An update for the Profile page

Your Stat text checks your outfit (modified counts), but your Known-As text is just your base value (outfits can’t change it). Intriguingly, since it’s a stored secondary value, if you like one of the lower names better I imagine you can “equip it” as your Adjective, then keep raising your stats and your profile won’t change now.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming what I feared. I suppose all that’s left to do now is indeed to wait for more slots to be made available one day.

1 Like

Are you clicking on Scrapbook from your profile page or from the myself page? There appear to be a lot more options available on the myself page.

1 Like

Huh. I’m getting something like that with Mantelpiece items - for whatever reason, I can only choose a Transport as a mantelpiece item.

1 Like

Making changes directly from the profile page opens a shortcut to other items in the same category as whatever’s currently on my Mantelpiece/Scrapbook. I can still select from my full range of options when I’m on the Myself tab.

2 Likes

Great to know I’m not the only one! Misery loves company etc. :smile:

Clearly something is broken during the update.

A bit of advice for FBG: for non-plot/event/content updates, maybe consider doing what Google/Youtube does: push out the update randomly to some users, let them experience that and seek their feedback, then polish up things before the actual official launch.

1 Like

The profile facelift looks pleasant on PC, but quite horrid on mobile phone display.

2 Likes

I miss my old descriptors, to be honest. Wasn’t looking forward to returning to this change but now that I have I feel even more disheartened. Only being able to choose one makes my character seem quite boring after all the adventures we’ve been through together.
Also, having it default to ‘Lady’ feels odd after being Lieutenant for such a long time. I know I can change it and I have, but knowing it was changed and visible as such to everyone who might have looked at my profile before I had a chance to change it back doesn’t feel great. Fallen London is about options and the option to choose to not be the default xyz so why couldn’t we keep our old profiles until we signed in and were able to choose for ourselves. Fallen London was the one place where I could be free to not engage in gender conformity if I so chose, so this was a little abrupt.

I’m also sad that I wasn’t able to at least take a screenshot of what it looked like before the change. Profile pages used to be some of my favourite parts of the site, now… not so much.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and kind words, everyone! There will indeed be further updates to the profile page in time. :)

8 Likes

Perhaps adding extra description which reflects personal preference or history of event participation would help.

For instance, we may leave “the matter of your reputation” to reflect how Londoners perceive the character based on the primary stats, then adding “how you really see yourself” and “your role in incidents that shaped London” for further flavor. So, the description might turn up as “an otherworldly gentlemen who doesn’t care a d_mn”, or “a shrewd lady who anticipates the next fall”.

4 Likes

I have quite the opposite opinion of it. It has been obviously redesigned as a mobile-centric interface, which aesthetically is different from the Myself tab page.

As it currently is now, I don’t like it. Especially because of the Scrapbook bug which I have mentioned earlier in this thread.

Another thing: I’m not totally enthused about displaying Ambition choice, Destiny, Marital status/partner, and club membership, for the entire world to see. At least let us toggle off or default to what it used to be: only what we are currently wearing and equipped with.

And for the expanded view, I’m surprised that tattoos weren’t included. I think I got one or two tattoos already, bumped up my BDR a bit.

Those were all permanently displayed in the old profile too, though? The Spouse, Club and Destiny couldn’t be unequipped, so they were always shown. You could unequip your Ambition item if you wanted, but there wasn’t any benefit to doing so unless you were trying to tank your stats.

8 Likes

And indeed, it does default to what it used to be: only what’s currently equipped. Including all the things you mentioned, obviously, but they’re no more visible now than they always were

5 Likes

It has two different layouts for Mobile and Desktop-sized screens. The desktop layout has one almost entirely empty column alongside the journal entries. It makes me wonder if anyone at FBG actually looked at the desktop layout, or if it was just an afterthought. Lord knows I have my phone with me more often than my laptop these days

1 Like

What empty column do you mean? My screenshot above was taken on the desktop layout, and I’m not sure there’s any such column.

1 Like

I mean the left column. Your screenshot shows the small portion of it that has content, but mostly it’s just a void forcing the journal awkwardly to one side

Oh, under the equipped items. There was always a gap there, wasn’t there?

2 Likes

There may have been a gap on desktop but I don’t think the entries were always crowded to the right side of the screen. Maybe there were margins on both sides?

In any case, the appearance depends on your resolution. On my screen the journals take up around 2/3s of the screen width, whereas your screenshot it looks like 1/2 at the most. They need to do some more testing closer to the breakpoints.

From some playing around, it looks like the Responsive Design reflows into a single column at 750 pixels wide, and at that point there’s 500px of black space and 250px of journal entry. That probably deserves a second look.

2 Likes

I see my Scrapbook (and Mantelpiece?) bug still hasn’t been fixed.

I really miss seeing my acquaintance friends available for selection on my Scrapbook. Now they’re gone, feels as though I have lost my acquaintance with them.

Alright, this shall be my last post in this thread regarding the bug(?) I am experiencing.
Pictures speak a thousand words, and I hope you can detect the inconsistencies.

Mantelpiece items, from the Myself tab page:

Mantelpiece items, from the new Profile page:

Scrapbook items, from the Myself tab page:

Scrapbook items, from the new Profile page:

1 Like