A Taste of the Garden

Okay alright here’s what I’ve seen about Cider from all the people who got sips (+ also nitebrite)

There are at least 6 dreams; they’re supposed to be Frequent frequency but the deck really likes to fling them at you straight away. Also you can’t Perhaps Not out of them, which is kinda weird. They all give roughly the same effect as well (1 Implication, big Wounds drop, 1cp Nightmares, Gates increase). There’s different level descriptions for 1, 2 and 3 Taste of the Garden, and then they’re all the same up to… er, well, at least 100. There don’t seem to be any other cards at higher levels from what I’ve seen anyone report.

okay that’s all i know about ciders

Thanks NB for the most eloquent of drinks! However, I believe my character did not enjoy the dream about inhaling bees, especially after his run-ins with the red honey.

Interesting stories. Also, apparently you are allowed to tease and tempt others with your Cider? Intriguing, although it’s not like I’ll be able to get any any time soon.

It is indeed interesting. I would also like to thank NiteBrite for their immense generosity!

I too shall tip my hat to the exceedingly generous Nitebrite! It’s fantastic to have a Hesperidian who is such an active member of our community. Getting to take a look at these little snippets of story has been great. I too have echoed my dream result.

Also, thanks to Spacemarine for the continually great work at keeping track of and sharing important information about How Stuff Works. I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned how much I appreciate your work for the community. :)

Ultimately, this is a great community is what I’m saying. :)

No problem folks. I’ve been sending sips out every action since yesterday as I tried to send a sip to everyone from the previous cider thread and a few other friends. I figured you all were the most interested in the content. I don’t mind sending more sips out if folks ask. The cider is unlimited in supply (now if only the same thing could be said about my actions available to send sips haha).

Six dreams, huh? So far we’ve had people on this thread echo five: (1) Painters, (2) Planting, (3) Spinning, (4) Tree, (5) Bees. Anyone got a different one?

(And, NiteBrite, thank you for your generosity again. But I don’t think anyone could object if you sent sips less frequently, especially with the new Feast content!)

A dream of Honey! It’s the best one, because it features rats. Honeyed rats.

[quote=Quixoticcat]So why am I the only one who got cats and graves? This really IS fascinating.[/quote]That dream about the cats makes me think of the Bazaar, putting seven cities into the ground. Or would it be the Masters doing that?

Echo permalink?!?!?

Quixoticcat, I see no reason to think it’s anything but the RNG choosing between several opportunity cards. Someone could hold one and see if another appears, to test this, of course.

I got the tree dream too. That does seem to be the most common one.

Hmm…I have to wonder if, when put in a particular order, these dreams form a continuous narrative (whether linear or cyclical).

The dream of bees mentions “your bones will feed the tree”, while the dream of a skull mentions a tree growing from a mass of human bones. That dream mentions a fig, while there’s another dream (I’ll look it up on the wiki) that mentions what seems to be a variation on the biblical Adam and Eve–and fig leaves feature prominently in that tale.

Of course, I’m probably not the first to think of this, but hey. :P

If the sips are unlimited I wouldn’t mind giving a dream a try.

Could I please have a sip too?

You Guyssssssss! I just logged into Ebz and UTTERLY freaked out when I realised NiteBrite had sent me a Sip! My friend now thinks I’m strange(r), but I’m so excited!

Will post permalinks to whatever dream I get; I just had to thank NiteBrite first.

ETA: My dream has not yet appeared. Nor has Lilac for the longest time. would sulk, but still too happy about CIDER!
edited by dragonridingsorceress on 2/26/2014

Oh this is exciting! I would like a sip too, when time and resources permit.

I would enjoy a sip too - thanks for the offer, Nitebrite! :)

I would love a sip as well (actions permitting, of course). It’s really great of you to share! :)

I would as well, if that’d be alright! Valla Mannetswell is my username.