ANNOUNCEMENT: KNIFE-AND-CANDLE HIATUS

If you have at least 7 Notablity, you could cash it in for prize tokens even if you’re new, I believe. Having hit 11 for the first time in my career, I don’t think I shall…

I no longer remember when the original season of K&C ended, but I’m pretty sure it was before the Forums were founded. My registration here, which was pretty close to the founding of the Forums, is dated December 23, 2011.

I am extremely sad to see Knife & Candle go. I love it a lot, and I had no idea it was temporary.

I’ll have to go on a dueling spree to see it off.

Could you perchance regale us with tales of the Bronze League? I sometimes wonder if there was lore or writing in the Bronze League unknown to most.

Do you have Labyrinth Runner?

[quote=Socratease]I am extremely sad to see Knife & Candle go. I love it a lot, and I had no idea it was temporary.

I’ll have to go on a dueling spree to see it off.[/quote]
It’s not temporary exactly, only this season is. Someday it shall return and all shall once more be well.

So, can we still play Moon League? It’s so fun. Fantastic roleplay.

Moon league will almost certainly included. It will probably come back after a bit though.
edited by suinicide on 4/16/2016

I’m just glad to be here for the, someday historic, closing of season 2.

I’m available for a Golden Hunt.

and someone has challenged me. I’ll update this to reflect the result.

Defeated - so available for Moon League duels
edited by reveurciel on 4/17/2016
edited by reveurciel on 4/17/2016

Ahh, good times. Stabbing myself in the left eye with my right hand and claiming it twice as expenses from Mr Benjamin Villein, time well spent! Take that, bureaucrat!

If you see any of my characters with K&C equipment on display in their profiles, feel free to assume stabbing is welcome. If I don’t stab you back within the hour and proceed with rapid replies, also feel free to withdraw, no hurt feelings.
edited by Shalinoth on 4/17/2016

Are we still going to be participants in knife and candle? Or will the half-abandoned mansion become useless?

Has anyone seen the half abandoned mansion card? Because now that I can actually use it, its gone from “can’t get this card out of my hand” to “Yes I would actually like to buy this house sometime before the end.”

I saw it within the last day. I do like that card; two Mourning Candles on success makes the final bit of Fidgeting Writer quite a bit simpler.

Got it yesterday, waiting in my hand for my final win.

Got it yesterday, waiting in my hand for my final win.[/quote]

Okay, thanks. (RNG why, we were on such good terms)
edited by suinicide on 4/17/2016

Got it yesterday, waiting in my hand for my final win.[/quote]

Okay, thanks. (RNG why, we were on such good terms)
edited by suinicide on 4/17/2016[/quote]

Wait! If I have the card but short on one medal…
and YOU have full medals but missing a card…
Maybe we should team up!

Joking. Good luck for the both of us.

I can confirm as of a few seconds ago, the card Listing Tower is still in the deck and unlocked with:
Dangerous 100+
A Participant in the Underground Leagues of Knife-and-Candle 1
Knife-and-Candle: A Proud Parade of Victories 3+

Yep! Recently drew it myself. Was just a bit worried because of the hiatus.

Could you perchance regale us with tales of the Bronze League? I sometimes wonder if there was lore or writing in the Bronze League unknown to most.

Do you have Labyrinth Runner?[/quote]

I do not have Labyrinth Runner. I don’t even know what it is.

There was no particular game lore associated with K&C, but in some ways it felt more like a real knife duel. Unfortunately, there was a kink in the system that could make a player nearly impossible to beat if he/she knew it.

I have no time to say more now, but I’ll try to post on this later and find my old post on the subject (written years ago when I recalled more).