An update for the Profile page

I suspect it may be looking at unmodified stats to determine the adjective, as I have a different descriptor for 230 watchful than you? The blog post does say that all of the 230 descriptors are new also…

[ETA: equipping a woesel doesn’t change my profile descriptors at all so that seems fairly clear cut–at unmodified 230 I get:
Watchful: Unblinking
Dangerous: baleful
Persuasive: otherworldly
Shadowy: invisible
]

2 Likes

I like the changes in general. But I prefer my header to change depending on where my character is - can I still opt for that?

5 Likes

I agree. Otherwise, it is great and very desired update. The only additional thing could be wished for is more slots to Mantelpiece and Scrapbook since it is very difficult to choose just one thing that a character may be associated with.

3 Likes

Indeed, what good is acquiring vanity qualities with such limited space to display them?

4 Likes

You can just marry a NPC, divorce is cheap, easy and consequence-free.

You can also be polyamorous with an option…

https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/Marriage_(Guide)#Marrying_an_NPC

2 Likes

I noticed that there are lesser icons to select from when picking something to display for your Mantelpiece and Scrapbook, compared to what I remember from the old version of the profile page. I have unlocked a lot of stuff.

I believe many unlocks and accomplishments share the same icon, so I am guessing the new profile page removes what the game considers as aesthetic duplicates. Unfortunately there is no way to revert back to the old version to verify this.

I found a pic of the old version, Scrapbook item selection:

Immediately I notice my friends (e.g. Sardonic Singer, Wry Functionary etc) missing in the new version.

1 Like

I think the problem may be on your end, as I have as many things to pick as ever. Acquaintances are still there, duplicate icons, all the lot. Is it possible that you are checking on an alt account without realizing it? Or maybe it’s just that many item and quality portraits are different now?

1 Like

Nope, this is how my current Scrapbook items look like.

And immediately I notice those few NPC friends of mine not available, no more golden apple, skull, horsehead etc. Very conspicuous omissions.

1 Like

I don’t have this issue, as the very qualities you’re mentioning show up just like before in my Scrapbook, the whole mess of them. So it does look more and more to be an issue on your end.
Of course, two confirmations doesn’t mean validation, but it does orient the search towards an anomaly of your own profile rather than a more wide-spread issue (until numbers reverse).

1 Like

Fun! Rather happy with how that came out.

3 Likes

I may have missed it if it exists, but as it stands I’d very much appreciate an option to “pin” a favourite outfit, as it were, and not link it dynamically to whatever I happen to be wearing/whatever my designated favourite outfit is like at any given moment.

1 Like

That does exist, it’s accessed from the outfit page rather than the profile page. Little star icon next to the save & rename icons.

1 Like

The issue is more that I don’t want to have to marry off my aromantic character in order to have a full profile, rather than the consequences of said marriage - I do appreciate the help, though. Like I say, it’s not a big problem.

3 Likes

In that case, you’d want the Platonic Partner in Crime/Platonic Eminence Grise spouse option. She’s not a romantic partner at all - she’s a lifelong friend!

3 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, that just pins this outfit no matter what other outfit you may be wearing at the time, but if you make changes to said pinned outfit, the profile will reflect them. Again, I’d very much like being mistaken here.

1 Like

I hope more customization options in the future include an option to have the profile header behave as before and change based on your location.

1 Like

The character description seems to be working not entirely correctly for me. For example, my Dangerous is considered «Terrifying» (both base and modified), but when I set said stat in Matters of Identity, on the profile page it is shown as «Ferocious». Shadowy, in game it is «Crafty», «Sinister» or «Midnight» (from base to slightly modified by non-relevant outfit to incognito outfit respectively), but it sets as «Stealthy» on the profile page nonetheless.

Or do I just misunderstand how it works?

1 Like

I have done nothing to my profile since the update, except changing the header pic and the reputation text. Everything was normal prior to the update. FBG must have broken something in the update for me.

I do acknowledge the ‘new and improved’ profile page is still a work in progress, and I hope my situation gets fixed in future. Hopefully soon.

1 Like

Even though they share a few names, there are two separate scales for the Stat text (which shows up in the Myself tab next to Persuasive, Dangerous, etc) and the Known-As text (which shows up as an adjective on your profile). Specifically, your Stat text has more levels and changes more quickly, whereas the Known-As seems to have fewer options and changes less frequently.

You can see some of the fan-sourced (so they’re incomplete at the moment) ranges over on the wiki for the profile adjective. The digit in the 1000s place indicates the stat, and the actual “value” of the stat is the last 3 digits, so Watchful is 2xxx, and a value of 2078 means “Watchful 078”. I expect once we have more information collected someone will make a more user-friendly table.

You’re correct, unfortunately. If you want a permanent vanity outfit, it’s taking up a precious outfit slot. I do hope there are some more outfit slots in the pipeline at some point…

2 Likes

Now I understand, thank you. So I won’t be able to become a «midnight» for a very long time… sigh
The Known-As based on the number modified by outfit, right? As well as the regular stat text on myself tab?

1 Like