Announcements

Any word on the next patch update yet? I’m eagerly awaiting it!

[li]
[color=#009900]We’re testing it now, but the Greenlight runup took a lot of our time and we’d rather not release on a Friday - so it will now probably be Monday.[/color]

Listing the current most up-to-date version number on the content updates page might reassure people that they’re playing the most recent version.

Seconded. I keep checking through forums and everything to see if 0.4 is up. So excited!

I just keep the download page on the Humble Store open in a tab and reload it every 3 or 4 minutes.

[color=#009900]The 0.1.3 build is now with Humble Bundle - Explorer-level backers can expect to see it show up on their download page later today (my guess would be by sorta 8pm BSTish).[/color][li]

[color=#009900]Here’s what’s in this update! http://sunlessseagame.com/update-0-1-3-ruby [/color]

That’s a very nice and succulent update. I’m so looking forward to it!

But what does the no longer rewarded &quotfidelity&quot refer to?

[quote=Xaphedo]But what does the no longer rewarded &quotfidelity&quot refer to?[/quote][color=#C2B280]You mean ‘infidelity’, surely.

Parapraxis?[/color]

[color=#009900]Wine. Roses. Lockets. Salt. Parataxis.[/color][li]

Sounds good. I look forward to getting the new version.

I don’t think I came across an invisible island though - shall I go look for it before the update:)

Do! And if you see it there, then we can declare the bug fixed. (But seriously: rather looking forward to this update!)

Looks like the update has gone up. =)

[color=#009900]It has, and it’s playable, but there’s a last-minute bug around Hunger. You’ll know it when you see it: we’ll release a patch tomorrow.[/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]There will of course be other new bugs, and some of your old favourites haven’t yet been fixed. Do let us know about the new ones at the usual place.[/color]

[color=#009900]Another content update! Details, as usual, here. Not a big one, but the Admiralty will now give you commissions that reward further exploration…[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates[/color]

[color=#009900]There’ll be a new update today or tomorrow - Amethyst, the last major update before Early Access. This includes the Cumaean Canal, Void’s Approach, Polythreme and Snares areas - these are quite light on content at the moment but darkly magnificent to look at.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]More importantly, it includes a major change to combat. Abilities will have a warm-up rather than a cool-down, and you’ll be able to see your enemy’s incoming ability, cancel your own if you like, and cue up a series of abilities ready to go. We’ve also added a Distance variable that you can increase to allow fleeing if a beastie’s just too tough. Finally, we’ve added several new beasties, and (whisper it) experimental shoreside battles.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]There’s more, including a completely new prototype UI, and some one-off item-use abilities if I manage to squeeze those in in time. But we’re very interested to hear how you get on with the new system, what refinements it might benefit from, and the inevitable bugs.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]This will be our last major system change before launch, and may be our last major system change ever - depending, as ever, on feedback. Thanks so much for helping us get to this point - once again, all the responses you’ve given us have been enormously valuable, and have helped make Sunless Sea a much better game.
[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

[color=#009900]Amethyst is now available from the Humble Bundle site. Hold on to your tillers, my lovelies. This (barring possible critical-bug-fix updates) is our last big update before we release the game in Early Access…[/color]

[color=#009900]We’ve experimentally rolled out Steam keys for Explorer-level backers![/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]If you want to add Sunless Sea to your Steam library, g[/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]o to your Humble Bundle download page, and look for the link labelled ‘click here for your Steam key.’ In Steam, go to Games | Activate a product on Steam, and enter the key.[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]It should download seamlessly and work right out of the box (the metaphorical box. we’re not shipping boxes.) It’ll use your existing local saved game / content. If you have problems, let us know at sunlesssea@failbettergames.com, as ever.[/color]

[color=#009900]A new patch is now live on Humble Bundle, snappily codenamed ‘Amethyst and Then Some’. This is an incremental bug fix patch, not a major update, but it fixes the too-many-choices issue and adds a couple of really toothsome features. It also comes with a content update.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]More here! http://sunlessseagame.com/v-0-1-5-1273-amethyst-and-then-some[/color]

[color=#009900]The Early Access build of Sunless Sea is with Humble Bundle now - we’re just waiting them for them to put it live. They’re on California time, so this will probably be early evening GMT.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]As soon as it’s live, Sunless Sea will be available for purchase and download from http://sunlessseagame.com . Kickstarter backers, you’ll see an email with instructions on how to redeem it.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]This is quite a soft launch - we’re saving the shouting for the Steam release on 1st July. But if you want to review it, blog about it, do Let’s Plays or so on, feel free! (Do please make it clear it’s Early Access, though.)[/color]

[color=#009900]Another patch! This is mostly a bug fix for the cargo jettison bug, but there are a number of other interesting effects, detailed here.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]http://sunlessseagame.com/hotfix-0-4-1-1320[/color]