A season of Exceptional Stories: Heart's Blood

[color=#0066ff]Exceptional Friends! A season of three Exceptional Stories begins with Flint. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The theme of this season is Heart’s Blood. Both January and February’s stories will follow the theme, and each Exceptional Story in this season will grant a unique item, related to the theme.

If you’ve already completed Flint, you will have received the first item. You’ll automatically get these items in the course of completing the story; you won’t need to choose a particular ending.

At the end of the season, we’ll release a new option in Fallen London. If you’ve collected all three items, you can trade them in for a substantial reward and a snippet of new story and lore.

If you want to keep the individual items as curios, you’re welcome to do so! The option will remain available so you can cash them in later, if you choose to.

Flint will change over to the next Exceptional Story on 31 December, so sign up for a subscription before then to enjoy the whole season at the optimal cost.

The Art of Murder

Art of Murder is the Exceptional Story for January, and the second story in Heart’s Blood![/color]

That’s one hell of a breakfast machine.

[color=#e53e00]I take crumpets very seriously indeed. [/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 12/22/2015

It’s the wrong trousers, Gromit!

Also, the themed story thing looks great. I can’t wait to get started on Flint once Sackmas has passed.

Okay, somehow despite buying Exceptional Friendship shortly after Flint II came out, it won’t last long enough for me to start the next story. I guess that’s what I get for being impatient and not consulting a calendar.

Confirm something for me: if one has started an Exceptional Story, does he have to finish it before the next one comes out? I’ve been a bit busy lately, so barely started Flint.

– Mal

Not at all Mal. All you need to do is have done the story portion that takes place at the House of Chimes. Beyond that, the story will remain unlocked for your playing enjoyment whenever you want.

TREMENDOUS

[li][quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]If you’ve already completed Flint, you will have received the first item. You’ll automatically get these items in the course of completing the story; you won’t need to choose a particular ending.[/color]
[/quote]

Do you promise? I’m not going to find out I’ve gotta feed a busload of orphans to a meat grinder and then pee on the remains in order to get the &quotgood&quot ending or cool reward? :P

This sounds absolutely incredible! I’m so looking forward to the other two stories :heart:

[quote=Kukapetal][li][quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]If you’ve already completed Flint, you will have received the first item. You’ll automatically get these items in the course of completing the story; you won’t need to choose a particular ending.[/color]
[/quote]

Do you promise? I’m not going to find out I’ve gotta feed a busload of orphans to a meat grinder and then pee on the remains in order to get the &quotgood&quot ending or cool reward? :P[/quote]
No tangible rewards for that, though I’m sure the stone pigs will applaud your Sackmas spectacular…

With a title like “Art of Murder” I really hope this one will be about my crew, The Set. It would be a crime against art not to include us (I’m teasing) ;-)

So…is the story going to be about a rivalry between old-fashioned, artisan murderers and industrializing mass murderers? That’s a very Failbetter way to explore the consequences of the Industrial Revolution.

A quick question: were I to subscribe now, would I be able to play the whole of Flint? Or have I spent too long wondering whether to subscribe already?

If you sign up before the 31st, both Flint Part 1 and 2 should be available to play immediately. ON the 31st the new story comes out: from that day onwards you would have to buy Flint separately with fate.
edited by Lacunae on 12/22/2015

You will be able to play all of Flint as long as you play the storylet at the House of Chimes before the new story starts on the last Thursday in December.

I did the same. But, for some reason the Flint stories started BEFORE the end of the calendar month, in contrast to this one which will not begin until the 31st.

At this point, NiteBrite, I wouldn’t be surprised if FBG did write your crew into a story!

The EF stories change over on the last Thursday of each month. It just happens that the last Thursday of this month is the 31st.

I wonder if The Society of Connoisseurs in Murder is still active on Fallen London. Such a fine institution should have thrived in the Neath, even if the Opium-Addled Essayist who made it famous died years before London fell.