Accidentally sold my soul!

[quote=Snowskeeper][quote=Ben ]Does letting the deviless get your soul remove the cards and the storylet, even if you recover your soul?

Do you think I’ve time enough to get it back, playing with the fisher kings, before hallowmass and the possibility of a nice prize from the soul trade this year?

Best to not risk it?

If I do play with the fisher kings, that costs connected, right? Where’s a good grind for urchin connection?[/quote]

The Devils only like you for your soul–or, at least, the Affectionate Devil’s tastes lie in that direction; the Quiet Deviless is decidedly more confusing. When you regain your soul, you will find yourself accosted by them once more.

As for getting it back before Hallowmas, you might want to spend five dollars on a bundle of a hundred Fate for that; it’ll allow you to start the fate-locked Get Your Soul Back quest, and you can use what’s left (there will be a lot left) to get Exceptional Friendship and whatever shiny new visions this year’s festivities bring. Otherwise, the methods described above are the only ones available to you.[/quote]

Forgive my inpertinent rudeness, but WHAT THE HELL? I’ve spent £5 UK pounds by phone to get 36 Nex and all this time people can spend less to get 100 fate? Can someone explain to me what the heck?

Wait a moment; need to check prices. Sorry; should have done that before I made the post.

EDIT: Sorry; I messed up. It’s $20 for 100. I’ll just be, uh, over here in the corner, hiding from everyone.
edited by Snowskeeper on 10/9/2014

Don’t worry about it good sir, mistakes happen. I’d have been more livid if what you had said was true after all. if you wish to maked it up to me however, may i ask if you are a regular to this place? it’s just i need someone to make and regulaly update a Game Idea of mine which can be foind in the interesting idea thread if you are game. If not it’s cool, I’m just going to be too busy soon.

I’m a bit of an erratic visitor; I usually show up once a week, dump a stupid amount of semi-useful content into a few threads on the Unread Topic list, then quickly make my escape before anyone realizes what’s going on. I would not be an effective host for a game like that.

There’s another option right there called &quotFun with the Fisher Kings&quot.

By the way, here’s another kind of FL Wiki which organizes the area storlet by level. It may be easier to navigate for you. I know I find it helpful sometimes when I want a condensed view of what is available somewhere at my level.

Rookery Password, probably. Or just stockpile connections through conflict cards.

Use the same storylet’s first option (the persuasive challenge) or, if your connected is lower than 10, spend a carnival ticket at the sideshows at Mrs Plenty’s Carnival, if you are between 10 and 20 you can use a Rookery Password. Then there are various cards but that is a matter of the right ones turning up.

The same place you grind nearly all connections at low levels: the Carnival.

As far as I know, the only ones that you can’t reliably increase to 10 there are Masters, Somerset and Benthic.

Also, to the OP - you can in theory get your soul back from any bundle of oddities where 100 is a possible value. It doesn’t have to be the Urchins (although due to the possible value range on their bundles, that’s the best place to do it)

Somehow I got my Intimate of Devils up to 20 and now they don’t spam the &quotA Serious Offer&quot cards anymore either. I did lose it a few times by bad luck but got it back in the Flit.

One other card appears that gives the option to sell my soul but the reward is significantly lower and it doesn’t appear as much, thank the Masters. I tried to find the name of the card on the Wiki but I can’t find it.

That’s the fate-locked Soul Trade card. One to be avoided as far as I am concerned :)

And ironically the one I lost my soul to. :) You’d think the fate locked offer in the soul trade would be MORE profitable.:(
edited by Kylestien on 10/9/2014

Use the same storylet’s first option (the persuasive challenge) or, if your connected is lower than 10, spend a carnival ticket at the sideshows at Mrs Plenty’s Carnival, if you are between 10 and 20 you can use a Rookery Password. Then there are various cards but that is a matter of the right ones turning up.[/quote]

Whoa, 62 echoes, per time? … you eventually have echoes enough to do this easily… wow.

The Rookery Password is a one off purchase as it doesn’t get used, but the other items that the urchins want are used so 90 Rat on a String and 3 Reprehensible Lizards. So, if you buy them, it would be 3 Echoes per time.

And yes I would have enough echoes but I have been playing for a long time and my connected Urchins is well above the level needed to use it :)
edited by reveurciel on 10/9/2014

[quote=lady ciel ]The Rookery Password is a one off purchase as it doesn’t get used, but the other items that the urchins want are used so 90 Rat on a String and 3 Reprehensible Lizards. So, if you buy them, it would be 3 Echoes per time.[/quote]The Reprehensible Lizards only cost 40 pence each, so it’s 2.10 Echoes and 3 Actions for 75 CP. A bit more expensive than the usual 1.5 Echoes that most other factions require for their connection items.

But rat on a string cost 2 pence each so if you buy them that is 1.80 echoes plus the 1.20 echoes for the lizards therefore 3 Echoes. But I don’t think anybody actually buys rats.
edited by reveurciel on 10/9/2014

[quote=lady ciel ]But rat on a string cost 2 pence each so if you buy them that is 1.80 echoes plus the 1.20 echoes for the lizards therefore 3 Echoes. But I don’t think anybody actually buys rats.[/quote]Ah. No, it didn’t even occur to me than anyone would buy rats at the Bazaar when they are available from so many other sources. Which I suppose do run out, but even then it seems better to chase one’s own rats. I get most of my rats from the dockers after saving them from The Regiment’s dreaded cannon. Certainly enough rats there to make up for siding against the urchins.

I have sold my soul 13 times to those gulible devils, Am I the current record holder?

Heh, that is an impressive amount of times to be sure. I guess that’s a lot of Bundles…

Oh, and on which card do you sell it? Serious Offer cards tend to disappear if you raise Intimate of Devils enough, so it seems.

Good news! I got my soul back! :)

…Now, a new question: what is the purpose of Devilbone Dice?