A New Map for London!

[color=#0066ff]You should now find that the new Fallen London map has arrived![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]If you have any issues using the map on your device, you can change to a lighter, Compatibility Map via Account Settings > Map settings. You’ll be able to set this as different on different devices.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]We hope you enjoy discovering the new map![/color]

Where can I give a feedback?

iiiii I’m in awe I love it its somewhat janky to navigate but I am not disappointed in the slightest
now let me look for all my property’s on the map
edited by the old man on 3/4/2020

I was about to blow a gasket when I noticed that I have to spend an action to set up a base camp. Fortunately, this is one-time only.

I still ca n’t find the new Map settings option in Account Settings after I refresh the page.
Now my map is still the old version, but all the icons are not displayed properly. The only icon displayed is the icon of accommodation. I am stuck in my house.
——

The new map is finally refreshed, it may be a network problem.
Now I can see the new map and map settings options
edited by chiche on 3/4/2020

I can’t use the New Map (causes my cellphone to crash, not enough memory I guess) so Compatibility Map will have to do.

I wish it was a bit smaller. Can’t see more than 3 locations at once.
edited by Chablink on 3/4/2020

[color=#0066ff]To feedback@failbettergames.com, please![/color]

[quote=chiche]I still ca n’t find the new Map settings option in Account Settings after I refresh the page.
Now my map is still the old version, but all the icons are not displayed properly. The only icon displayed is the icon of accommodation. I am stuck in my house.
——

edited by chiche on 3/4/2020[/quote]

I seem to be having the same issues with an alt in Firefox on a mac. Chrome and Safarfi seem tgo have worked out, but Firefox still has the old map with no ivcons, and no Map settings I can find in Account settings. Tried logging in and out and quitting and restarting Firefox.
edited by Snort on 3/4/2020

[quote=Chablink]I can’t use the New Map (causes my cellphone to crash, not enough memory I guess) so Compatibility Map will have to do.

I wish it was a bit smaller. Can’t see more than 3 locations at once.
edited by Chablink on 3/4/2020[/quote]
Same here, and on a laptop rather than a phone. I have to admit my tab habits are not helping the poor thing, but it still seems a fairly memory-hungry map. That said, the Compatibility one looks pretty sweet to me on the laptop! Do wish the option for switching to it were a bit more visible, though.

For me the new map seemed not to work at first, and only showing the social activities area on the old map, while I can’t even find the compatibility in settings (even using Ctrl+F and thoroughly searching through each setting).

On the map itself, what happened to Spicebridge? I had a little project trying to place all the little miscellaneous bridges and roads on the map, and Spicebridge matched the bridge on the right with all the little buildings that could be warehouses, while Hater’s Bridge went entirely unmentioned. Did Mr. Wines rename the bridge as a joke? Did it collapse with all the general chaos? (I was kind of fond of Spicebridge, to be honest. At least as fond as you can be of a bridge.) And second, considering the Bazaar’s bad history with wells, why does it look like the Masters are building the Neath’s largest well right next to the Bazaar?
edited by Ixc on 3/4/2020

I am also not getting any options or a map that lets me do anything.

[quote=chiche]I still ca n’t find the new Map settings option in Account Settings after I refresh the page.
——

edited by chiche on 3/4/2020[/quote]

Same here, or at least the first half of the above. Maybe it takes time to travel across networks or servers or something. I’ll give it some time and log in again later.

EDIT: Ah, wait, clearing the cache/data (in Firefox, this is) seems to have solved it. Now to play with the new map…
edited by Tintinnabulum on 3/4/2020

I can’t seem to find the university on the new map. Am I just daft or blind?

you have to zoom in a bit for the university for some reason its next to veilgarden, the laborinth also suffers from this it is next to ladybones road and mahogany hall next to spite
edited by the old man on 3/4/2020

It looks beautiful - lots to explore!

The Empress’ Court is now accessed via its own location on the map, rather than via a storylet in the Shuttered Palace, for anyone confused like me.

It froze on my phone for a good minute but worked perfectly fine after.

I adore this new map and only wish it had been available at the beginning.

It looks gorgeous, but I have to admit that usability is not top notch. The old one was faster, very immediate.

I had to stick with the non-fully interactive, and while it’s a bit better i admit it’s VERY frustrating to have to drag the screen to go from a place to another if they’re in opposite part of the screen.
Also splitting locations makes everyting quite confusing, but while inconvenient, maybe we could get accustomed to this particular change with time, but, please, not the dragging! It takes more time and effort to change location while before was very easy.

I have not gained enough courage to try it on the mobile browser…
edited by Frenzgyn on 3/5/2020

While the new map does look nice artistically speaking, replacing the old one with this mess was a mistake.

[ul][li]Icons have been removed, making it necessary to read the names of areas to identify them and increasing the time it takes to switch areas.[/li][li]You must first zoom in every time you wish to travel, increasing the time it takes to switch areas.[/li][li]You have to FIND the area you are looking for first before you can click it, rather than all areas being both visible and clickable immediately as they were with the old map, increasing the time it takes to switch areas.[/li][li]The new map lags when the old map didn’t because the old map was a static image while the new one is a mess you have to zoom and scroll through to use, increasing the time it takes to switch areas.[/li][li]Many areas have been split into several areas when there was no need to do that, meaning you now have to travel to new areas when you previously didn’t, which is inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience and a massive waste of time. This is especially aggravating with the Lodgings location which has been split into several areas which each have very few storylets instead of the prior, CONVENIENT, arrangement where they were all in one place.
[/li][/ul]
Where previously switching areas could be done in a matter of a second or two, bringing you exactly where you wish to go, it’s now a bit of a chore to do that and can take as much as an entire minute each time. The new art is delightful but you shouldn’t make it harder to play the game for the sake of it.

The game now crashes on the login screen, so I can’t even access it. :(
I’m on a Kindle Fire so my memory’s what it is, but I never had this kind of problem before…

[quote=Phèdre Delaunay]The game now crashes on the login screen, so I can’t even access it. :(
I’m on a Kindle Fire so my memory’s what it is, but I never had this kind of problem before…[/quote]

Speaking of memory, Safari now complains constantly that the FL pages uses so many resources that it’s slowing my MacBook Pro down. I’ve got 16GB of RAM, so that shouldn’t be an issue.