A Taste of the Garden

Thanks to NiteBrite’s generous offer of in-character Hesperian Cider, my character acquired something called &quotA Taste of the Garden&quot. Immediately after, that item triggered an opp. card titled &quotA Dream about Painters&quot. The text was interesting (as is custom for lore regarding the Garden/immortality), but I don’t think I’m allowed to copy/paste it here and I don’t know how to edit the wiki*. I believe this is a thread worth having, however, and if anybody would like to volunteer I’ll send them the words, image titles, and effects necessary to make a quality wiki page. Plus everybody can discuss this here.

*-I get lost around navigating the UI and page formatting. I’ve fixed broken links and added new words to pages before, but this eludes me.

Well, that’s interesting.

After my taste - thanks, NiteBrite! - I got the following (verbatim):

1 - A Meagre Aftertaste x A Taste of the Garden

So it sounds as though there might be different results. Where in your inventory do you see the item?

I got the same, and the same dream card, the result from which I echoed. Playing the dream card consumed all of my A Taste of the Garden; those who still have the Taste quality might consider seeing if they draw other cards.

I received the same quality, and very shortly after received a dream card as well (which was listed as &quotFrequent&quot frequency) which consumed the entirety of that quality. I’ve echoed the dream in my journal as well. It looks like OPG and an_ocelot had the same dream. Mine was different. This is both awesome and fascinating!

Thank you NiteBrite![li]
edited by Quixoticcat on 2/25/2014

Cool. And yes, indeed, thank you, NiteBrite!

So hang on - did you guys get the “Meagre Aftertaste” too? I’ve drawn a few cards and nothing new yet…

Yes, the Meager Aftertaste is the name for the level of the quality A Taste of the Garden.

Phew! Was worried I had - in standard fashion - failed some kind of luck check…

I too have had a taste of the cider! Thank you Nitebrite for offering me a small taste!
I wonder what shall happen when I draw the opp. card. It hasn’t happened yet but then again the RNG seems to especially hate me when it comes to matters involving the deck.[li]EDIT: I have recieved the card and I had the same dream as OPG and an_ocelot. Fascinating!
[/li][li]
edited by Arthur_Pendlebrook on 2/25/2014

So why am I the only one who got cats and graves? This really IS fascinating.

Inexpressible thanks to NiteBrite! I’m still waiting on my dream, but I shall record progress, as always.

Man, these dreams it’s giving you guys are amazing.

I’ve got a new one - A Dream About Spinning. I’ve echoed the text and the result seems to be the same as that recorded for the other A Taste of the Garden opportunities.

With all the possibilities I wonder how generous Nitebrite can be with his Cider.

[quote=circe]With all the possibilities I wonder how generous Nitebrite can be with his Cider.[/quote]I’ll still wondering if all of this is technically Fate-locked but Failbetter just doesn’t want to spoil our fun.
edited by OPG on 2/25/2014

Why would Hesperidian Cider be Fate-locked? Nitebrite bought it with RL money and any player who is dedicated enough (as in years of play) can eventually afford to buy it with echoes from Nikolas Pawnbrokers.

My dreams are here. Thanks NB!
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin?fromEchoId=3242064
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin?fromEchoId=3242065

I am now fully resisting the urge to start comparing characters and their dreams to look for commonalties that might determine who gets what dreams (or if it’s like some of the stories where there’s several different opportunity cards you can get and it’s random what turns up for you).

Thank you all for sharing your dreams - I’m loving watching this unfold.

Thanks NB! I seem to have gotten a different dream than the rest of you–a Dream about Bees.

If someone could help me grab the direct links to the echoes in my journal like babelfishwars has, it’d be much appreciated. :)

[quote=Flipz]Thanks NB! I seem to have gotten a different dream than the rest of you–a Dream about Bees.

If someone could help me grab the direct links to the echoes in my journal like babelfishwars has, it’d be much appreciated. :)[/quote]

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Flipz?fromEchoId=3246757
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Flipz?fromEchoId=3246758

There’s a little blue link next to the title of each echo; it says “permalink.” That should do it.