Announcements

[color=#009900]A patch! Closed beta v.0.1.1 is now live at Humble Bundle - the link in your HB email now goes to the new build.[li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Patch notes:[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

• [color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]‘Your past’ or 'shipwrecked’choice comes up when player visits port, and locks screen <–fixed[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Text no longer trimmed off right-hand edge of storylet[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Changed orientation of cursor[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Docking no longer empties engine[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Placeholder beasties should no longer provoke an encounter with the Yellow-Eyed Maid[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Codex and Whither should have the correct markets[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Intermittent cards will not be drawn while the game is paused[/color]

edited by Alexis on 5/1/2014

[color=#009900]NB we had a content update yesterday too - so do make sure you update content when you start a new game. (Updating content currently works only from the title screen, not the in-game menu screen.)[/color][li]

[color=#009900]Here’s what’s coming next.[li][/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 We will probably put out v.0.1.3 late next week to address disappearing monsters and implement some changes around hunger, fuel, speed and crew. The game won’t get easier! but it may get less panic-inducing. We’re keen to get this out because we’d like to test the effect of these changes, but it’s a bank holiday weekend in the UK and we all worked through the last one, so we’re going to slow down a bit. :-)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 v0.1.4, with a lot of the other nuisances and preferences - scroll wheel on the gazetteer, improved UI, improvements to the patching process - will likely turn up a week or two after that.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 content will keep on percolating through in the meantime. You’ll see an update most weekdays.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 We are going to be launching a Steam Greenlight campaign, provisionally on 15th May. Do please prepare your clicking fingers. :-)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]b We are going ahead with Early Access. Final date TBA tomorrow, but likely mid-June. This means Explorer backers will get seven weeks free and clear as preview time with our particular attention, but everyone else who’s itching to play can get in from then![/b][/color]

FYI: at least in 0.1.2.1066 for OS X, the markets are still off; and I just had an encounter that did indeed trigger a yellow-eyed maid storylet instead of a battle (and it was inescapable; the story let just kept re-triggering). I’ll send bug/feedback also.

Thanks. It’s interesting to know in advance which areas you’re focusing on. As the first thing I’ve ever been in the Beta of, this is a really good advert for the process. And very, VERY distracting from legitimate office work. You’re sort of the masters of that. Damn you.

I’m also still having trouble with the markets in Wither, and Codex seems to be a port with nothing. This is after I updated to 0.1.2.1066 for Windows.

Hi Ewan - try to close the event with the red cross. That worked for me when I was waylaid by a ‘Jillyfish’. I hope the finished graphic doesn’t have the head of Jilly Cooper…

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]Here’s what’s coming next.[li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 We will probably put out v.0.1.3 late next week to address disappearing monsters and implement some changes around hunger, fuel, speed and crew. The game won’t get easier! but it may get less panic-inducing. We’re keen to get this out because we’d like to test the effect of these changes, but it’s a bank holiday weekend in the UK and we all worked through the last one, so we’re going to slow down a bit. :-)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 v0.1.4, with a lot of the other nuisances and preferences - scroll wheel on the gazetteer, improved UI, improvements to the patching process - will likely turn up a week or two after that.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 content will keep on percolating through in the meantime. You’ll see an update most weekdays.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
color=#009900 We are going to be launching a Steam Greenlight campaign, provisionally on 15th May. Do please prepare your clicking fingers. :-)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]b We are going ahead with Early Access. Final date TBA tomorrow, but likely mid-June. This means Explorer backers will get seven weeks free and clear as preview time with our particular attention, but everyone else who’s itching to play can get in from then![/b][/color][color=000000][/quote[color=000000]][/color][/color][/li][/color][color=000000]So[color=000000], [color=000000]out of curiosity, when does this leave us a[color=000000]s far as the non-game [color=000000]Kickstarter [color=000000]rewards? [/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color](IE: Wallpapers, PDFs, Fallen London content)

I just checked for content updates and downloaded…something. Care to share what it was?

[color=#009900]Content update for the weekend:[li][/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates[/color]

Hey there, so content updates are the ones we DL in-game right? Also, for each new build should we be starting fresh or are they save game compatible?

[li]
This was Alexis’ response in another thread to that question…

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Tara: no, you don’t usually need to start over with patches. Of course, betas being what they are, we might at some point invalidate earlier saves. We will try not to, though![/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]

re: using the New Game / load content trick. This will work. However[/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)], [/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]you are using an unsupported option and you may easily end up with content bugs![/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)] That’s up to you, but be aware that it may break things. It might be fine! It might not. If you send any reports or feedback, please let us know you’ve done it, so we can disregard certain kinds of weirdness and broken experience.
[/color][li]
edited by Alexis on 5/3/2014[/quote]
[/li]

Is it possible to get updates to the content update page in the rss feed? That way it’s easier to keep track of them.

[color=#009900]Content update! Mostly bug fixes, but a couple of treats:[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates[/color][li][/li][li]
edited by Alexis on 5/10/2014

[color=#009900]Small content update:[li][/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Would it be possible to keep all the updates in one place on Sunless Sea website?[li][/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]So far, the updates has been appearing in:[/color]
[color=#ffffff]http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates[/color]
[color=#ffffff]http://sunlessseagame.com/explorers-beta-v-0-1-3-coming-soon[/color]
[color=#ffffff]http://sunlessseagame.com/progress[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]It would be great if all those could appear in a single aggregator page, similar to[/color]
[color=#ffffff]http://sunlessseagame.com/updates.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Good luck with the release. As a software engineer, I applaud your courage to declare[/color]
[color=#ffffff]the release date with such a precision.[/color]

Seconded. I find myself searching around a lot even after a content update has been announced here, in case there’s more details anywhere. Would anyone else like a change-log or is it just me? I do enjoy stumbling upon new content but maybe for bigger things like new port adventures it would be handy to have it stated. Also, really enjoying the extra little snippets I’ve found so far.

[color=#009900]We have a new website coming in June, so all of this is getting tidied up shortly. But http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates is the place to go.[/color]

[li]

Ah I must keep missing that one. Good news about the new website. Hope the Greenlight campaign’s going well.

[color=#009900]It’s looking good so far! We’ve got a lot more attention than we expected from a soft-launch. Tomorrow we’ll launch it properly, tell journos, and then we’ll know. :-)[/color][li]