All our Electorates are terrible people.

Where are people finding the new secrets? I’m not seeing any additional options in the Elections tab.

There’s new text at the end of the Investigations and Flash Lays.

Next year seems like the perfect opportunity to see more from the Barbed Wit. By which I mean I would like to marry her, but also that I think she would be an excellent candidate for mayor. There’s the Mercies, too, but I don’t know that London could handle that much raw unfettered charisma. I would also very much vote for the Last Constable, especially if she was wearing a false moustache.

I don’t really see the candidates as terrible, even after this. The Bishop is incompetent if he’s only now noticing the infernal backing, and he’s still going to be playing into Hell’s hand, but he’s genuine. The Contrarian is getting strongarmed by terrible people, but he’s doing his best to resist. And while you see corruption, I see evidence that Jenny’s a shrewd politician. The election isn’t a total wash… yet.

Let’s not get too personal in our debate over whether the saucy nun, the shouty moustache man or the other guy would be better at municipaling the cave city with the giant space crab, folks.

All of water is wet

lol, “the other guy.” That’s a pretty apt description XD

Hear, hear!

Yes, in the end it’s mostly a matter of personal preference. London is highly unlikely to be destroyed by the results, regardless of who wins.

But water isn’t wet - things that have water on them are wet.

I don’t know why I felt like mentioning this.[/quote]
Water has water on it.[li]

And also in it, like a sponge.

Unless it’s the top-water, then it’s only got water under the water and in it.

I mean, the results probably won’t cause London to be destroyed, but there’s a more than marginal possibility it may be destroyed by the actions of said candidates.

When picking between evils, pick the one you haven’t tried before.

What I mean is that FBG is not likely to be destroying Fallen London anytime soon. Therefore, none of the candidates will have the power to destroy it with their actions. Vote for who you wish.

Which means vote for the moral man!

Thank you for a chuckle among all the atypical rancor.

I mean, from a purely scientific point of view, something is wet when there’s water particles (H2O) attached to it. Water particles aren’t actually attached to eachother, they kind of just float around doing their own thing, being all cool.
So no, water isn’t wet, something with water on it is wet.

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum]I mean, from a purely scientific point of view, something is wet when there’s water particles (H2O) attached to it. Water particles aren’t actually attached to eachother, they kind of just float around doing their own thing, being all cool.
So no, water isn’t wet, something with water on it is wet.[/quote]
Surface tension could be described as H2O being attached to H2O. Just, y’know, not very attached.

Here is my interpretation of all of the candidates.

Jenny seems to be Bohemian/Criminal. She is using blackmail to fund her campaign, meaning that the regular, non-player people in London probably don’t really support her.

The Contrarian seems to be Society/Revolutionary. He is not really in charge of his campaign, and seems to be a puppet that the revolutionaries will use if he wins.

The Bishop is Church/Hell. He has found out about his infernal backers and seems to be purging them. He also wants to publish a list of Soulless, which may be good or bad, depending on why he wants to do it.

Jenny is Elusive, Bishop is Savage, Contrarian is Baroque. All three still have Gambits left to play.