A Taste of the Garden

If this is becoming a ‘Beg Nitebrite for sips of imortality’ thread, then I too would like to request one when you are able to do so.

Here is my really important question : does it actually taste like apple ? ='D

Just a thought, but perhaps someone should start a “Beg NiteBrite for Sips” thread, so we can keep this one for discussing the dreams?

NiteBrite, I hope you’re ok with being begged for sips.

If it’s alright, might I have a sip as well?

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]Just a thought, but perhaps someone should start a &quotBeg NiteBrite for Sips&quot thread, so we can keep this one for discussing the dreams?

NiteBrite, I hope you’re ok with being begged for sips.[/quote]

[li]
Maybe that would be a good idea? Or just PM instead or, to make it NiteBrite’s time worth while, giving her social actions that reduce menaces with a note attached asking for a sip in return of taking Nightmare/Wounds and such. Will be help in the long run when a certain seeking comes back live–

I myself would like the thread to be more about discussion of the dreams. Because the cat dream is definitely about the 'Neath. The woman (the Bazaar as Mr Wines, I think?, used female pronouns for her in the Silver Tree live tweet) being happy with the seven cats (cities) because they’re going to please her (try to give her what she needs) and that’s going to happen by burying them (make the cities Fall) in the ground.

[li]
It actually apparently tastes of all sorts of fruit, although apple was the first mentioned.

It’s possible to make cider out of any fruit by definition. However, I believe there are three distinct variations of immortality-granting (and possibly alcoholic) beverages available in the Neath. One from the Capering Relicker brewed from cherries, one from the East created from peaches, and one from the Masters/Mr. Apples(?) presumably brewed from apples what were also presumably obtained from the Garden, which appears to be a mix of Eden and the Garden of the Hesperides and presumably located in the Elder Continent if I remember correctly.

The image for the cider also appears to depict an apple, does it not?

[li]
The Garden is the Garden of Eden, yes?

If that’s the case, then yeah, it’s probably made from apples.

[quote=Helen Demeter][quote=dragonridingsorceress]Just a thought, but perhaps someone should start a &quotBeg NiteBrite for Sips&quot thread, so we can keep this one for discussing the dreams?

NiteBrite, I hope you’re ok with being begged for sips.[/quote]

[li]
Maybe that would be a good idea? Or just PM instead or, to make it NiteBrite’s time worth while, giving her social actions that reduce menaces with a note attached asking for a sip in return of taking Nightmare/Wounds and such. Will be help in the long run when a certain seeking comes back live–

I myself would like the thread to be more about discussion of the dreams. Because the cat dream is definitely about the 'Neath. The woman (the Bazaar as Mr Wines, I think?, used female pronouns for her in the Silver Tree live tweet) being happy with the seven cats (cities) because they’re going to please her (try to give her what she needs) and that’s going to happen by burying them (make the cities Fall) in the ground.[/quote][/li][li]
[/li]Gifts from the Lofty Words would be a good idea, too. I’ll send an offering, eventually. This is the sort of emergent gameplay that’s fun. Imagine if those who had a sip could share dreams, but they were all slightly askew. It would be like Parabola Phone.

The dreams are very similar to the little stories told by the Order Ovate medals. You can view them here:
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Hats
I suspect they are snippets of the Seventh Letter, a forbidden play which may hold metaphorical clues to the tale of the Bazaar- which is also referenced by the Lilac content this week.
&quot Ah, were it only my unfettered choice. But I owe him his hunts and the joys of his voice.&quot → A line present in both stories.
edited by friendshipranger on 2/26/2014

…if we can ever extrapolate the full text of the Seventh Letter, I would be MORE than happy to help organize and stage manage a real-world production. Seriously, that would be beyond cool. :)

[quote=Snowskeeper][quote=Playersideblog]The image for the cider also appears to depict an apple, does it not?[/quote]The Garden is the Garden of Eden, yes?

If that’s the case, then yeah, it’s probably made from apples.[/quote]I’d say it’s more likely to be a reference to the Garden of the Hesperides, although it is certainly possible the two figures described in the dreams are taken from Eden. I’m not entirely sure, though.

Wow. That’s impressive.

I haven’t been following the Forums much in the last few days because I’ve been busy with work, but I am also curious and would love a sip if you’re willing (and the flask remains bottomless). If there’s anything I can do in return, please advise. I’m only interested for my main character, cathyr19355 (my alt is too busy getting married to think about immortality).

[li]

I’m more than happy to give out sips, and am working my way through the back log of folks who have asked. But let’s keep this thread to the discussion of the dreams (as they are very interesting). If you would like a sip of cider, I prefer you to either send me a private message on the forum, or a social action of some kind of social action like coffee or chess in the game.
edited by NiteBrite on 2/27/2014

A Dream about Bees

I feel like I ought to have more Wounds when I play this, but I clicked on it and now can’t get out. As observed above, Perhaps Not doesn’t seem to work.

Oh well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/DragonRidingSorceress?fromEchoId=3258589

NiteBrite, a thought: is it worth sending someone 2 sips, to see if different dreams become available at different levels of A Taste of the Garden?

Sure, there are three named levels (1, 2, 3+) of A Taste of the Garden. And it wouldn’t hurt to have more people flipping cards at higher levels. I’ve been chugging recently to get my Taste quality higher just in case. So far its just the six dreams, and I don’t expect there is more, but it’d be nice to check just in case.

I just received a sip of cider from Nitebrite! Many thanks, friend. I believe that the dreams of a Tree have been seen before, but i’ll share them regardless;

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Floyd~Tarrant?fromEchoId=3259427

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Floyd~Tarrant?fromEchoId=3259430

Spooky! I wonder, are these dreams indications of what we will find in the Elder Continent? Nobody’s had a dream of men wearing their umbilical cords uncut, as i’m aware. But it is an awfully large place.[li]

On 2 sips of Cider, I again got A Dream of Bees - the same one as before.

RNG capriciousness, do we think, or are the dreams tied to properties we have?

Pretty sure it’s just down to RNG. None of the cards display requirements other than Taste of the Garden on mouse-over, so they don’t have any other unlock requirements. If you just sit and discard the Garden cards, you’ll probably see all six cards eventually.

The wiki says for a &quotTaste of the Garden&quot the quality subtitle reads, 3-100 the taste is overwhelming. Is the quality gain from gulping down cider capped at 100? I know you’re probably not in a hurry to waste 10 actions, and this isn’t technically dream related, but have you tried maxing out the counter?