Advent Calendar and Christmas Cards!

[color=#0066ff]Christmas approaches, bringing questionable snow and hooded visitors. Stay in, and burn a candle with us!

THE FALLEN LONDON ADVENT CALENDAR RETURNS!

From today to 25th December, we’ll be sharing advent access codes on Twitter and Facebook (edit: and on Google+).

Each code will give you a snippet of sepulchrally Yuley narrative, and something besides: trinkets, magpie-treasures, and occasionally, something rare. Each will expire in mere days, so act quickly.

Here is your first advent gift (a bit earlier than on social media, because we’re pals). Enjoy!

CHRISTMAS CARDS FOR YOUR ACQUAINTANCES!

Tell your friends you are thinking of them this festive season. (Not necessarily what you are thinking of them.) Let our Christmas cards speak for you: four designs with room for your own message.

Your stock of cards will be replenished weekly by Time, the Healer.

New players: You will need to turn any contacts you have into acquaintances in order to send them a Christmas card. You need to send a calling card to a contact before they are acquainted with you. Make some fast friendships while the false stars twinkle with Christmas spirit!

Seasoned players: If you were acquainted with accounts that have been deactivated, you should now find that those accounts have been removed from your acquaintances, giving you room in your heart to accept new ones.

Edit:

Make new acquaintances in the following places, to your preference:[/color]

• [color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]These very forums (particularly if you have specific requests) [/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Facebook[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Twitter[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Tumblr[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Reddit[/color][/li][li]Google+

[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]As per last year, please do not spoil the codes by posting their rewards here, even after they’ve expired. :) [/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]
[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 12/2/2014

Thank you this is wonderful. I look forward to finding out what Advent gifts we get this year:)

Very much looking forward to this season, and I’m glad to see that special social actions are becoming a regular holiday thing!

Awesome, glad to see they’re back.

[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]I’m very excited because it’s my first Fallen London/Failbetter Christmas and I want to send lots of cards. Anyone can add me as an acquaintance if you so wish: Hannah Failbetter. :)[/color]

Yay! Just got my first advent gift :) This is going to be fun!

Should anyone require acquaintances for this, by all means I would be glad of more associates this holiday season!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dark~Apostate

I appreciate all the new contacts I have made this season, well over 30, but I am afraid that I will not have enough cards for those I have made! I am happy to accept anyone who wishes to expand their network of dubious cohorts and lethal companions, however I will only be able to send out cards to those I have already accepted.

Thank you all again for sending me your holiday wishes, whether jolly or pragmatic.
edited by Salvation Denied on 12/4/2014

Are the cards the same as they were last year? I’m going to start a new Christmas Card Request thread and it’d be nice to know if I’m getting the names right. :)

[quote=Hannah Flynn]
[color=#0066ff]I’m very excited because it’s my first Fallen London/Failbetter Christmas and I want to send lots of cards. Anyone can add me as an acquaintance if you so wish: Hannah Failbetter. :)[/color][/quote]

I have done just this very thing! Let us just remember a few basic rules about social etiquette before turning up at another’s apartment at 3 in the morning when most sane individuals are trying to sleep. This has happened to me too many times to be acceptable in any sort of measure.

[color=#0066ff]Yes they are. :)[/color]

The increased social aspect to the holidays is making them one of my new favorite Fallen London things. As the List of My Favorite Things About Fallen London is rather crowded, it does leave me mildly perturbed, but I wouldn’t dream of complaining. Anyways…

I don’t know if a Christmas Card Acquaintance topic has been started, but I’d be happy to accept new friends with whom cards could be exchanged.

Also, hurrah for Advent Calendar! Though I do wish there was the possibility of actual chocolate coming from a day or two. Perhaps in an attractive Failbetter chocolate box (a “Boxful of Intrigue”? Eh, eh?). In delightful shapes of your favorite Fallen London characters! The Snuffer Creams could taste like wax! Handsome Devils made with honeyed toffee! Mr. Wines’ Mystery Surprise filled with chocolate liqueur!

Ahem… My apologies. Chocolate and FL together gets me rather excited…

fantastic! I am also willing to trade christmas cards with everyone.
time, the healer however only shows up on wednesday…
edited by ochrasy on 12/11/2014

May I be slightly upset that my time came before the cards where carried by her?

It isn’t the longest possible wait for time, but I feel like I’m missing out.

The downside of random, there will always be those who get one less time visit over the span. Maybe I’ll be lucky next time, eh?

For those pondering the meaning of apocyanic:

Will there be any provision for codes for those of us who don’t use Facebook or Twitter?

You don’t have to be logged in to Twitter to read/use the Twitter codes - but you will have to remember to check… Can’t think of a better solution, sorry!

Let me rephrase the question. Do you have to have a Facebook or Twitter account? I know that a lot of stuff isn’t available if you don’t have an account.

No you don’t have to have an account, you can just bookmark the Echo Bazaar Twitter or Facebook page and you can then see and use the codes.

I, too, would be delighted to make new acquaintances in this seasonal season, (although my Time is several days away).
edited by ruen on 12/1/2014

Feel free to send calling and Christmas cards, I’ll be sure to send one in return. Time permitting of course!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/grove