A War In Spite! Again!

LWE-urchin

It seems the trouble is all over Spite. One cannot walk through Flowerdene Market without being caught in the crossfire. Ordinary citizens are racing across the district with plates strapped to their heads to avoid messy projectiles hurled from the roofs.

The Noughts and the Crosses are at war! Even more at war than usual, that is. This event will run for roughly a week, or until the morning after one side achieves victory.

Get involved from “A War in Spite”, located – you guessed it! – in Spite.

7 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, this is the only and best place to offload my surplus Lost Research Assistants, correct?

1 Like

Ahh, urchins! Amusing little little buggers-love 'em. This is gonna be a fun world event.

Yes!
And in case you need a reason to get more, we have spider week too!

EDIT: Do any of you feel that it has already been two years since the first war? And last one was at the beginning of January too.

1 Like

I know, that’s why I have so many of those to offload!
Thanks for the answer, I wanted to make sure of it.

1 Like

Something tells me this is a foregone victory for the Crosses simply because more people have larger piles of silk lying around than the amount of people with lost research assistants or hillmovers.

1 Like

I think it has to do more with the Research Assistants which can only be cashed during this event. Many people have a few dozen of those from spider pope grinding.

While the Noughts have the Unlawful Device which can be sold for more during Rat Market. So there’s no reason to start bombing the streets.

2 Likes

Hmm, then the rational response would be for everyone to first put everything into the Naughts, so they are ahead when we start dumping research assistants.

1 Like

I love being a war profiteer.

1 Like

You get Storm-Threnodies for trading in Unlawful Devices, which are also Rat-Marketable, so there’s no loss if you’re willing to wait that long.

2 Likes

But Unlawful Devices are also Scrip-sellable and my boots are starting to lose their shine, so the Urchins will have to be satisfied with three dozen grad students instead.

3 Likes

A filler event to tide you over till the next big one: the Feast of the Rose.

I support the Noughts this time, I have lots of wax to unload… unless things have changed from previous Urchin war events it doesn’t really matter much if you support the winning or losing side.

1 Like

Oh, but how wrong I was about this one! I even forgot about it and was left with a few assistants. Maybe they’ll have other future uses. :slight_smile:

1 Like