC 21, I’m working on an Impossible Theorem to sit on my mantelpiece in a pleasingly non-Euclidean fashion. After that, probably an Ubergoat.

[quote=Jeremy Avalon]I’m simultaneously working on Cider, pan-Renown 50, scrapgrind, SMEN, and Paramount Presence.

Weep for me.[/quote]

One of those things is going to make the rest of them very very difficult

Things I’m working on:

• 40 renown for all factions (almost there)
  • Tears for Xmas
    Things I plan to do later:
  • Paramount Presence (my alt is not ready for marriage/divorce carusels)
  • SMEN (looking for my soul)

[quote=Pumpkinhead][quote=Jeremy Avalon]I’m simultaneously working on Cider, pan-Renown 50, scrapgrind, SMEN, and Paramount Presence.

Weep for me.[/quote]

One of those things is going to make the rest of them very very difficult[/quote]

SMEN makes everything difficult; that’s part of the point.

Getting my second overgoat to make my Ubergoat (only under 3k echoes left!), after that I’ll grind up items for SotC 21 which should be otherwise doable, and passively working on 40 renown for all factions

Sara Hysaro is currently grinding for Hesperidean Cider to add to her Wines collection. I could have afforded it probably close to a year ago if I were inclined to sell the latter, but I am a stubborn individual.

Madison Lavery, on the other hand, is currently grinding for both a Heptagoat and Procurer of Savage Beasts 88. She should be close to the former of these two goals fairly soon - I’m less than an Overgoat away in terms of total worth.

Gloria Marie Valdez is currently going for Paramount Presence, which will be a lengthy enough process that I am content not having a clue what she’ll do after that at this point.