Announcing Mr Chimes’ Grand Clearing-Out

[quote=Aro Saren]So, what should we expect next? Next port, watchful gains, something else? I forgot the whole roadmap already.
And when? Next Tuesdat is a cut-off date for… something?[/quote]They said something about a Clearing-Out epilogue on Tuesday. Beyond that I have a vague expectation of more Zeefaring content and a continuation of the Tracklayers’ City storyline, though no guesses whatsoever as to the timeline. Fruits of the Zee is the next annual festival, right?

The final thing on the most recently posted roadmap is a new event to take the place of elections. (But feel free to preemptively make a “discussions go here” posts titled “Unannounced future content”. :wink:)

Nah, that’s not only pointless, but, more importantly, boring.

I thought the thing we just had was the replacement for elections.

That meant that the last thing on the roadmap has just finished.

I do wonder if Fruits of the Zee will be quite the same as before, or feature some sort of shake-up to reflect recent events.

For one thing, there definitely won’t be a questline relating to the newly-elected mayor, since, well, there isn’t one.

No, the Clearing-Out was a one-off.

Yes, but it was still this year’s stand-in for the elections, which were discontinued. Next year it’ll be something else.

Nah, that’s not only pointless, but, more importantly, boring.[/quote]

I disagree - it’s Silas the Showman’s Annual Show, Man!

Don’t &quotat&quot me next year unless it’s with gifts for my Cassandra prophecy.

Yes, that was my understanding. Didn’t mean we were going to be digging every year, just that the election was being replaced with something, and this year’s something was the Great London Dig-off.

Ah - gotcha!

[quote=Tsar Koschei]I do wonder if Fruits of the Zee will be quite the same as before, or feature some sort of shake-up to reflect recent events.

For one thing, there definitely won’t be a questline relating to the newly-elected mayor, since, well, there isn’t one.[/quote]

I would expect that it would be similar to before, except with the short questline about the newly-elected mayor replaced with a short questline about the dig.

Maybe we’ll find the truffle in the zee.

I’m really looking forward to actually seeing the Tracklayers city and learning what has happened to it. Also, the Zee, of course.

Mechanically, the cap for Watchful is still stuck at 218 and Zeefaring is at 5; so we should probably expect some options to increase those.

Hunting bees is really good for getting Whispered Hints. One of my Ambition alts has moved into the Bazaar after accumulating about 70,000 of the things in just a couple of days.

Now he’s done that, you can nerf it, FB, if you like, and replace it with some way of getting Prisoner’s Honey really quickly, for one of my other alts.

The story of the Grand Clearing Out just finished for me with an opportunity card for a meeting at Beatrice’s.

Sinning Jenny gave me an Unusually Loyal Map of London.

Don’t know if it has any uses yet.Everything is echoed in my journal.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Timothy%20of%20Kent
edited by Anthony on 8/3/2021

The epilogue is here, or at least the first part of it. Here’s the card I drew:

Imgur

It looks like what epilogue you get depends on what motivation you chose and actions taken during the event.

Edit: According to wiki (fast editing!), the reward for us railroad-builders is the same, based on motivation, regardless of whether you talk to the efficient commissioner or the other person available – she gives you the same item the other choice would. London-savers get the map, Bazaar-rescuers get a ‘Look Always to Love’ Telescope.

I wonder what the &quotsave Masters&quot and &quotsafeguard Revolution&quot crowds get for the card and item.
edited by Tsar Koschei on 8/3/2021

Damn, Jenny. Good point there.

A Bottle of Morelways 1861 ‘Spore-burst’

I recorded the before and after on my journal, but it was gifted by Mr Wines.

Bottle of Morelways 1861 ‘Sporeburst’ × 1; The product of an ill-fated experiment in sparkling wine. Reserved for Mr Wines’ most celebratory revels, or the darkest nights of the soul when no ordinary vintage will do.

So the Preservers of London are getting their rewards. Has anyone who wasn’t able to get one of the items or was pre-POSI seen anything yet?