A quick reminder about fun.

Okay, so I have seen somewhat of a lot of bitterness regarding this election. Anti jenny voting blocks, people putting their votes for sale due to being disenfrancised with their candidates (Guilty), people disliking comments about anything to do with vote…

I just want to say this. Keep in mind this entire thing is supposed to be fun. We are taking the whole thing way to seriusly right now. Right now I am also guilty of that, not because of me sellig my vote but because i worry what will happen if one or the other wins. I’ve changed my vote like 10 times based on who was more courrpt before deciding screw it and even now I’m not sure selling my vote is a good choice.

Keep in mind, it’s just a game. Whoever wins will probably not have a major effect. I doubt winning voters will have a advantage because that would be unfair, and it’s unlikely that one or another winning will ruin London entirely. All shall be well and all manner of things shall be well and all that.

So chill, have fun, don’t take it too seriously.
edited by Kylestien on 7/12/2016

It is all in good fun, but let it be known jenny is using her corruption for good and only focuses her attention on only corruption to right them. Politics are always going to be a touchy subject anyway and selling votes seems to be even worse than what the candidates are endulging in. Stay salty!

I agree. I’d rather the forums not turn hostile and we can all enjoy the story no matter what.

I’m voting in hope of some major effect. I want war with Hell, Revolutions, a coup led by militant nuns! I welcome the chaos and destruction our new mayor will doubtlessly bring. Let the city burn and the false stars plummet down from the firmament!
edited by IgnatuStone on 7/12/2016

shrugs The writers did a really good job of sucking everyone into the election.

[quote=IgnatuStone]I’m voting in hope of some major effect. I want war with Hell, Revolutions, a coup led by militant nuns! I welcome the chaos and destruction our new mayor will doubtlessly bring. Let the city burn and the false stars plummet down from the firmament!
edited by IgnatuStone on 7/12/2016[/quote]
To be honest I’d rather not have half the game suddenly disappear. I’m rather fond of Fallen London, both the game and the setting. Even aside from how much work it would be to rewrite half the lore-referencing storylets, I would miss them and be sad for newcomers who couldn’t experience them the way I did.

As I just said in the Anti-Jenny thread, taking ridiculous things seriously is fun, isn’t it? Any time you get invested in a story, any time you care if a character on a screen or on a page will live or die, you are worried over something of no real consequence. The bitterness if part of that, I think - some stories are meant to evoke negative feelings, and many willingly consume such stories. So I suggest, in the spirit of contrarianism, that we all take the fact that people are taking this seriously less seriously.

As fun as it may be to get swept up into debate we should be sure to remain civil and polite to one another. No need for hostilities here.

If you offend, annoy or harass players supporting other candidates strongly enough to drive them out of the community or make them quit the game altogether, the chance of your candidate winning would minutely increase.

A Troubled Aide whispers something in Passionario’s ear.

And that would be wrong.

Harassing other players? Hostilities? Are you two referring to anything in particular? I don’t think I’ve seen anything that wasn’t in good taste, but maybe I’ve just been lucky enough to avoid the worst.

Someone systematically down-voted a bunch of pro-Jenny posts, which seems a silly thing to both do and get upset about.

Oh, and half of the free votes on the bribery threat have a red -5 next to them.

Yeah, I’m not surprised to be honest. It is a somewhat murky idea. One I’m guilty of, but still murky.

shrugs Some people don’t approve of vote buying?

There have been things in poor taste. Also someone getting bothered enough by he whole situation to feel the need to step away from the game for a while.

Neither is a good thing.

How is downvoting possibly harassing
Get a grip

shrugs Some people don’t approve of vote buying?[/quote]

Well, my other options would be to vote for a candidate I do not support, nuke my career and Notability, which still would not fully remove my disinterested vote. Both of those are annoying and boring to execute. Instead, I opted for the third option, to sell my vote and engage with the community in an unusual way. To me, at least, this feels like a reasonable decision and much, MUCH better than ruining myself. Also, I thought someone else would already create something similar (and there WAS something similar, with Passionario and Jenny’s Fixers), keeping in mind Jenny’s hijinks and the amount of fixers among us.
If you do not wish to participate in it, than don’t. If you think that the rules of my threat are flawed, dislike away. But, if you dislike purely due to it being ‘immoral’ and ‘not in the spirit’, than stop and consider why all it was created before making such a decision.

It seems less the scheming and more the arguments that are causing trouble. The election’s writing and gameplay have both been really good and are causing some relatively strong feelings.

At least we have a taste of what those poor souls in London are going through, with all those campaigners, fixers, and agitators going around knocking down doors, starting riots, and generally trying to buttonhole people :P

Well, my other options would be to vote for a candidate I do not support, nuke my career and Notability, which still would not fully remove my disinterested vote. Both of those are annoying and boring to execute. Instead, I opted for the third option, to sell my vote and engage with the community in an unusual way. To me, at least, this feels like a reasonable decision and much, MUCH better than ruining myself. Also, I thought someone else would already create something similar (and there WAS something similar, with Passionario and Jenny’s Fixers), keeping in mind Jenny’s hijinks and the amount of fixers among us.
If you do not wish to participate in it, than don’t. If you think that the rules of my threat are flawed, dislike away. But, if you dislike purely due to it being ‘immoral’ and ‘not in the spirit’, than stop and consider why all it was created before making such a decision.[/quote]
I haven’t down voted anyone on your vote buying thread and in fact I tried to buy your vote, remember? :P It didn’t work out because neither of us trust Londoners :P

If you do not wish to participate in it, than don’t. If you think that the rules of my threat are flawed, dislike away. But, if you dislike purely due to it being ‘immoral’ and ‘not in the spirit’, than stop and consider why all it was created before making such a decision.[/quote]
I haven’t down voted anyone on your vote buying thread and in fact I tried to buy your vote, remember? :P It didn’t work out because neither of us trust Londoners :P[/quote]

Sorry if it seemed like I was addressing you specifically. I just felt that this would be a nice transition to talk about why I have created the bribery forum topic. Thanks for the burst of activity, though. Every bit helps in furthering the 4th option.