A New Festive Tale Available for Fate!

The Captivating Princess has a couple of appearances throughout Fallen London, most of which are in fate locked stories. She seems to be the premiere character for the Christmas stories as she has so far appeared (or will appear) in all three of them.

• Her first (to my knowledge), and probably most infamous, appearance is in The Gift story released at Christmass two years ago, where she tries to feed you to her sister. All the royal children who stayed in London after the fall have - through red honey - become changed into horrible monsters. But feasting upon the potential of an exceptional person can reverse the process. Which hints that the Captivating Princess already went through this process herself since she is human again, at least in physiology if not sentiment.

• Her next appearance is at the Feast of the Exceptional Rose, where you can spend a delightful honey dream with her. If you pass a fairly hard persuasive test she says that she enjoyed it and want to introduce you to red honey.

• It is possible to invite her to your salon if you have the highest possible ‘Engaged in a scheme: A Salon’. Which will have her spend an evening with you to the envy and respect of all your guests, which results in you getting a *** ton of Making Waves, enough for Notability 13 even without any RDB points.

• In one of the Gloom Destinies you and her form a relationship as rulers over the darkness suffocated ruins of the Fifth City, building up a court of survivors to serve your every whim as the two of you hunt people in the dark for sport and pleasure.

• At previous years Hallowmas you could get a confession from her telling how she was indirectly responsible for the death of her sister’s husband, the Heir of Prussia, as she persuaded him to stay in the Neath for a while after a visit, upon which he died of sunlight shortly after he returned to the surface due to his long time in the Neath.

• The next time we see her is second Christmas story which is more about her eldest sister, but where she make a short cameo.

• Her latest appearance (until the coming story here) is to help you be reinstated to the Court after you have been Governor of Port Carnelian.

edited by Akernis on 12/11/2017

A masked death-duellist courts a feral, flesh-eating princess?

I ship it.

Caroline’s response, I think, shall the the sound of glass breaking, a dropped snifter, and several moments of open mouth shock, followed, eventually, by “…okay.”

I myself cannot wait. I LOVED the Finishing School and the Gift was excellent. So should be great.

[quote=Daedalus_Falk]A masked death-duellist courts a feral, flesh-eating princess?

I ship it.[/quote]
Make that two of us.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Well, I’m bloody livid, given I ship Feducci and Jenny, but ah well, I’m happy for best mayor regardless!

Yay, the Captivating Princess is going to eat the Mayor!

Let’s just hope they don’t join forces together…

*Checks through stacks of detectives notes for secrets powerful enough to break off the wedding…"

I only hope there will be tacky commemorative plates.

Oh, this is Feducci we’re talking about. There will be at least seven of them.

or he’s gonna eat her. or they’re going to eat each other (clears throat) not like that. anyway, what was i- right, on his portrait, feducci has these charming black eyes, just like the pelegin eyes that monster-hunters get from eating zee-monsters. and he did mention that black ribbon members used to hunt beasts. which he brought up over a dinner. (subtle)

maybe he just needs a friendly reminder that it’s supposed to be monster-slaying not monster-laying?

[quote=Lady Karnstein]Caroline’s response, I think, shall the the sound of glass breaking, a dropped snifter, and several moments of open mouth shock, followed, eventually, by &quot…okay.&quot

I myself cannot wait. I LOVED the Finishing School and the Gift was excellent. So should be great.[/quote]

cathyr19355 shows no reaction in public but privately is astounded and appalled. She views Feducci as a well-meaning eccentric, not the sort of man who would unwittingly wed an immoral monster such as the Princess. Maybe the TC’s supporters were right, she thinks. Maybe he really is monstrous.

I myself am actually considering spending 40 Fate to play the story, something I rarely do.

@ Akernis
I’ve played the Gift twice and have no memory whatsoever of even meeting her Highness. Could someone please PM me a message indicating the branch I may have missed? It would be much appreciated.

This sentence is the most horrifying thing I have read in Fallen London.

Edit: The above is not intended as a jab at the poster.
edited by Lady Karnstein on 12/12/2017

One seemingly-minor detail about the Captivating Princess is that she is the only of the Traitor Empress’ issue to be born after the Fall. This implies, among other things, that she was sired by the Prince-Consort in his current state.

She’s got her father’s venom.

[li]

Unless the Empress secretly cheated with someone else…

This keeps getting better and better.

Was she born significantly after the Fall, though (i.e. at least 9 months after)? I think it was said she was born in the same year as the Fall, which is different.

Then where do those royal children come from whom you’re painting?

Those were confirmed to be nieces and nephews of Victoria or possibly grandchildren. But not her children in any event