Acclaim/Shame Your Favourite Treasure (That You Didn't Pick)

honestly? i dont even know what treasure i’m aiming for-i’m really just enjoying the story as it goes on and what ever i get is what i get.

2 Likes

I mean have you picked an Ambition yet? Because that does rather narrow things down. lol

1 Like

It took me literal years to start an Ambition - and sure, it made some of the narration assuming I needed to be shown around London, or that my character would have any trouble handling simple break-ins, a little silly, but it still worked fine. So take your time until you figure out what fits you or your character best.

1 Like

yeah, heart’s desire! and i’m rathor far along it too-just before my honour. i’m enjoying it immensily so far(i probobly enjoyed the part with the king of a hundred hearts the most).

1 Like

thanks, mate.

(beep boop meow)

Pick either the Crown or the Palace.

FL’s key theme is arguably the absurd amount of influence royalty has over history.

Join said club and take part in the bacchanalia.

(They’re also seldom-chosen options that need more love.)

OK fair, but what was your second choice?

(And first, for that matter.)

First choice is the False Star of One’s Own, second choice would be the Marvellous itself. I like the idea of just ending the game, and also being able to access the Manager to found the CIS, but in the end I thought Light Fingers would suit my character better.

Counterpoint: pick whatever you want, it’s your character and power, whether in narrative, gameplay, or with a capital P isn’t everything.

(the crown is pretty cool though because it makes you heir to the British Empire which is quite neat in my opinion)

4 Likes

New Luxembourg > The Perforated UK

The False Star is fun, I just wish they’d finally clarify exactly what its light’s properties actually are and/or why the movements of False-Stars in general are considered prophetic.

1 Like

Okay, I disagree on that point and strongly. for me at least, FL’s key theme is love, and not very arguably: at least the first and fifth cities get sold because of it(and yes, I do think what the manager has is love, just not a very healthy kind)and probably the rest, just haven’t learnt about it, the entire reason the bazzar is here is because of love, and while in human terms I wouldn’t describe the relationship between the sun, the bazzar and the third entity as “love”(more like the worst kind of lust), it’s also is what started that from a certain point of view. the albino rat’s story is about it to an extent, as are many others, and In general I don’t think it can even be argued that love isn’t at the very least a major theme, if not the theme. Of course, that’s just my own interpretation, and I do agree that “the absurd amount of power certain people have on history” is indid a pretty major theme, but the key one? No, not at all.

Firstly-please don’t command me like this, I know you didn’t mean it but I can’t not read it as rude. Secondly, being royalty really wouldn’t suit my boi, as his whole thing is complete and utter freedom for himself and, eventually, all of humanity-being constrained by a position would feel rather limiting to him, and honestly the only thing I can see him doing with the crown(by which I mean the position of king)is stuttering it and making Britain a democratic state rather earlier than in our history. FYI if your wondering what happened to immortality as a goal, I decided he wanted it as a stepping stone to complete freedom, which is why he didn’t want it unless it was available to all of humanity.

I’m so sorry for the massive rant, I just had a lot to say.

5 Likes

So… you’re willfully taking offense to something harmless in full knowledge you didn’t need to.

That seems silly.

(Choosing to get your heckles up for what you know for fact are frivolous reasons is basically the dictionary definition of being high-strung.)

I’m not “getting offended”, I’m simply asking you not to speak to me in a specific tone while acknowledging that you most likely meant no harm. And please don’t turn this into an argument, I don’t have the patience for arguing and even if I did I hate drama.

4 Likes

Imagine if you will a contestant on a gameshow standing in front of 3 mystery doors waiting to pick their prize. Then imagine an audience member shouted out:

“Pick number 3!”

And said contestant responded by doing a sharp 180 with a scowl to reply:

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!”

(Kind of a completely needless buzzkill, no?)

EDIT: The irony of reporting someone for suggesting that someone’s being overly sensitive without using a single invective is hard to believe. To the point where it could genuinely have been scripted in a comedy for satirical reasons.

Why yes, that would be rude, but I didn’t read your comment as a suggestion, I read it as a commend, as I have stated before

And responded as I saw appropriate. It was, perhaps, stupid to read it as such, but I’m not good at reading people’s tone, especially in text, or at social ques in general, so I did indid read it wrong. I’m sorry if I offended you, it was not meant to do so, and I can change/delete that part of the post if you want, but please just close this argument, it is not something I wish to engage in.

4 Likes

… I’m similarly stupid, I did read it the same way than you did … but we already established, that perspectives can be (and most likely are) extremely different, so what I claim to understand might always be different from your understanding, might be different from someone else’s understanding.
tragedy of communication ;D

3 Likes

Yeah, I think your read was a reasonable one and it seemed to me you were just setting a sensible boundary.

1 Like

Don’t add to the argument, please.

1 Like

I don’t know, I think there might be times that a marriage would benefit from a bit of amnesia.
I brought my brother back, haven’t regretted it. That said, whenever I need to do some cartographical research, I wish I knew Hepastia.

2 Likes