Achievements and other such things

Work on my first impossible theorem is being reconsidered

5 Likes

It’ll probably take you, I don’t know, about a week of full grinding? But hey, seven is the number after all! (Of days that you will spend shut in your laboratory)

4 Likes

man, really? i thought it would be way more. is there any kinda special trick or something you use to get resarch quickly? coz’ other wise the math just isn’t mathing for me-but, on the other hand, it useally doesn’t.

1 Like

Well once you pass about the 2000 research mark, you get a couple of pretty good cards added to your research deck, and the Visionary Student’s “Leave them to their own devices” option is also extremely good. Oh, and on the card called “Consult your prior research” or something like that, you know the one with the magnifying glass that generates Research Preparations, you can spend a Searing Enigma to get 500 research and an Unavoidable Epiphany, which I would definitely recommend doing. That option can also be repeated several times, so it will likely burn (ha!) through your stock of Enigmas but is definitely worth in in terms of time saving.

4 Likes

:+1:

(i am incrediibly tired and my capability for human language is fading as i write)

2 Likes

I literally just did this today lol. Clicked the option, saw the requirement, abandoned the experiment.

2 Likes

Foolish mortals! You think finding an Impossible Theorem’s that hard?

WELL I DID IT! TWICE!
ONE FOR EACH OF MY CHARACTERS!!
IN LIKE MAYBE TWO WEEKS!
I DIDN’T EVEN DO THEM SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!1!!1

AND I GOT WOUNDS THIRTEEN FROM BLOWING MYSELF UP!!!11!!1!111q1
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA–

8 Likes

oh goodness, truly?! i bow before thee, oh master of lab gameplay! please sire, teach me your ways

(said in good humor-this was pretty funny)

(holy smokes you just instantly came like a boomerang on opioids–)

1 Like

(yes, it’s a talent of mine! :sweat_smile: gotta go now, tho-see ya!)

(now he’s even more terrifying than the godsd__n Merry Gentleman–)

(–o-okay, calm down, calm down–)

(“uh, yeah, yes, sure, that’s great, awesome, yeah – er, that’s, that’s a very g-good skill to have, I-I’m gonna leave now – yeah, yeah good friends, we’re, we’re still–I MEAN WE ARE VERY good friends, yes, yes, sorry I yelled, don’t know what came, er, o-over me, uh, bye now–”)

(…well, then. glad that’s over.)

2 Likes

…bye?

…is everything okay???

AIIYEYAHAYGUHGH---- HOLY — OH YOU SCARED ME –

(okay I REALLY need to leave now–)

1 Like

No no, it’s fine, you can stay! Just, like, explain??? Why do I scare you??

(no, no, it’s just my character being themselves, I don’t have anything against you. just good fun, know?)

1 Like

(Ohhhhh-oh it’s a character thing okay! Please tell me next time you wanna write in character, I have a bit of a hard time differentiating between in-character/out)

(yeah, no worries, it’s fine)

1 Like

To quote PossibleCabbage on cohost: “Well, it’s not called the possible theorem.”

Handshaking you in the “currently working on an impossibe theorem” trenches. Personally, I’m spicing my expenditure by throwing a woesel in the mix and calling it “Watchful grinding.”

5 Likes

(In the tone of a grizzled WW1 soldier)Thank you, my sibling. The war is long and hard and I have lost myself in the endless battles.

Sounds like a Horrible idea-i’m happy your doing it.

2 Likes

Work on my first impossible theorem is close to completion! Just about 4,000 more research to go!

6 Likes